It doesnt matter what cap it had, but anyways it's FAILIDOR. Features are pretty nice, but dumbheads are working in skalidor crew (and you're one of them) who're ******* up the server itself with treating people bad, banning them for nothing and so.
I kind of lost all the hope in the last 3 weeks . I kept trying and trying to keep my server online, now, in the last week, when it gained stability and players start coming back and actually enjoying the gameplay, some guy started hitting me with 500 Mb/s botnet and exploiting my agentserver while blackmailing me.
The community is still here, but unfortunately there are this kind of people that are cinical, worthless, that do not care about others, that instead of helping would **** someone over because they are creating something nice, that like to see everything thown to the garbage instead of seeing it growing and achieving something.
This community cannot grow because of this kind of people. Unfortunately, they are here and they won't stop. When you try to put some sense into them, to be human toward you as you are toward them, they would say "too much drama". Seems like this is the world we live in... everyone is looking to destroy, instead of supporting.
If you say that everyone is caring about the money in SRO community, you are wrong . I met people that own/owned servers and they do not/did not give a **** about donations. It would've been enough to gain the money that would pay the root.
Still, cheerish the experiences I had in this community. The old days. The people I met. The friends I made. The knowledge that I achieved etc .
I kind of lost all the hope in the last 3 weeks . I kept trying and trying to keep my server online, now, in the last week, when it gained stability and players start coming back and actually enjoying the gameplay, some guy started hitting me with 500 Mb/s botnet and exploiting my agentserver while blackmailing me.
The community is still here, but unfortunately there are this kind of people that are cinical, worthless, that do not care about others, that instead of helping would **** someone over because they are creating something nice, that like to see everything thown to the garbage instead of seeing it growing and achieving something.
This community cannot grow because of this kind of people. Unfortunately, they are here and they won't stop. When you try to put some sense into them, to be human toward you as you are toward them, they would say "too much drama". Seems like this is the world we live in... everyone is looking to destroy, instead of supporting.
If you say that everyone is caring about the money in SRO community, you are wrong . I met people that own/owned servers and they do not/did not give a **** about donations. It would've been enough to gain the money that would pay the root.
Still, cheerish the experiences I had in this community. The old days. The people I met. The friends I made. The knowledge that I achieved etc .
Maybe there is still hope, who knows . ^_^
Well there true in every word you say,but depends on the capacity of the person and his personality all that matters far i know about hope will alwase be there around you
When isro 2007-2008 enough for +5 weps +3 +2 GARMENT () SET...With some int str..Unfourtunetly now everyone making +5 set +7 wep and then FB set.. If they cant reach it they dont want make JOB/PVP.. Look at the Orjinal Silkroad Job 52-60 lvl players at dw door they dont care about their wep or FB sets..
Sad to say it but old silkroad players dont care about sox/elixir farm but now players care it because they wanna the best... So no1 doing job its the reason.
I've been walking around with the similar idea and also I do have (most of the) resources to make a project like this and the manpower to make it happen. However there are so many problems involved to make the server successfully.
Leveling
People these days who still play silkroad got used to leveling fast. Due the many private servers that are online they have the choice to enter a server were they can level up to the highest cap within 3 day. Or they can join the "original-look-alike" server and must farm+level for over 4+ months to reach level 80.
Now some might think that the solution is to make leveling a bit easier. Well no..
When you increase the level speed you also unwillingly increase the goldrate, the amount of goldbotters, the items for the last set, the alchemy rate. Basically when you make leveling easier, everything becomes different.
Silk price
The silk prices from isro might seem high, however that is also done with a reason. The less silk you get the harder things such as alchemy will become. When you can buy 30 immortals with just €10,- going above +5 on a sun item will be way cheaper and therefor easier to make +7 or higher. *well then you just change the silk prices like isro?*
Here we go again; when you do such thing. Nobody will ever donate for silk; why would you donate 50 euro for 2.000 silk. When you get 20.000 silk for the same price?
So therefor the money you gain isn't support the server and you will go offline eventually.
Free silk
One of the most stupid feature that has EVER been created is free silk. I've no idea what fu**** came up with that. What's up with free silk per hour, vote for silk? The reason silk has been introduced in game (and in other games) is so the servers can keep on running. So when you add this feature the server isn't going to last for long and it wont be like the oldskool times.
If you don't; people complain about pay2win and you wont gain any users at all.
Also donations will pay for the person who invest his time in it. If you go to the supermarket and buy a pack of cookies. You don't pay for the cookies only, you pay for the person who makes it possible for you to grab them. You pay for the location, the building, the safety investigation in the cookies so you don't get sick from a parasite in a cookie. And therefor it's possible for a supermarket to keep on selling their products.
Time == money.
Everything together: Gold, silk items, alchemy, old tablet system, trading rates, avaters (luck + premium), Sox drops
To make a long story short, all those things need to be original and therefor it's just not possible.
Even if you find yourself a millionaire which can easily support the server. He wouldn't even try since he became millionaire probably because he knows business and then we are back to joymax. And that's also because there might be a chance my server would fail simply because the thing I do for a living is business.
I do like the idea, and maybe if the other private server rates and shit didn't exist. I'd be sure it would work out.
I've been walking around with the similar idea and also I do have (most of the) resources to make a project like this and the manpower to make it happen. However there are so many problems involved to make the server successfully.
Leveling
People these days who still play silkroad got used to leveling fast. Due the many private servers that are online they have the choice to enter a server were they can level up to the highest cap within 3 day. Or they can join the "original-look-alike" server and must farm+level for over 4+ months to reach level 80.
Now some might think that the solution is to make leveling a bit easier. Well no..
When you increase the level speed you also unwillingly increase the goldrate, the amount of goldbotters, the items for the last set, the alchemy rate. Basically when you make leveling easier, everything becomes different.
Silk price
The silk prices from isro might seem high, however that is also done with a reason. The less silk you get the harder things such as alchemy will become. When you can buy 30 immortals with just €10,- going above +5 on a sun item will be way cheaper and therefor easier to make +7 or higher. *well then you just change the silk prices like isro?*
Here we go again; when you do such thing. Nobody will ever donate for silk; why would you donate 50 euro for 2.000 silk. When you get 20.000 silk for the same price?
So therefor the money you gain isn't support the server and you will go offline eventually.
Free silk
One of the most stupid feature that has EVER been created is free silk. I've no idea what fu**** came up with that. What's up with free silk per hour, vote for silk? The reason silk has been introduced in game (and in other games) is so the servers can keep on running. So when you add this feature the server isn't going to last for long and it wont be like the oldskool times.
If you don't; people complain about pay2win and you wont gain any users at all.
Also donations will pay for the person who invest his time in it. If you go to the supermarket and buy a pack of cookies. You don't pay for the cookies only, you pay for the person who makes it possible for you to grab them. You pay for the location, the building, the safety investigation in the cookies so you don't get sick from a parasite in a cookie. And therefor it's possible for a supermarket to keep on selling their products.
Time == money.
Everything together: Gold, silk items, alchemy, old tablet system, trading rates, avaters (luck + premium), Sox drops
To make a long story short, all those things need to be original and therefor it's just not possible.
Even if you find yourself a millionaire which can easily support the server. He wouldn't even try since he became millionaire probably because he knows business and then we are back to joymax. And that's also because there might be a chance my server would fail simply because the thing I do for a living is business.
I do like the idea, and maybe if the other private server rates and shit didn't exist. I'd be sure it would work out.
Those ideas are mostly the best from a game fan.. I think I may apply your words on troy.
I think the server files should have never been made public. The amount of servers I feel is a huge reason as to why the SRO community is in it's current state.
Isyutaru now:
isyutaru appeared
5 seconds later:
tr_wyzard_120lwl_fullsun_krallmen kılled ısutaru omg gzz me im so strong thx.
We could make it like it was by decreasing cap to 60 also making plvl harder. but you won't get any players maximum 100 dat if you was lucky. Just saying people doesn't want servers like these. It is the same with level 100 uniques and d10 server.
If you havent run a serious server you dont know whats needed to get a popular one. Most of the ideas/facts presented in this thread wouldnt work/are false.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A new hope
There is no hope.
The community is totally ****** up.
We should build a time machine and go back in time. That's the only solution.
Kbot is junk lets read my ... 08/24/2011 - DarkOrbit - 15 Replies I used kbot to make my alfa whit bigboy but i lost it kbot always says reconnect but my internet still on this bot is not safe ! :rtfm: