Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Classic Esro Returning (10th Degree Sever)

Discussion on Classic Esro Returning (10th Degree Sever) within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: Would You Like To See Elite Sro Return?
Yes 72 61.54%
No 45 38.46%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05/02/2013, 07:13   #16

elite*gold: 0
I don't think it will be worth playing now.
Old 05/02/2013, 10:11   #17

id play it.im sick of all the ******* editing and bullshit the people do these days and ill probably get the best out of this 1 if its out
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/02/2013, 11:36   #18

Received Thanks: 1,118
That's like grabbing a product that has been successful in the past, then starting to reproduce it, and expecting it to be as successful as it was back then with disregard of the reasons why it actually was such a success.

Isn't that somehow naive?
Old 05/02/2013, 13:49   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
Everyone can open a non-modified server. Again, the only reason for the players playing there was that there was no real alternative to updated gameplay, after the files were released the only players that stayed there were people bond to their guilds-characters and multiclient bots.

You are trying to make esro look like something unique and special, when it wasn't, ever.
After the d11 update , like i said we were nr 2 or something server with 700+ players on at all times WITHOUT any bots simply because nobody would develop a bot for esro. Esro was unique and it was special if you cant get over the fact that admin didnt like you thats that, but the most important thing about esro and the only thing that kept esro going trough these years was the community. And that (iceamstiel) is the reason we've opened this poll.Like i said the shutting down wasnt intentional and since then we've recieved many messages from our players with questions if there can be anything done. Just recently we've discovered that old db and decided to create this poll , not to see if its that profitable because atm sro scene is anything but profitable , but to see if the community would still be there to bear with us.

You can say whatever you want about esro , that it was poorly managed that people played on it because of no alternatives. That is all true but people made the best out of a worst situation and thats why esro was special.The current team was born from that community and the reason we're doing this is to give something back to the players and the community that gave us notable memories and fun times togheter.

(yeah and neither admin nor we ever engaged in a ddos war , unlike most of you guys here.)
Old 05/02/2013, 14:02   #20

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Panda. View Post
Esro was unique and it was special if you cant get over the fact that admin didnt like you thats that, but the most important thing about esro and the only thing that kept esro going trough these years was the community.
eSRO was unique w/o lucky powders and zerk pots yeah, its not that he didn't luv'd Synx, he just wanted to keep BlackRogue file and get all profits until the community starts quitting, eSRO players had no other choice to play there coz all other servers was emulators and crappy servers.
Old 05/02/2013, 14:09   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowStyle™ View Post
eSRO was unique w/o lucky powders and zerk pots yeah, its not that he didn't luv'd Synx, he just wanted to keep BlackRogue file and get all profits until the community starts quitting, eSRO players had no other choice to play there coz all other servers was emulators and crappy servers.
Synx wanted GM. Admin said no = synx said bb.

End of story.

Also snow guy if you could read my post till the end you'd see my point.
Old 05/02/2013, 14:16   #22

elite*gold: 130
Quote:

End of story.

I saw your point, don't worry but Synx wanted to help the admin because a lot of players were requesting an update with lucky powders & pots zerk but the GM didn't trust any1 so back to my point he wanted to keep files and didn't wanted to share em' with any1, admin was so greedy huh...
Old 05/02/2013, 14:30   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowStyle™ View Post
I saw your point, don't worry but Synx wanted to help the admin because a lot of players were requesting an update with lucky powders & pots zerk but the GM didn't trust any1 so back to my point he wanted to keep files and didn't wanted to share em' with any1, admin was so greedy huh...
What you people dont understand its that it wasnt about greediness. Back then yes he was the only one with the files. He didnt trust anyone because he was new in the sro scene. If you kids cant get that Private servers are a bussnies not a playground theres no talking to you. Its like saying omg that person is so evil because he doesnt give us some of his money. He leaked the files himself. He worked by himself and you wanted to trust the first person that came along to "help" him?
Old 05/02/2013, 15:04   #24

Received Thanks: 1,118
Quote:
And that (iceamstiel) is the reason we've opened this poll.
Seriously, you're the first panda I start to dislike, even tho you're so damn fluffy <.<
Caipi feels misunderstood..

Quote:
After the d11 update , like i said we were nr 2 or something server with 700+ players on at all times WITHOUT any bots simply because nobody would develop a bot for esro.[..]but the most important thing about esro and the only thing that kept esro going trough these years was the community.
Cause there wasn't any alternative to isro, and since people tend to try something completely new out (Curiosity is just natural) they simply packed their package and moved to esro. That explains the online count as well.
And 700 Player are in my opinion pretty low considering the fact that there weren't as many private servers out as there are today where the overall player base is widely scattered.

Quote:
Esro was unique and it was special
"Special" back then cause it was the sole suitable option for players that didn't want to suffer from joymax' incompetence any longer.

Quote:
if you cant get over the fact that admin didnt like you thats that
Now that you say it! I think 15 years ago, my sandbox love refused to give me her with rasped coconut covered chocolate bar.. damn I can't stand her..

Quote:
Dunno if I am the only one, but that's quite reasonable in my opinion.

Quote:
not to see if its that profitable because atm sro scene is anything but profitable
[..]The current team was born from that community and the reason we're doing this is to give something back to the players and the community that gave us notable memories and fun times togheter.
I don't quite understand it, you're not interested in profit and you want to give the players something all voluntarily back because of the funny times you had.

What do you need the thread poll for? Open it up, see it rise or fall. Such a poll seems like.. "I am convinced that the player will join again, but I want to make sure that they really are going to join" which doesn't make sense and might disguise a different purpose.
Old 05/02/2013, 15:12   #25

10 Server open per day , an other one more or less would change what?
Old 05/02/2013, 15:18   #26

elite*gold: 325
Received Thanks: 8,717
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Basically this is a community revival of ESRO?
Old 05/02/2013, 15:47   #27

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:

End of story.

I didn't want to be GM, even on my own server I didn't want to be GM, I hate being a GM.
What I wanted was develop stuff and find how the files worked. I don't want to deal with teh players complaints and do events and ****, I find that stressing and boring, GM is probably the last job I wanted to do.

When I worked for him... it was really painful, I had 0 access to anything. Think that back then no one had access to any server-file. I had no idea about the structure of the SRO db or files, nor how any of that worked. I wanted to do updates but all he would send me were pics like this (I still saved them):

I couldn't even get a full list of the db table names for try to figure out what I could need to edit to make something at all. I just could ask on request for the content of few tables, if I knew its name first of course...

I didn't left eSRO because I didn't get GM, thats for sure, as I said I hate being GM, I left him because his lack of cooperation and his money-greedyness.
Old 05/02/2013, 15:54   #28

basically what synx is trying to say the owner of esro is a greedy motherf*cker.i only liked esro cause it was fun to me.not cause i wanted to buy stuff.ive never bought anything for a game.EVER.lol
Old 05/02/2013, 16:08   #29

Yeah admin was greedy no argue with that if he realy wanted he could learn to do the updates himself but like i said he owned quite a number of private servers in diffrent games so it was all to profitable for him to care about what players want.

@caipi uff uff.. that 700+ players were recorded in dec 2012 prior to the shutting down like i said.

2nd: the reason we've opened this poll is like i said to see if the community is still there for us like we are for them. Dont get me wrong that doesnt mean that we're gonna open it anyway. No matter how much we love esro's old community we're talking about real money that cant be just threw away (id open esro again even if i dont gain anything but not lose anything aswell but thats only me.)

@synx i know all about what was going on back then.. skyline was an old buddy of mine from isro so i was allways with him in teamspeak as you guys were trying to gain acces. Thats why im saying that. I dont question your reasons for wanting acces but you gotta see it from admin's point of view. New in psro scene doesnt know anybody , doesnt know himself how to execute most of the files he cant trust the first guy that offers to help him with full acces.

@disco dk what you mean by that. this is launched by esro's team
Old 05/02/2013, 16:24   #30

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Yeah admin was greedy no argue with that if he realy wanted he could learn to do the updates himself but like i said he owned quite a number of private servers in diffrent games so it was all to profitable for him to care about what players want.

@caipi uff uff.. that 700+ players were recorded in dec 2012 prior to the shutting down like i said.

2nd: the reason we've opened this poll is like i said to see if the community is still there for us like we are for them. Dont get me wrong that doesnt mean that we're gonna open it anyway. No matter how much we love esro's old community we're talking about real money that cant be just threw away (id open esro again even if i dont gain anything but not lose anything aswell but thats only me.)

@synx i know all about what was going on back then.. skyline was an old buddy of mine from isro so i was allways with him in teamspeak as you guys were trying to gain acces. Thats why im saying that. I dont question your reasons for wanting acces but you gotta see it from admin's point of view. New in psro scene doesnt know anybody , doesnt know himself how to execute most of the files he cant trust the first guy that offers to help him with full acces.

@disco dk what you mean by that. this is launched by esro's team
I didn't need full access either, even teamviewer on the testserver was enough, but I got 0 trust from him, and he pretented me to do work I never done before purely blind.
My only update was a failure because in the end I could only do what I could do by knowing how the stores work, this mean, I only added stuff on the item mall and few things on the NPC's.

After that update it was me who got all the blame, it wasn't worth it and I left.
I doubt you know how it was going internally back then only by conversating with Skyline, with him I only talked about 50% of the stuff.
Closed Thread

Tags
elite, elitesro, esro, psro