Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to corrupt Skilldatas safely ?

Discussion on How to corrupt Skilldatas safely ? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation How to corrupt Skilldatas safely ?

Hello.
i know the title is looking so weird
but ...
i am doing a really new pvp skills with 100% different skills system
and i am nearly finished.. i was planning to create this DB n' Client and sell it or open it under my own name.

but then i realized that a lot of people will download and extract the data from the client then copy them to their own DBs.

i was wondering about a Skill param or Skill colum to corrupt it in the clientside which not affect the client and make the serverside to crash or something.

for example :
In adding a new attackpets there is a param where you must add the code of existing attack pet instead of yours or the pet will not attack, but when you add your codes without editing this param in client it won't make any difference.
Old 04/25/2013, 17:45   #2

Change the existing skill params in GS, client and in your skilldata.
Old 04/25/2013, 18:01   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A new hope View Post
Change the existing skill params in GS, client and in your skilldata.
you didn't understand what i meant ? did you ?
Old 04/25/2013, 18:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko* View Post
you didn't understand what i meant ? did you ?
Oh trust me, I do know what do you mean.

If you change the skill params in your gameserver, sro_client.exe and skilldata, people won't be able to add your skills to their server, because their GS and sro_client.exe have different params. hurrdurr
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/26/2013, 03:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A new hope View Post
Oh trust me, I do know what do you mean.

If you change the skill params in your gameserver, sro_client.exe and skilldata, people won't be able to add your skills to their server, because their GS and sro_client.exe have different params. hurrdurr
Based on the fact that the ppl dont have the nerve and skills to simply check the new parameters and replace the old ones.
Meaning it'll work out for 99.99% of the cases. However, if someone really wants to steal your work they can