Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Private Servers must follow some sort of a law correct?

Discussion on Private Servers must follow some sort of a law correct? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Private Servers must follow some sort of a law correct?

Hello.

I will explain my situation, and i would like to get serious answers.

I'm currently playing on a Silkroad Online private server, the name of the server will remain a secret for now.

Anyhow, I've donated a lot of real money to this server, also I've been helping out a lot, anyhow now to the problem..

Their database leaked sometime ago, and all passwords and Id's was floating around for someone to grab and steal everything, but i have not gotten all my things back, because they say their logs don't go that far back.

But must the not make some sort of a compensation, i mean I've paid for stuff, it's legally mine, and if i don't get it back, I've paid for nothing. And due to the fact that this hacking stuff was not my fault, (Breaking any of their rules such as sharing my account, selling, purchasing gold or whatever) this can't be legal.

So to round it up, are they not legally guilty to make me some sort of a compensation, or may the just say that they can't do a **** about it?

Thank you for serious answers.
Old 11/28/2012, 14:12   #2

i can simply laugh about this
Nothing against you in person, but about your hopes.

First you need to know what this is!
the whole p server scene of sro is illegal.
if you buy drugs, and they are spoiled, i don't really think you can take any legal action against the drug seller
Anyway - it's your risk when you buy stuff from a private server.
(I'd really reconsider "trusting" them, as a database leak is the proof that these people have no idea of what they are doing - just some hobby wanna-be admins without any experience in the subject)
They surely also abuse the word "donate" which ever motherfucker here does! (yes, fuck you, you fucking shitlickers!!!).
The only thing you can do to "pay back" is to send paypal evidences, that it is a commercial site, which is abusing the "donation" function, and maybe send a letter to joymax making them aware of the private server. But none of the mentioned steps will make you get your money back.

"it's legally mine" is completely wrong - EVERYTHING you see here is propriety of joymax! it doesn't matter if you paid for it or not. It is joymax's intellectual property, and nobody elses.
You're asking for some kind of legal consumer right. I ask myself, if you were playing silkroad when "mhtc/ecsro/zszc" was ruling the private server scene.
they started with mhtc, pulling money out of players pockets, then they closed (blaming the hoster), and re-opened a new server named ecsro. again the same thing happened. they sucked the money out of players pockets, closing the servers, and reopening new ones called "zszc". And even on "zszc" those fucks claimed that one of their servers burnt down in a data center (which simply is LOL, as i sometimes work in dc's and i know how they run) and 2 days later they opened a new one.

Long story - short meaning: you will not get anything back, and you will not be able to sue them (unless you report them on paypal and on joymax )

Last funny example: you buy a stolen phone, and you want a compensation from the manufacturer because the phone didn't have a working sd-card
Thanks
5 Users
Old 11/28/2012, 14:27   #3
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungenbaz View Post
Hello.

I will explain my situation, and i would like to get serious answers.

I'm currently playing on a Silkroad Online private server, the name of the server will remain a secret for now.

Anyhow, I've donated a lot of real money to this server, also I've been helping out a lot, anyhow now to the problem..

Their database leaked sometime ago, and all passwords and Id's was floating around for someone to grab and steal everything, but i have not gotten all my things back, because they say their logs don't go that far back.

But must the not make some sort of a compensation, i mean I've paid for stuff, it's legally mine, and if i don't get it back, I've paid for nothing. And due to the fact that this hacking stuff was not my fault, (Breaking any of their rules such as sharing my account, selling, purchasing gold or whatever) this can't be legal.

So to round it up, are they not legally guilty to make me some sort of a compensation, or may the just say that they can't do a shit about it?

Thank you for serious answers.
as silkbotter said, every server(emus too as they are using copyrighted material) is illegal
if you go tell the cyberpolice about it, it will most likely that you get some accusations as well(you technically sign a ToU with the client saying that you wont use in any unofficial manner)
the actions from Joymax are and will always be sue
BUT, suing a pserver was clever 4 years ago
now with that much of pservers out there, suing one will bring 20 more in the same day(or close them because of fear)
also, even a big server like myth, overlimit, GrindRoad, etc wont be FOREVER
there will be a point when the server goes dead(Joymax will do too, but it would take more in comparison), so my advice is: DONT SPEND MONEY ON ANY SEVER(my opinion)
SRO is not a Pay2Win(Term copyrighted by PortalDark) game
having silks is only important in official servers, as the exp rate is low, while on pserver you can get to 120 in 2 weeks at 30~50x(full bot).
Aside the exp boost, no more is required(aside pick pet but with bot who cares)

again, this is my opinion(silk part)
as for the legality, none are and as Silkbotter said, they wont even care about if the info is leaked, the only thing they will do is to ask for password change to avoid hack(if that is called hack)
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2012, 14:50   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theross View Post
i can simply laugh about this
Nothing against you in person, but about your hopes.

First you need to know what this is!
the whole p server scene of sro is illegal.
if you buy drugs, and they are spoiled, i don't really think you can take any legal action against the drug seller
Anyway - it's your risk when you buy stuff from a private server.
(I'd really reconsider "trusting" them, as a database leak is the proof that these people have no idea of what they are doing - just some hobby wanna-be admins without any experience in the subject)
They surely also abuse the word "donate" which ever motherfucker here does! (yes, fuck you, you fucking shitlickers!!!).
The only thing you can do to "pay back" is to send paypal evidences, that it is a commercial site, which is abusing the "donation" function, and maybe send a letter to joymax making them aware of the private server. But none of the mentioned steps will make you get your money back.

"it's legally mine" is completely wrong - EVERYTHING you see here is propriety of joymax! it doesn't matter if you paid for it or not. It is joymax's intellectual property, and nobody elses.
You're asking for some kind of legal consumer right. I ask myself, if you were playing silkroad when "mhtc/ecsro/zszc" was ruling the private server scene.
they started with mhtc, pulling money out of players pockets, then they closed (blaming the hoster), and re-opened a new server named ecsro. again the same thing happened. they sucked the money out of players pockets, closing the servers, and reopening new ones called "zszc". And even on "zszc" those fucks claimed that one of their servers burnt down in a data center (which simply is LOL, as i sometimes work in dc's and i know how they run) and 2 days later they opened a new one.

Long story - short meaning: you will not get anything back, and you will not be able to sue them (unless you report them on paypal and on joymax )

Last funny example: you buy a stolen phone, and you want a compensation from the manufacturer because the phone didn't have a working sd-card
Oh no, I'm not going to sue them or anything, i only wanted information, and yes i know this Silkroad Private server thing is not legal, but i thought since i paid real cash, there must be some sort of rules to follow, i must get what i paid for from what I've understood.

Thanks for you serious answer :-)
Old 11/28/2012, 14:56   #5
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Oh no, I'm not going to sue them or anything, i only wanted information, and yes i know this Silkroad Private server thing is not legal, but i thought since i paid real cash, there must be some sort of rules to follow, i must get what i paid for from what I've understood.

Thanks for you serious answer :-)
in few words about that
easy
you made a donation(i know its overused) but there is nothing you can do(you can ask for a chargeback, but that will depend on the bank, or paypal chargeback policy)
Old 11/28/2012, 15:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
in few words about that
easy
you made a donation(i know its overused) but there is nothing you can do(you can ask for a chargeback, but that will depend on the bank, or paypal chargeback policy)
Yeah, i guess i could do this.
Old 11/28/2012, 15:16   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
in few words about that
easy
paypal policies strictly say, that there will be no refund or buyer protection for virtual goods as gaming accounts, game gold, game items, login details for **** websites etc.
if you say something like "where da hell is the blu-ray burner i bought from you?" you actually might win the dispute. but if the payment says "*** silks for server ***" you're doomed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2012, 15:22   #8
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theross View Post
paypal policies strictly say, that there will be no refund or buyer protection for virtual goods as gaming accounts, game gold, game items, login details for **** websites etc.
if you say something like "where da hell is the blu-ray burner i bought from you?" you actually might win the dispute. but if the payment says "*** silks for server ***" you're doomed.
i chargedback a runescape membership some time ago with paypal and they approved it

@bold

yeah, like ill pay with a paypal that
Old 11/28/2012, 15:25   #9

charge back, or dispute? because you are not really able to "charge back" unless you contact your credit card institute or bank for the happening.

Anyway, read the TOS, and you'll re-read what i've re-written here.
unfortunately that was the reason why i lost the legendary 2650 EUR for the sro server files to some brasilian ****.
Old 11/28/2012, 17:50   #10

Nothing is legally yours
cuz your playing on illegal sro server.
And what did you expact that something like that will not happend
there almost no sro worht server to play on thats why i quited sro and changed to dota 2
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/28/2012, 19:04   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanJack View Post
Nothing is legally yours
cuz your playing on illegal sro server.
And what did you expact that something like that will not happend
there almost no sro worht server to play on thats why i quited sro and changed to dota 2
yet he's stumbling in sro pserver sections
Old 11/29/2012, 00:51   #12

elite*gold: 220
It's illegal yes.
That issue depends on the Server Team you are playing in , If they are reliable or just kids who started a server to earn some money.

Regards
Old 11/29/2012, 07:03   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by diedeck View Post
It's illegal yes.
That issue depends on the Server Team you are playing in , If they are reliable or just kids who started a server to earn some money.

Regards
I actually think this Private server is the most serious out there, with active staff members, real office and so on, this is not a 14 year old in his moms basement.
Old 11/29/2012, 08:39   #14

Quote:
I actually think this Private server is the most serious out there, with active staff members, real office and so on, this is not a 14 year old in his moms basement.
with clown-gms entertaining the players with mass-spawns, with corruption leveling-up their friends, with seriosity to have shitloads of typos on their website, with servers appearing and disappearing like flies die.
Yes. very serious
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/29/2012, 10:30   #15

I bet its PlaySRO you're talking about =) those got their db leaked several times.

Tags
silkroad online