Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Let's Review - Introduction

Discussion on Let's Review - Introduction within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 08/13/2012, 21:38   #16

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 燃Nui料 View Post
his voice volume is fine for me o_o . Got youtube on bout 30% and windows sound on bout 60~70%
And that's wrong. You should be able to hear him at somewhere around 30-40% of Windows volume and 100% youtube's volume. Check "When cheese fails" videos to see what I'm talking about. His microphone is either a piece of junk, or he didn't turn the volume up to the max including the +20/30 dB boost.
Old 08/13/2012, 21:40   #17

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
I can hear that 'when cheese fails' a little bit. At 40% windows volume I can barely hear him, but I don't want my voice to tower over everything in the background when I'll be doing Let's Play and etc
Old 08/13/2012, 21:50   #18

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerBoi View Post
I can hear that 'when cheese fails' a little bit. At 40% windows volume I can barely hear him, but I don't want my voice to tower over everything in the background when I'll be doing Let's Play and etc
I can hear him perfectly at 20% windows volume, 100% youtube and my headphones maxed out as well. It has something to do with you then. Maybe you've got a **** soundcard?

Also, that's the point of doing a commentary-type of a review - your voice HAS to be on the top when you speak. Nobody gives a flying **** about Silkroad's sounds, maybe a bit of music is OK with about 20% volume on it, while your voice cover 80% of the volume.
Old 08/13/2012, 21:51   #19

I didn't listen to it with headphones maxed, 40% windows, 40/50% headphones and 100% youtube
Old 08/13/2012, 22:11   #20

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 6,289
I'd ask you to use a clear accent and don't rush the words, I always have some difficulties to follow the flow of a native english speaker XD
Old 08/13/2012, 23:00   #21
Chat Killer In Duty

Received Thanks: 6,470
adding to synx post:
remember not all people on earth know fluent english
try using simple words and understandable phrases
Old 08/13/2012, 23:30   #22

What is the point of doing server-reviews if there are just so many horrible servers.
The idea itself is cool and makes things easier for new people joining.

Look at what people are already doing in their boredom, trying to stay related to silkroad.
It is literally dying...if there wont be a change
Old 08/13/2012, 23:30   #23

It's okay, soon enough he'll get headache's and quit.
It's too hard of a job to continue for a long-term without pay.
Old 08/13/2012, 23:44   #24

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,311
Such points as reviewing guild / fortress wars are lil complicated , cause you would need to play a whole week~ to feel how good the server is at wars =)
Old 08/13/2012, 23:48   #25

He would need to review each server for over a week, before he can make a video about it.
Sometimes servers aren't fun once you start, you meet people guilds, fortress, and enjoy the heart of the game, not just by logging in and seeing a few globals.
You can't judge a book by it's cover, you need to read the whole book [ take a full in-depth look inside the game ] before you can do a full judgement that is correct and valid.
As well as he can use hatred towards server owners, or just exclude particular people who he had a grudge with in the past, and bring it to the presence, and judge their servers badly, just because he doesn't get along well with the present server owner.
It's honestly a nice idea, but it's also a failure idea as well, and most people will figure this out along the journey.

And that's just my opinion, others can have different opinions.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/13/2012, 23:52   #26

elite*gold: 2
Received Thanks: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by 路易·威登 View Post
He would need to review each server for over a week, before he can make a video about it.
Sometimes servers aren't fun once you start, you meet people guilds, fortress, and enjoy the heart of the game, not just by logging in and seeing a few globals.
You can't judge a book by it's cover, you need to read the whole book [ take a full in-depth look inside the game ] before you can do a full judgement that is correct and valid.
As well as he can use hatred towards server owners, or just exclude particular people who he had a grudge with in the past, and bring it to the presence, and judge their servers badly, just because he doesn't get along well with the present server owner.
It's honestly a nice idea, but it's also a failure idea as well, and most people will figure this out along the journey.

And that's just my opinion, others can have different opinions.
Thats exactly what i meant just in more words ,was lazy to type n stuff , however , fully agreed =)
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2012, 00:06   #27

I found this quite interesting. A very original and creative idea

Your english is fluent and good. I didn't experience any problems i understood you clearly
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2012, 00:07   #28

And just a thought, on step 3, #2.
How would you check how fast people reply lol?
You'd have to pm around 100 people, and calculate the time of each response, and find the average, you can't base it on 1 person, because some people just don't respond to people they don't know .
Old 08/14/2012, 00:12   #29

I'll make a change to that later
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2012, 08:41   #30

Received Thanks: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcha44 View Post
What is the point of doing server-reviews if there are just so many horrible servers.
The idea itself is cool and makes things easier for new people joining.

Look at what people are already doing in their boredom, trying to stay related to silkroad.
It is literally dying...if there wont be a change
As I recall he's just going to review recommended servers, at first.

You should also consider reviewing only longer existing ones - minimum 1 or 2 months, or you'll prolly come up with the problem that some servers already closed again when you're publishing their video.

And regarding to the voice, it sounds a bit muffled and low, but I could understand you by increasing the volume properly anyway