Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question about setting up server on Ubuntu

Discussion on Question about setting up server on Ubuntu within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Question about setting up server on Ubuntu

Hey everyone new here and have a question to ask and I think this may be the right place to ask it. I'm interested in setting up a small private server for me and some buddies and I want to use my Ubuntu box. I've been searching around a bit for some guides and haven't had to much luck figuring out anything. I'm not really sure which server files or guides to read since some of them are not set up to be newbie friendly. If anybody could point me in the right directions with some links to some good guides for Ubuntu setup that would be great. Even just some normal setup guides would help.

Thanks in advanced for any help
Old 09/03/2011, 07:30   #2

About ubuntu, well u can install silkroad in it with wine and some help of PlayonLinux, the things u have to do to that client, i also find them possible to be made, u just have to work on the hamachi thinggy.

Once u know how to make the server with idk, sse or what ever u want, it would be just a very nice experiment.
Old 09/03/2011, 07:43   #3

Well I only need the server on Ubuntu I have my laptop to run the client. Unless hamachi is required to run a private server I already have it set up as a TeamSpeak and Minecraft server so adding SRO won't be a network issue.

I just need help getting the server its self set up. The few guides I've read so far aren't super helpful.

Tags
linux, private, server, set up, ubuntu