Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 16:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] How to remove Updates

Discussion on [Guide] How to remove Updates within the SRO Guides & Templates forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 2396
Post [Guide] How to remove Updates

Hello

i never find such a guide on how to remove the visual updates for our servers

so i thought it might be useful for someone here .
easiest way to achieve that is disabling the last updates

Open Your SQL Server then
1- open Your ACCOUNT Database
2- open _ModuleVersionFile table and go delete the unwanted update rows for example from my server : my current version is 1.191 i will downgrade it to 1.188
3- open your _MouleVersion table and remove the lines for updates 191,190,189
4- at _MouleVersion table put nValid=1 for 188 update

follow the images in attachment and you will know how to do it
5-open your media with ipinput and write the new version 188 !!

Restart server and have fun !!
P.s: I might write an query to do it later.
Press Thanks if it Helps .
@ please move the topic to Guides /Releases section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (213.1 KB, 757 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (141.8 KB, 754 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (167.9 KB, 745 views)
Thanks
7 Users
Old 03/14/2018, 10:41   #2

elite*gold: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by msbmohamed View Post
Hello

i never find such a guide on how to remove the visual updates for our servers

so i thought it might be useful for someone here .
easiest way to achieve that is disabling the last updates

Open Your SQL Server then
1- open Your ACCOUNT Database
2- open _ModuleVersionFile table and go delete the unwanted update rows for example from my server : my current version is 1.191 i will downgrade it to 1.188
3- open your _MouleVersion table and remove the lines for updates 191,190,189
4- at _MouleVersion table put nValid=1 for 188 update

follow the images in attachment and you will know how to do it
5-open your media with ipinput and write the new version 188 !!

Restart server and have fun !!
P.s: I might write an query to do it later.
Press Thanks if it Helps .
@ please move the topic to Guides /Releases section.
i did all the steps just like you did, but the client stuck in loading for ever now, so am i messing something ? and btw , is that will effect anything else or just the update number, i mean will i have any bugs later because of that ?
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2018, 11:23   #3

elite*gold: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by alydandy View Post
thanks man, yeah its the first time to see someone talking about this,, but i still have 1 question if i do what u did , to change the version number, is that will effect anything else , or just the number ? i mean is that will bring any bugs later ?
yes , if you have some players who already done the update their client will stuck
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2018, 11:24   #4

elite*gold: 0
Bugs may be: missing update content.
If someone else downloads your client, stock version, they won't have any kind of updates to it, if for example you have added the angel spirit, lots of avatars and whatnot and fetched them with the SMC module to schedule an update, if an old client wants to connect to the server. But deleting those lines mentioned at the first post... Will result into missing info.
They will simply login with missing data.
And people might crash due to this problem.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2018, 11:37   #5

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Arrow SRO PServer - Discussions / Questions -> SRO Guides & Temp…

#moved
Old 03/14/2018, 13:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by $WeGs View Post
yes , if you have some players who already done the update their client will stuck
Right, This type of modifications should be done before you release your server for public, otherwise some players will face bugs in updating there clients.

Quote:
i did all the steps just like you did, but the client stuck in loading for ever now, so am i messing something ? and btw , is that will effect anything else or just the update number, i mean will i have any bugs later because of that ?
It should work if you applied what I mentioned right way, retry doing it again, if you failed I may come doing it for you over TV.
Old 03/14/2018, 15:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by $WeGs View Post
what if i release the new client after i changed the version, is that will be fine and no problems at all ? or bugs still avalible ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
Bugs may be: missing update content.
If someone else downloads your client, stock version, they won't have any kind of updates to it, if for example you have added the angel spirit, lots of avatars and whatnot and fetched them with the SMC module to schedule an update, if an old client wants to connect to the server. But deleting those lines mentioned at the first post... Will result into missing info.
They will simply login with missing data.
And people might crash due to this problem.
i will upload the new client, is that a fix way , or bugs may happens still ? with the new client
Old 03/14/2018, 18:51   #8

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
what if i release the new client after i changed the version, is that will be fine and no problems at all ? or bugs still avalible ?

i will upload the new client, is that a fix way , or bugs may happens still ? with the new client
Lets make it more clear:

Server:Client
- V188 stock:V188 stock
= no crashing.

- V188 stock:V250 with additional content
= no crashing, since it has just bonus content which won't be used ingame.

- V210 with updates:V188 > gets server info, file info > downloads missing uploaded files > gets V210 counter
= no crashing.

- V210 with removed updated files (back to 188):V188
= client will crash due to missing objects ingame. (if people get to close to those who e.g. has an angel spirit which the old client lacks from, it will crash that old client instantly because it cannot render/load that object in sight.)
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2018, 19:15   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blapanda View Post
Lets make it more clear:

Server:Client
- V188 stock:V188 stock
= no crashing.

- V188 stock:V250 with additional content
= no crashing, since it has just bonus content which won't be used ingame.

- V210 with updates:V188 > gets server info, file info > downloads missing uploaded files > gets V210 counter
= no crashing.

- V210 with removed updated files (back to 188):V188
= client will crash due to missing objects ingame. (if people get to close to those who e.g. has an angel spirit which the old client lacks from, it will crash that old client instantly because it cannot render/load that object in sight.)
As blapanda said but my guide for vsro 188 and if you were using it (the guide) for same server files then you won't face such bugs.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/14/2018, 19:25   #10

thanks alot guys you are the best as usally, that's all i wanted to know, thanks again and best wishes guys <3