Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Guides & Templates
You last visited: Today at 16:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] The Fellow-Pet System

Discussion on [Guide] The Fellow-Pet System within the SRO Guides & Templates forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 325
Received Thanks: 8,717
[Guide] The Fellow-Pet System

Since there was no guide for this yet i went on the search and found this one.
It helped me alot.

Background

With the discovery of new areas, traders on the Silkroad entered a Golden Age. However, monsters that are more powerful also meant higher risk.
To manage the risk, the Merchants Association began to sell new products that would ensure the safety from the threat of monsters.
These products were none other than the new pets, the so-called "Fellows". These pets came with special powers through advanced training.
With special abilities that surpass those of the previous pets, Fellows will be powerful and dependable companions on your journey that assist you in many ways including combat.

Features

Fellows assist their master and attack the designated target, or they can be used as mounts that their masters can ride.
They also exercise judgment and use preset skills automatically.
There are Attack, Defensive, and Buff Fellows. You can choose the type that suits your preference.
Also, there are designated Fellow items that enhance their powers or grant special abilities such as SP storage.

Acquiring and Summoning Fellows

Fellows can be acquired in two ways. You can either purchase a Fellow summon scroll at the Item Mall, or you can evolve a pet that you already own. To evolve your pet, speak with a Stable NPC in one of the towns with a Potion of Evolution.
Right-click the summon scroll in your inventory to summon the Fellow.

Dismiss

When you "dismiss" a Fellow, the Fellow that was summoned returns to its item form. To dismiss your Fellow, enter "/dismiss" on the chat window, or click the dismiss icon (shortcut: PgUp). When your Fellow is dismissed, the Fellow that was summoned disappears and return to your inventory in the form of an item. Once dead, Fellows cannot be summoned. They must be revived by the use of the Resurrection Stone before they can be summoned again. If, however, the Fellow is engaged in combat or the player character is dead, the Fellow cannot be dismissed. If Free PvP is enabled (cape equipped), the summoned Fellow is dismissed and cannot be re-summoned until the Free PvP is disabled.

Generate Name

Fellows can also be named according to the preferences of the player. Once the name is entered, it cannot be altered. However, you can use the Naming Scroll to reset your pet's name. (You can purchase the scroll at the Item Mall.)

EXP / Fellow Info

Fellows gain EXP through hunting. This is separate from the player's EXP and does not affect the player's EXP in any way. Although the Fellows' rate of growth is faster than that of their masters, their level cannot be higher than that of their masters.
From level 10 and up, the Fellows' death results in the loss of EXP. However, their level is not reduced.
Fellows possess unique skills according to their type, and they can also be equipped with items.
You can view their items and skills in the Fellow Info window under the "Items" and "Skills" tabs.

Satiety

Satiety is the energy that the Fellow needs for its actions. It is separate from the Fellow's HP. The maximum Satiety is different per Fellow. Its level decreases as time passes and when a skill is used. When the Satiety reaches 0, no EXP is gained, and its level can either enhance or diminish the Fellow's powers. Satiety can be recharged with Feed Sacks.
- When Satiety is 70% or higher, the Fellow is as powerful as a Fellow that is 10 levels higher in its normal state.
- When Satiety is 30% or lower, the Fellow is as powerful as a Fellow that is 10 levels lower in its normal state.

Recovery / Resurrection

A Fellow's HP can be restored with Water of Life. Water of Life can be purchased at item shops, and 'Enhanced Water of Life' can be obtained by hunting monsters.
A dead Fellow can be resurrected with a Stone of Resurrection. The level bracket determines the type of Stone of Resurrection to be used. Stones of Resurrection can be purchased at shops.

Giving Orders

You can issue orders to your Fellow. To give orders, enter the order on the chat window, click the icon, or press the shortcut key.

Pet Evolution

You can obtain a Fellow by evolving your growth pet. To evolve your pet, you require the Potion of Evolution which can be purchased at the Item Mall. Speak with a Stable NPC to begin the evolution process. You can choose one out of the Attack/Defensive/Buff types. During the evolution process, only the level is retained and the EXP is reset.

Skills

Fellows' skills are divided into three categories: unique, readied and item skills. The use of a Fellow's skill is determined by the Fellow's AI, and the player cannot control it. Active skills, however, can be controlled by the player.
All skills have chances of activation and cooldown times. While most skills are used randomly according to the chance of activation, some skills are activated depending on the status of the Fellow or its master.

Unique Skills

Unique skills come with a Fellow upon summoning it. They cannot be used right away but are made available as the Fellow reaches certain levels. Active skills consume Satiety. Unique skills are automatically improved as the Fellow attains new levels.

Readied Skills

A Fellow comes with six skill slots for readied skills. These slots are also made available when the Fellow reaches certain levels. In these slots, you can ready skills gained by hunting monsters or completing quests.
The range of readied skills is determined by the type of the Fellow. Once a skill is readied, it can only be removed with a 'Removal Rondo'. Readied skills are not automatically improved as the Fellow attains new levels, but higher skills must be obtained by hunting monsters and completing quests.

Item Skills

Item skills are automatically assigned to slots depending on the items equipped by a Fellow. These skills are not activated by the Fellow but its master. They do not improve.
There are two types of items that come with skills: amulets and chokers. Amulets come with SP storage and Pick Up Items skills, and chokers allow the Fellow to enter the Berserker mode when its master enters the Berserker mode.

Removing Skills

You can remove readied skills from a Fellow by using the Removal Rondo. To begin the process, speak with a Stable NPC.

Riding a fellow pet

It's Joymax and so it's all about the money.. So guess What? Silk is needed.

After buying a fellow pet (130 silk), you'll need to buy one of these packages:

There are packages available for 7, 30 and 90 days. Once you bought one of those, you'll find 5 new items inside your storage - the one you need to ride your fellow pet is called "Saddle". So simply check your fellow pet's inventory and add your desired items. Once you added the "Saddle" item, the "mount" icon will appear in color autimatically.

Have fun riding your fellow pet.

Credits go to dnz9r™ from SROwned, Silkroad Forum and Joymax for the images/fellow system.
Thanks
15 Users
Old 04/03/2012, 13:51   #2

elite*gold: 0
nice /:
Old 04/04/2012, 13:17   #3

Got through the entire thread surprised it didn't focus around making money... then i read the last paragraph
Old 02/27/2017, 20:18   #4

bottom right which item take? (empty slot in topic image.)
Old 10/27/2018, 14:07   #5

Can i evolve grey wolf ??
Old 07/15/2020, 06:17   #6

elite*gold: 480
Thumbs up i will add it to my server :)

Wooow Amazing Thanks alot brah <3
Old 07/29/2020, 21:32   #7

woow very nice
Old 09/11/2021, 20:48   #8

hey i tried to revive my new pet with token grass of life and it says the item cannot be used on wrong object so how can i revive my pet ?

plz help !!
Old 09/22/2021, 22:14   #9

this made me feel like the game that i am into is a whole different thing... gosh, dat_interface
Old 11/15/2022, 00:24   #10

Amazing info bro, Thx u <3
Old 07/25/2023, 07:28   #11

greattt guide, i was looking for this, i was so lost since i came to sro again this year! ty!!
Old 11/19/2023, 02:22   #12

If this doesn't bring back memories ha! It was a blast when they first introduced this.