Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Coding Corner
You last visited: Today at 06:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to start a bot for sro in c#

Discussion on How to start a bot for sro in c# within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to start a bot for sro in c#

Hey all

i am learning c# and want to make a sro bot but i just dont know how to start and make al the auto update things. xD
if someone can help me pls do it

thx for reading
Old 07/22/2011, 22:11   #2

so you want some one to make a bot for you ?If you don't know how to start than don't start at all
Old 07/22/2011, 22:31   #3

Received Thanks: 1,455
First you must to learn basic things
when you do that you can search for pushedx silkroadsecurityapi made in c#
and it have examples like serverstats and proxy
Getting this and read it ,will make you understand things better
And maybe after sometime start coding your own program
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/22/2011, 22:32   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by half113 View Post
so you want some one to make a bot for you ?If you don't know how to start than don't start at all
why are people always negative....

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrix View Post
Hey all

i am learning c# and want to make a sro bot but i just dont know how to start and make al the auto update things. xD
if someone can help me pls do it

thx for reading
i dont use C# but first i would log all the game with edx packet grabber

sry thats all i can help you with
Old 07/22/2011, 23:36   #5

elite*gold: 41
Received Thanks: 2,700
using System;
might be a good start for fast development.
just kidding. learn some stuff about tcp connection and asynchronous sockets.
#moved
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/22/2011, 23:50   #6

Creating a bot starts with understanding what a bot is and what it requires.

So between the Client and the server are lots of packets send and received. they all contain information about something which needs to be updated or changed in the gameworld. The bot needs be between this stream of packets so you can block certain packets and send your own.

So what you have to do is create a program which accepts a connection from the client and connects to the server. Then you send all the packets from the client to the server and from the server to the client. But at this moment you can't read a lot since the packets from the client to server are encrypted. For this you can use the SilkroadSecurityApi which drew benton made. This handles the server side and client side security. He made a few examples on how to use his api so you might want to check them out.

Once the security is all done you're all set to create the actual bot. First thing you need to do is to read the packets from the server -> client because you need to know what's going on. The format of all the silkroad packets is the following:

Code:
data size[WORD]
Opcode[WORD]
security byte[BYTE]
security byte[BYTE]
packet data[BYTE(4090)]
You use the opcode to determine what packet is being send. For example if the opcode is 0x3013 the data in the packet contains the character information. How the data is packet is still unknown but drew benton also made an awesome tool called edxSilkroadLoader which allows you to log the parsed packets. So basicly you know the format of the packets but you still need to figure out what the values mean. Ofcourse some packets can have different formats but for some packets it just takes a lot of time.

So once you've read all you need to know you can start sending packets to select monsters or walk arround in the gameworld.

That's basicly it you can made it as simple as you want or super advanced.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/23/2011, 00:10   #7

well i wouldn't start with a bot for sro...
Thanks
1 User