Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Projects --

Discussion on New Projects -- within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Just announcing my new projects.

If anyone else here is working on a project post it here so we can anticipate it ^^.

The first is a SRO server emulator written in C++. This will be a complete server, 100% customizeable via ini files and will be complete with software to modify ini files ( so you don't have to modify them manually, risking corruption ), and database viewing/modifying files. I may possibly be able to get a server to host a private SRO server ( epvpSRO ) for everyone here and their friends to play on.

The second is a 2D SRO client written in C++. This will be a 2D client with a simple overview projection of the playing field. It will function completely with the existing iSRO servers and with the emulator above ( however, when I make the private server, I will disable the use of this client on it, it's for us to play on and I'd like to have it fair and sans botters ). The client will come complete with a scripting language and a built-in bot. There will also be an extensive command line for people who don't like clicking and pressing 'a' to choose an action. It would work something to the effect of the following while you're in-game:

/tradebegin <username>

which will effectively begin a trade request with the requested player if he/she is within range.

/tradeput [-m] <slot#[amount of money#]> //put an item/amount of money into the trade agreement
/traderemove [-m] <slot#[amount of money#]> //remove an item/amount of money into the trade agreement
/party <username> //extend a party invitation to a player in range
/party //list options associated with a party ( exp distribute, share, etc.. auto-accept parties, auto-deny, prompt, etc )

This is just to name a very very small number of the commands. Remember you will be able to create scripts and your custom settings will be saved.

The bot included will be completely customizeable and able to perform many functions within the game including hunting, activating and completing/turning in quests, opening a stall ( good for running a non-cpu intensive client as a stall and playing the game on your main ), performing trade runs ( of course it won't be able to defend very well against player thieves.. so yeah ), and many more.

I'm starting these tomorrow ( the server first, client later ), and the source-code will be 100% open-source via sourceforge under a liscense. If you wish to partake in any portion of the design/implementation, please post here and let me know =).
Old 03/07/2006, 20:25   #2

I'd love to help you design the interface, I got some good ideas on how we could lay things out, and some good ideas for keeping the player alive while botting etc, think of the pk probability, a bot that really defends itself nicely, you could do that too and my guess is you will.

As for your server emulator I have a question, are you going to make it for a certian version of the sr client, or are you going to update it once in a while, as major sr updates come along? Either way it rocks though.

I would offer you assistance with gathering resources (mainly packets, I have them all) but from what I gather, you already got all the good stuff anyway.

Keep up the good work jMerlin
Old 03/07/2006, 20:46   #3

The emulator will be open source so any future updates of the sro system will be easily implementable via adding the appropriate packet commands on the emu and code where appropriate. As long as I continue playing SRO I will make these updates myself so that the server will be compatible with whatever version of SRO is running.
Old 03/08/2006, 11:28   #4

Would be cool if you could also create a little "macro" tool, for speech binds or something.. cuz so often i aint got time to write "help" cuz im hammering on my Pot button ^^
Old 03/10/2006, 22:01   #5

- deleted