Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 15:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

GameGami + Joymax contract licence...

Discussion on GameGami + Joymax contract licence... within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 10/21/2020, 19:23   #91

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by michymodrica View Post
they even asked cap 80 but Joymax dont "produce" those files anymore.
You are right.

By the way, I think that Joymax has the source code and every possible file. Why wouldn't they keep them?
Perhaps Joymax will also open some oldschool servers to compete with gamegami?
Old 10/21/2020, 20:10   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgelemental View Post
You are right.

By the way, I think that Joymax has the source code and every possible file. Why wouldn't they keep them?
Perhaps Joymax will also open some oldschool servers to compete with gamegami?
I think they have but they dont care, they have same pattern opening new server cap 90 every 6 months past 3 years, it goes around and around with same thing.

My personal opinion is that there is no need to compete with GameGami, they sold them licence and i bet they are getting % from them.

Joymax will open maybe new dungeon or something like that and we will not hear from them with new things for years.
They dont care if their servers are full with real players or goldbots from companies as far they have silver vip for 30$, that is the main reason why many left isro, the literaly killed their own game with this sh*t. I mean ppl runing 40-50 chars, you have 20 stalls in town from 1 guy or company...it goes on and on...
Old 10/21/2020, 21:23   #93

When is the grand opening the info on their site is rather poor.
Old 10/22/2020, 02:10   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberEagle View Post
When is the grand opening the info on their site is rather poor.
no date given they basically said "very soon"
Old 10/22/2020, 08:47   #95

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
Hello, this is the Silkroad Online.

First of all, we would like to thank all of you for your kind support and interest you have shown.
We are currently preparing for Turkish version. And it causes confusion to you.
But Turkey service is players only in the Turkey region with few changes.
The basic contents are same as GSRO. Also, you can enjoy GSRO even after Turkey service is opened.

It is true that GSRO service left a lot to be desired as we had to prepare the service in other regions.
We guarantee all of you that we will prioritize GSRO above any other versions.

Also, all new contents will be developed for GSRO service and these will be available to GSRO users first.

Please stay tuned for upcoming contents and enjoy GSRO.

Thank you.
Looks like Joymax realized that it was not a good idea to let another company host the official TR version of Silkroad

Who could have expected that a lot of players will switch from iSRO to TR SRO.To everyones surprise (/s) it turns out that 90% of the iSRO playerbase are from Turkey and Joymax might lose a huge amount of botters.

Old 10/22/2020, 11:08   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Looks like Joymax realized that it was not a good idea to let another company host the official TR version of Silkroad

Who could have expected that a lot of players will switch from iSRO to TR SRO.To everyones surprise (/s) it turns out that 90% of the iSRO playerbase are from Turkey and Joymax might lose a huge amount of botters.

Could you please explain what do they mean in their post ?

Is this not the best time to open a truly oldschool, old files, old everything, to compete with the TRSRO?
I am pretty sure if they do they will not remove the pay2win aspects (like TRSRO did)
Old 10/22/2020, 12:35   #97

Quote:

Is this not the best time to open a truly oldschool, old files, old everything, to compete with the TRSRO?
I am pretty sure if they do they will not remove the pay2win aspects (like TRSRO did)
They needed to respond to all crybabies that are spaming their support because they are butthurt for spening tons of $ and they know a lot of ppl will switch to sro tr (im talking about majority of turkish isro community=majority of total isro community).
Those crybabies dont realize that international community is maybe 20% of total isro, all others are turks/egys.
No matter if we got region block for EU, outcome will be the same because we are minority pop for isro.
Old 10/22/2020, 12:49   #98

Quote:
They explain, that people from Turkey will still be able to play iSRO and stuff like that. Joymax claims that some people are confused about what is going
to happen after TR SRO launches.

But if you are reading between the lines you clearly see that they are a bit nervous. As I said earlier: A huge amount of players are from Turkey and other regions TR SRO will focus on. They probably realized that a bit too late.
My guess is that they have seen the huge amount of support TR SRO got from the community.

Which is why they had to put out a statement that iSRO (or GSRO as they call it) will still be their top priority. Which is why future updates etc. will roll out on iSRO first. This way they are trying to convince people that iSRO is still great and should be prioritized by you aswell

They also mention, that TR SRO is only for people from Turkey. Which obviously is not true since Gamegami also allows players from other players to join their server. But Joymax had to say this to avoid losing "international" players aswell.

Another funny line is this:
Quote:
It is true that GSRO service left a lot to be desired as we had to prepare the service in other regions.
They openly claim that they f*cked it up. But of course it is not their fault that iSRO is pretty much dead and has not got a major update in years.
They had so much work to do with forgeign SRO Versions that they did not have any time to care about iSRO

Even funnier:
Quote:
Also, all new contents will be developed for GSRO service and these will be available to GSRO users first.
"New content". LEL. Best joke in years. As if Joymax would ever make another big update for SRO.

To sum it up:
Joymax fears that they will be losing the vast majority of players to TR SRO.
Which why they show themselves humble.

I really hope TR SRO will be a huge success and iSRO will die.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/22/2020, 13:48   #99

Quote:
They explain, that people from Turkey will still be able to play iSRO and stuff like that. Joymax claims that some people are confused about what is going
to happen after TR SRO launches.

But if you are reading between the lines you clearly see that they are a bit nervous. As I said earlier: A huge amount of players are from Turkey and other regions TR SRO will focus on. They probably realized that a bit too late.
My guess is that they have seen the huge amount of support TR SRO got from the community.

Which is why they had to put out a statement that iSRO (or GSRO as they call it) will still be their top priority. Which is why future updates etc. will roll out on iSRO first. This way they are trying to convince people that iSRO is still great and should be prioritized by you aswell

They also mention, that TR SRO is only for people from Turkey. Which obviously is not true since Gamegami also allows players from other players to join their server. But Joymax had to say this to avoid losing "international" players aswell.

Another funny line is this:

They openly claim that they f*cked it up. But of course it is not their fault that iSRO is pretty much dead and has not got a major update in years.
They had so much work to do with forgeign SRO Versions that they did not have any time to care about iSRO

Even funnier:

"New content". LEL. Best joke in years. As if Joymax would ever make another big update for SRO.

To sum it up:
Joymax fears that they will be losing the vast majority of players to TR SRO.
Which why they show themselves humble.

I really hope TR SRO will be a huge success and iSRO will die.
Thank you for your answer. It is always nice reading from you.
I cannot believe they would ever get to this point. LOL.
None is confused, LOL. If you want to play iSro, you see no sign of TRSro getting in your way. That the players are confused is just a facade, a weak one.

They fucked up. But I have read that once TRSro will reach a certain profit % Joymax will start receiving some of TRSro's money.

Greediness (I don't know why it is specific to the koreans) ruined them. I guess hope is not all lost?
Personally, I would play a truly oldschool server, all of the bugs and exploits fixed. A server like in 2008.
In my opinion they should open 4 servers:

-One cap 80, only chinese, truly oldschool mode, old job, old files and no pay2win microtransactions. No scrolls of phy/def increase, no ressurect scrolls, show the players that you care, that you are invested and a good listener. TRSro listens to the community and the community rewards the company.

-One cap 90
-One cap 100
-One cap 110.

Come on, Joymax. There are no future updates to come for iSro.

It is too late to lie to people that TRSro will not accept people outside of turkey, LOL.

If only they would listen to the community.

Remember how many millions of dollars they had made in 2009-2010? Yeah, why not go back to that?
People would buy the pets, clocks, devil clock, reverse and premium. Among many things. Why not go back to that?
And make it as less pay2win as possible. Listen to the community. That is the magic phrase
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/22/2020, 15:01   #100

Quote:
A server like in 2008.
In my opinion they should open 4 servers:
Yea. I am still surprised that they have not released a "classic" server.
People are deamanding such a servers since forever. WoW Classic is a great example that those servers can be a success.

If Joymax really told GameGami that they "do not produce those files anymore"
they must be even more stupid than I though.
Old 10/22/2020, 15:33   #101

Quote:
Yea. I am still surprised that they have not released a "classic" server.
People are deamanding such a servers since forever. WoW Classic is a great example that those servers can be a success.

If Joymax really told GameGami that they "do not produce those files anymore"
they must be even more stupid than I though.
Perhaps:

1.The files are full of bugs and exploits, and they might be afraid somebody would leak them.
2.They keep the files to soon open a "Silkroad Classic" server. (oldschool, old interface, old job system, old everything). So they could compete with GameGami.
3.WeMade said 'no'.
4.Those files are probably way way cheaper.
5.They're afraid that if they would've given the truly oldschool files to GameGami then Joymax would truly die out faster than it is dying now.
6.They're stupid.
7.They don't have the necessary developers to provide GameGami with the truly oldschool files.
8. This : Pay attention to March, this year.

When I see people in TRSro walking around with the newest avatars and a forgotten world pet I get no oldschool feelings.

Not to mention that Silkroad Online was planned out since the beginning to end at 140 level cap so this COULD possibly mean that iSro will close down in a few years.
They keep opening up new servers every year or every 6ish months so unless people wake up and avoid their trap, iSro is at its end.

This is what oldschool looks like to me :
Old 10/22/2020, 16:13   #102

Quote:
1.The files are full of bugs and exploits, and they might be afraid somebody would leak them.
Bugs etc. can be fixed.
Or why not "downgrading" the current files.
Just turn off stuff like Egypt, Arabia etc. and remove
them from the map. Just make sure to keep the good stuff like the auto potion system

There are tons of pServers doing the same.
Should not be be that hard. Or how about downloading some old pServer files

Quote:
2.They keep the files to soon open a "Silkroad Classic" server. (oldschool, old interface, old job system, old everything). So they could compete with GameGami.
Possible. Especially after they refused Gamegami to start with Cap 80.

Quote:
4.Those files are probably way way cheaper.
For sure. But as I said earlier. They could work with the current
files and disable all the other stuff. Sooner or later they have to add a new
cap anyways. These servers can't be cap 80 forever unless they add tons of new content. Which won't happen

Quote:
5.They're afraid that if they would've given the truly oldschool files to GameGami then Joymax would truly die out faster than it is dying now.
Yep. I think so too.

Quote:
6.They're stupid.
That is out of the question.

Quote:
7.They don't have the necessary developers to provide GameGami with the truly oldschool files.

Quote:
8. This : Pay attention to March, this year.

To be fair. Around March Corona hit South Korea really hard.
Which is why I am not surprised that there is a dip.
This could also be a reason why so many people left the company.

In addition to that, do not forget that game developers often work with external partners. Which means that there could be many other people working on the game that are not directly employed bei Joymax.

Quote:
Hahaha 0:40 gives me goose bumps. Remindes me of
the good old days. "For english please pless two"

Reminds me of this gem:

Quote:
Not to mention that Silkroad Online was planned out since the beginning to end at 140 level cap so this COULD possibly mean that iSro will close down in a few years.
Has there ever been an official confirmation that 140 was the targeted max cap? Back in 2008 or 2009 people also talked about Cap 120 or Cap 130 being the final cap. Some others were talking about cap 140, 150 or even 180

Quote:
They keep opening up new servers every year or every 6ish months so unless people wake up and avoid their trap, iSro is at its end.

Well... keep in mind that those servers are published by JCPlanet. Not Joymax. Joymax has not opened a new iSRO in like 9 years (yes, they opened a few SRO-R servers but I do not count them ).
Old 10/22/2020, 16:44   #103

Quote:
Bugs etc. can be fixed.
Or why not "downgrading" the current files.
Just turn off stuff like Egypt, Arabia etc. and remove
them from the map. Just make sure to keep the good stuff like the auto potion system

There are tons of pServers doing the same.
Should not be be that hard. Or how about downloading some old pServer files

Possible. Especially after they refused Gamegami to start with Cap 80.

For sure. But as I said earlier. They could work with the current
files and disable all the other stuff. Sooner or later they have to add a new
cap anyways. These servers can't be cap 80 forever unless they add tons of new content. Which won't happen

Yep. I think so too.

That is out of the question.

To be fair. Around March Corona hit South Korea really hard.
Which is why I am not surprised that there is a dip.
This could also be a reason why so many people left the company.

In addition to that, do not forget that game developers often work with external partners. Which means that there could be many other people working on the game that are not directly employed bei Joymax.

Hahaha 0:40 gives me goose bumps. Remindes me of
the good old days. "For english please pless two"

Reminds me of this gem:

Has there ever been an official confirmation that 140 was the targeted max cap? Back in 2008 or 2009 people also talked about Cap 120 or Cap 130 being the final cap. Some others were talking about cap 140, 150 or even 180

Well... keep in mind that those servers are published by JCPlanet. Not Joymax. Joymax has not opened a new iSRO in like 9 years (yes, they opened a few SRO-R servers but I do not count them ).
True. The bugs can be fixed. But do they even have decent developers anymore to fix the exploits/bugs that have been around for ages? I like to think there are smarter developers in the pSro scene than working with/for Joymax.

True. I had a fair amount of luck by downgrading the vSro files. There is not even a single trace of Alexandria except for the new item mall .
I remember I had so many events in game, some were cyclical, some where weekend-only. 2 so ok events, 1 collect-gems-from-the-monster-and-exchange-it-for-items, really useful items players can really benefit.
You get the idea. Wish they did this, but no, all we had gotten was vigor potions and zerk scrolls.

If I am being realist iSro will never do something like TRSro. And if they do it will suck, let's be real.

They could downgrade it to the smallest detail but Joymax probably said no.

Yeah, judging by the success of 110lv pServers, yeah, GameGami will follow.

Wasn't JCPlanet Joymax under another name to wash away their reputation, hiding under another name?
Old 10/22/2020, 17:27   #104

Quote:
Wasn't JCPlanet Joymax under another name to wash away their reputation, hiding under another name?
Nope. They are a different companies. Both are from SK.
They only work together in terms of iSRO.
But that is pretty much it.

Quote:
Nope. They are a different companies. Both are from SK.
They only work together in terms of iSRO.
But that is pretty much it.

To find out more about JCP:
Old 10/22/2020, 19:52   #105

Official anounce from GameGami, google translated:

"Silkroad Online hello to everybody from Turkey,

We would like to express with happiness that we have come to the end of the game preparations, which we have been preparing in order to offer you a joyful game experience for a long time.

We have successfully completed a highly detailed beta phase with our volunteer participants for a smooth game story, and we would like to thank all our players who participated in this beta process.

The official opening date of the adventurous Silk Road story is set for Friday, November 6, 2020.

The countdown has begun for this story, which will continue with pleasure for a very long time. For you, the time is very short to complete your preparations!

We will be happy to see you among us in this challenging story where we will step into the legendary silk road adventure with 5 Hosts.

See you in the story."

GO 06.11 !!!