Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 08:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I figured out what hooks me up to this game everytime

Discussion on I figured out what hooks me up to this game everytime within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post I figured out what hooks me up to this game everytime

After getting excited for classic WoW, I started to play Silkroad again (on a pserver). I seriously tried to understand what is the thing with Silkroad that hooks you up everytime:
  • Game feels like alive with people running and talking around you.
  • You actually chat and communicate with people, again feels like an MMO.
  • Defeating a monster is rewarding due to its challenging nature.
  • When you drop an item it is usually a sweet loot that makes you instantly stronger.
  • Skill animations are so smooth and unique looking. Art style of weapons and armors are beautiful.
  • People always tend to party and play with each other unlike other MMOs. This is what really makes things fun.

I mean if you want to contribute go ahead. But I am pretty sure Silkroad is really a unique game that has something other MMORPGs can not compensate.
Old 05/14/2019, 10:46   #2

I agree. The main reason I come back to this game is its style. Pure china scent, simplicity, music, everything is so epic. Could be SRO remake instead of SRO mobile...
Old 05/14/2019, 19:57   #3

since 2006 i was playing SRO i was in high school now i'm married and have ababy almost 8 month and still in love with this game more than any other new or old game

truly i'm checking every day for a game like SRO but cann't find it's something that we all grow with.

we can't change that fact.
hope any big company will think of relunch SRO soon.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 05/15/2019, 15:47   #4

Even for the most popular MMOs such as WoW, the game only feels like an "MMO" when you do dungeon or raid. Other than that, it is a single player game. This is same for %99 of all MMOs. But for Silkroad, it is a fully social and fully online experience from very beginning to end. This feels awesome.
Old 05/16/2019, 01:03   #5

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbalancedroad View Post
Game feels like alive with people running and talking around you.
I really do not know which server you are playing on.
Last time I saw something like that was in ~2010.
Even then most PMs you got were "5k plyz" or "plvl pls".
Stuff in all chats were and still are Goldsellers.
Also most players that are running around were and still are bots.

Quote:
You actually chat and communicate with people, again feels like an MMO.
Most people only chat with people if they want to buy something via global.
Otherwise chats are dead most of the time. Just compare the global chat from 2019 vs. ~2009
Most of the time you won't even get an answer.
Either because the other player is afk or because the
other player thinks that he is "better". So he sees no reason in answering (this really is common ).

Quote:
Defeating a monster is rewarding due to its challenging nature.
Challenging? There never was a challenge.
There is no way to doge attacks etc.. All you do is
spamming 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.. If your set does not suck mobs are usually one
hit as well.

Quote:
When you drop an item it is usually a sweet loot that makes you instantly stronger.
At least on iSRO you do not get any usefull items anymore.
From level 1 - 70 you only get Tokens and Stones.
The only thing that is rewarding nowdays is the Daily Quest (if you get a Sun/Legend item). But thats it.

I also can not imagine that this is different on pServers since most pServers have an increased drop rate of items. So even SoSun and stuff like that become kinda standard. So alchemy is even more important nowadays.

Quote:
Skill animations are so smooth and unique looking. Art style of weapons and armors are beautiful.
Indeed. The style of these things are awesome.

Quote:
People always tend to party and play with each other unlike other MMOs. This is what really makes things fun.
Well. Most people all have their own party with their 8 chars.
Also everyone is afk botting in parties. So I do not really know what makes this special. Also you really need a party in order to level up.

Also there are many other MMORPGs were parties/playing together is also really important. Thats really not something thats exclusive to SRO

Modern iSRO does not hook me anymore. This goes for iSRO and for all these stupid
pServers. iSRO is even more pay2win compared to iSRO from ~10 years ago. And pServers are just stupid. Admins are either incompetent, greedy for money, lazy...and the list goes on and on.

What iSRO really made stand out were things like the job system, the setting, the complexity for beginners, the atmosphere and so on.

But Joymax ruined most of these things. The new job system sucks as hell, "new" areas/mobs etc. are copy and pasted most of the time, the game is not as complex as it was. Just take a look at alchemy stones. In the past you had to craft these things. And even then you had stuff like assimilation.

Also the atmosphere is ruined since most towns are empty. Back when SRO was awesome even low levles were able to enter cities like Hotan (which was the "high levler city" back then). With cap 110 Joymax started to lock low levlers out of higher level areas. Also Bagdad is locked behind level 115 or something like that.
Seeing "high level" (as a low bob) players became much harder this way. Ok, in 2019 thats probably uninteresting since there are now low bobs. Or at least no low bobs that are new to this game.
But back when I first played SRO seeing all these high level players were amazing. Also seeing all these nice weapon kept me motivating
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/16/2019, 17:22   #6

The learning curve & the azar like alchemy .. I remember being lv. 52 (max. was like 100-110) helping everybody at ishades with ibot and being a "king" seller of stones at D7, D8 & D9.

All time looking for SoS/Moon at that degrees. Good days even with bot.. I was using two accounts and not everybody was carrying his whole party like this days when just one party it's not enough to balance the PayToWin ..
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/16/2019, 12:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
I really do not know which server you are playing on.
Last time I saw something like that was in ~2010.
Even then most PMs you got were "5k plyz" or "plvl pls".
Stuff in all chats were and still are Goldsellers.
Also most players that are running around were and still are bots.

I am playing in Origin but not too much as I can't find time for games recently. The challenge part comes due to mobs being really strong in Silkroad. I don't remember the last time I died to a world mob in any mmorpg. And the drop items, even from a simpler mob, increases your defensive and offensive powers significantly.

P.servers with no-bot policy are much better. Since people running around you are not bots players will communicate with you, you will form parties and exchange items, just like the old days.

All other private servers with high rates and bots are trash in my opinion. There is no point to waste time in that type of servers. Those servers come and go with no real silkroad or mmorpg feeling.
Old 06/16/2019, 14:19   #8

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
I don't remember the last time I died to a world mob in any mmorpg. And the drop items, even from a simpler mob, increases your defensive and offensive powers significantly.
Only Uniques, Party Mobs and Elite Mobs are strong.
But there are not that common.

Generals, Champions or Giants are not that strong.
At least I never died from these mobs.

Quote:
P.servers with no-bot policy are much better. Since people running around you are not bots players will communicate with you, you will form parties and exchange items, just like the old days.
Even on these typ of Servers people are botting. While it might be true that
there is a higher number of "non-botters". But all these people are still Silkroad players. With most of them interacting is not that easy ^__^

Quote:
All other private servers with high rates and bots are trash in my opinion. There is no point to waste time in that type of servers. Those servers come and go with no real silkroad or mmorpg feeling.
+1
These type of servers really suck. I