Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] shStudio 0.7.5

Discussion on [Release] shStudio 0.7.5 within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 10/29/2015, 16:40   #301

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 3,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelMac View Post
castor i have a problem, when i open Skills all skill that have lvl 0 get name rfu, all buffs noss and other that i use with item take this name, is problem of shstudio or my skill.sdata?
Axel, All,

The rel 0.7.5.5 introduces an invalid process for undefined skills or levels of skills.
The names of such skills were changed to "rfu" (reserved for future use), sadly the detection was invalid and some skills files have been damaged.

The rel 0.7.5.6 fixes this issue and no longer uses the "rfu" name (it never renames skills by itself). A script process was also added to restore names and descriptions. Additional tests done this morning show that not all DBSkillText_xxx.sdata files were supported (they don't all use the same signature); this detection has been change with releasse 0.7.5.7; so please use that last release to repair your file.
how ? take a breath and let me explain the process:

An important point to be taken into account when working with the Character/Skill.sdata file is the processing of auto-parametrized descriptions.
What's that ? Most of skills descriptions contain some figures describing an intensity or delay or distance or whatever, these values change from one level to another, so the descriptions for all levels of a skill are similar for the global sentence but each contains specific (unique) values.

If the "Skill.Desc.ini" file exists (the actual case doesn't matter) in the shStudio folder, and if the parametrized description of the edited skill exists then the descriptions of an edited skill are automatically built by the tool using the templates provided by this file; otherwise, the descriptions of skills are not editable and are not changed by the tool.

So, now if the skill.desc.ini file was present and shStudio 0.7.5.5 corrupted your skills.sdata file; you can restore all skills names and description simply by importing a DBSkillText_???.sdata file; to do so, open your workspace and double-click Skill.sdata in the shortcuts to open it.

From the Tools / Scripts menu, select the "Load names & descriptions" item. A standard load file dialog is displayed, select one of the DBSkillText_???.sdata file from the BinarySData of a AGE distribution; you can choose any language you want, the EU version of the game contains the FRC, GER, ITA, POL and TUR files, the US version (now) contains the USA file.
Validate your choice and let the tool updates your skills, a progress bar is displayed and hidden at end of process. Save your file and reload (Ctrl + dbl-click) to be sure to show the right new information.

If the parametrized description was used, the description are not changed in the skill viewer when the new name & desc are loaded, it is normal, the generic description is an addition field not existing in skill.sdata. Also upon reload these generic description will be used if the skill.desc.ini file is still present; in such case, it will be used to regenerate descriptions each time you edit & save a skill.

Also note that the imported DBSkillText file can contain information for more skills than your own skill.sdata contain, this doesn't matter; but what does matter is the order of these skills; each skill is designed by its index starting to 1 and growing up; any new skill shall be added at end, or at a (actullay) "RFU" location; if this is true, your skills will be renamed as expected. But if for some reasons, you have reorder your skills, removes some, introduces new one in the middle of the others, in one word if the order of your skills is NOT the same order than the one of the used DBSkillText, the operation won't restore the right names for the skills - I repeat: If you had change the skills order, you must NOT use this feature.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 10/29/2015, 20:35   #302

Thanks so much castor, but now i have a problem, if i want export a file with name and descr?? because now my is with rfu, and i have client original, and want export it for import in my client.
and a other request with this you have fix df and melee reflector? because they haven't attribute but have on 1
Old 10/29/2015, 22:53   #303

Thanx so much for this releace Castor but i have noticed 1 thing when editing the Item.sdata it dosent display the icons so you can change them as the drop down box it used to be
Old 10/31/2015, 00:23   #304

Quote:

Thanks so much castor, but now i have a problem, if i want export a file with name and descr?? because now my is with rfu, and i have client original, and want export it for import in my client.
and a other request with this you have fix df and melee reflector? because they haven't attribute but have on 1
No, you miss my point apparently.
You don't need to export name & desc from an original (AGE) prior to use them, you directly import a BinarySData\DBSkillText_???.SData file (the one of the original client) to repair your own skill.sdata.
Possibly you will have to extract the DBSkillText_???.SData file from a .saf file, that is the only prerequesite.

Not sure to understand your expectation regarding DF and melee reflector; shStudio only edits data (including such skills) it doesn't fix or enhance the server (if this may be required), apart that the skill editor doesn't auto-change some values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_ View Post
Thanx so much for this releace Castor but i have noticed 1 thing when editing the Item.sdata it dosent display the icons so you can change them as the drop down box it used to be
Which list(s) or editor(s) are you dealing with ?
The list "Light / Dark Gears" and "Light / Dark Weapons" don't use small icons in first column, while other lists (acc., lapis, etc) do, but that was it was intended (even if it's a puzzling choice); OOH alll individual editors provide a drop-down icon selector.

Edit: looks like some weapons don't display their icons (those with icon index greater than 32), I will double-check that.

Re-Edit: OK, the handling of icons seems correct as long as the provided icon files match the rules used in items.sdata.
what does that mean? some years ago (shaiya 3) all icons were provided by TGA files containing 16 icons (4x4); then icons were provided by DDS files containing 32 icons (4 col x 8 rows), to support more than 32 icons, file named 1xx.dds were introduced, the icons for the basic file were indexed 1 up to 32, the icons defined in the extension file were indexed 101 up to 132 (these indexes are those used in the Item.sdata records).
Files format was again changed to use 4 cols x 16 rows, the files XX.dds and 1XX.dds were merged.

The icon files of your data set shall be compliant with your client game (older games don't support 4x16 files - they load them since no controls are done but icons are extracted as if the whole pict contain 4x8 icons so you obtain a 16x16 image containing 2 icons crushed height).
shStudio is able to manage 4x8 files and in this case manage optional extension files, and it's able to manage 4x16 icons (extension should not be rpesent in this case); of course the generated indexes can be different (indexes 33 up to 64 only exist with 4x16 files, 101+ indexes exist only with extension).
If the icons files are not synchronized with the indexes used in the Items.sdata (because they come from clients of different versions) icons can be not displayed; if this happen, check your data consistency, check the icon indexes ** range with "All Items" tab and use corresponding icons files (of course also make sure your client use 4x8 or 4x16 files) (** goods and quests use icons from 16x16 files, so they use indexes in 1..256 don't mistake these values with the ones used by gears and weapons that are in (1..64) or in (1..32, 101..132).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/31/2015, 02:28   #305

well if i use SH Studio 0.7.5.5 i can see the icon drop down box to chose icons but in the new tool 0.7.5.7 there is no icon drop down box for anything in item.sdata im useing a 6.3 client with ep7/8 content it dosent realy bother me much but i was just letting you know that it wasent working its also like this if i look at the US ep8 client and phenox client
Old 10/31/2015, 08:59   #306

Using 0.7.5.7 I'm not getting the same error as you, Big_. Using EP5.4 and EP4.5 Client workspaces. I don't have a 6.3 Client to test, so I shall download one.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/31/2015, 14:57   #307

i understand how working, thanks so much for ur reply and all ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallerus View Post
Using 0.7.5.7 I'm not getting the same error as you, Big_. Using EP5.4 and EP4.5 Client workspaces. I don't have a 6.3 Client to test, so I shall download one.
we get this error when open a file saf, not a workspaces, me too have this problem when open a archive file, but not get error when open workspaces
Old 10/31/2015, 15:07   #308

Quote:
i understand how working, thanks so much for ur reply and all ^_^

we get this error when open a file saf, not a workspaces, me too have this problem when open a archive file, but not get error when open workspaces
Checked the .saf files for the EP4 & EP5 client workspaces, I too get this issue.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/31/2015, 15:41   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallerus View Post
Checked the .saf files for the EP4 & EP5 client workspaces, I too get this issue.
i have 5.4, in saf i take this error, but if open workspaces i not get this error, it's not a error of ep, but shstudio not read icon in interface/icon, where icon are 1 to 999*** for ep change it
Old 10/31/2015, 17:33   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_ View Post
in the new tool 0.7.5.7 there is no icon drop down box for anything in item.sdata
ok, and the key information was ... when the item.sdata file in opened from an archive (not a workspace); a useless test was forgotten and it prevents the correct processing.

just a remark btw: files can be opened from a workspace, or from an archive or from nothing (no context) when a file is dropped in main window; these 3 methods use 3 specific ways to gain access to additional files required to display the opened one (the item.sdata file don't contain icons (!)), so please don't forget to provide useful (mandatory) information.

the gears and weapons lists now also support small icons in first column.

rel. 0.7.5.8 added to first post.
Thanks
9 Users
Old 10/31/2015, 20:59   #311

Received Thanks: 1,093
Thank you for these updates !

Also will you soon add the support of DualLayerCloth files and .dg files ? (I mean that actually .dg files can not be edited)
Your tool is almost perfect we will soon be able to edit everything in client side
Old 11/01/2015, 00:43   #312

Thanx So Mush Castor with out you shaiya development would not be the same
Old 11/01/2015, 13:05   #313

Received Thanks: 1,093
WARNING: With 0.7.5.8 version shstudio has corrupt some of my Item.SData and the file became empty!

EDIT: I tried to edit my NPCQuest and then I was no longer able to open it!
(Using for both files episode 6 format and "Open Workspace")
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/01/2015, 16:07   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayne01 View Post
WARNING: With 0.7.5.8 version shstudio has corrupt some of my Item.SData and the file became empty!

EDIT: I tried to edit my NPCQuest and then I was no longer able to open it!
(Using for both files episode 6 format and "Open Workspace")
Edit your sdata file(s) with an hexa-editor (such as HxD.exe) and remplace the 40 first bytes which were turned to '00's with "0001CBCEBC5B2784D3FC9A2A9DB84D1C3FEB6E99" (these 40 chars are the 40 chars to store at begining of file, they are not the hexa-print of the first 20 bytes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayne01 View Post
Also will you soon add the support of DualLayerCloth files and .dg files ?
Item/DualLayerCloth.sdata currently contains:
Code:
7 records
1:	33	32	32	32	0	40
2:	34	33	33	33	0	41
3:	35	34	34	34	0	43
4:	36	35	35	35	0	44
5:	37	36	36	36	0	45
6:	38	37	37	37	0	47
7:	39	38	38	38	0	48
which has about no meaning (at least for me) and which is not used by our clients (at least my very old one).
If you have information regarding the meaning of these fields (are they some Type values?) and the purpose of this file, thank to let us (me) know.

Editing .dg files is a huge task; dispalying used textures and possibly change them is not that hard, but it has (quite) no interest.
Valuable features will be to be able to move inside the dungeon (more or less as it is possible right now with the "1st person" view but with walls detection and to manage (to add, move and remove) all shapes and NPC present in the dungeon (using the info from the .svmap file referencing that dungeon); editing the 3D shape of the dungeon itself (and thus the 3D structs of the .dg file) will definitively left to modelers (Unity3D or similar.
These options should be the minimum to actually edit /game areas/ but it's a several months development task, I can't manage it right now.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/01/2015, 18:36   #315

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
Item/DualLayerCloth.sdata currently contains.
Code:
7 records
which has about no meaning (at least for me) and which is not used by our clients (at least my very old one).
If you have information regarding the meaning of these fields (are they some Type values?) and the purpose of this file, thank to let us (me) know.
DualLayerCloth.sdata is used for costumes.

Code:
RowID  Armor  Pants   Gaunts  Boots    Unk    Helmet
RowID is CostumeID for costumes (Item Type 150+), the 6th column is probably weapon but i didn't test ingame that is why i keep it as unknown. I hope this helps.
Thanks
2 Users