Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] shStudio 0.7.5

Discussion on [Release] shStudio 0.7.5 within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 07/09/2015, 04:51   #271

elite*gold: 0
Found similar problem here. Trying to edit NpcSkills, result in some fields with empty or wrong values. I'm using (clean) SDatas from OS 5.4 USA Client, in SStudio (7.5.5) format is set to EP5.

Fields which I found with 'changed' values (not the values I put there before pressing the OK button), in NPCSkills.SData :

Target(s) [this one doesn't save my changes]

Apply Range
Keep Time (this one always reset to zero, and its previous value goes to Apply Range)

The other fields seem to save the correct value.

When editing Skills.SData:
Family: (non editable)
Description: (non editable) (and when saving, previous description resets to empty string)
Old 07/09/2015, 10:57   #272

Quote:
Description: (non editable) (and when saving, previous description resets to empty string)
the descriptions for the skills are located in the skills.desc.ini file in the folder where the sh studios file is and they are listed by number and once the description is added to the ini file it will no longer clear when saving it it only clears when there is no data found in the ini for that skill
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/10/2015, 05:56   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by sominus View Post
Fields which I found with 'changed' values (not the values I put there before pressing the OK button), in NPCSkills.SData :

Target(s) [this one doesn't save my changes]

Apply Range
Keep Time (this one always reset to zero, and its previous value goes to Apply Range)

The other fields seem to save the correct value.

Same thing occurs to me when I tried editing the NpcSkill.Sdata though I did get around it.

I re-named the NpcSkill.sdata to Skill.sdata.
Opened it in Shstudio 0.7.5.5 added a clean field (add skill name and type of skill, saved it.)
I re-named the Skill.sdata back to NpcSkill.sdata.
Open NpcSkill.sdata and add element, and other details.
Re-name the file back to Skill.sdata (Will require to open another window of shstudio 0.7.5.5, if you've been opening these files through workspace)
Then make your final definitions of the skill.
Once finished, you can edit the description of the skill through the old shstudio (0.7.1 or so). Then re-name it back to NpcSkill.sdata and you should be finished. (You can double check by opening it in the new shstudio, just don't save anything or it'll make unwanted changes).
Old 07/12/2015, 01:54   #274

Can you confirm that Apply Range and Keep Time are NOT 'inverted'?
Old 07/12/2015, 08:07   #275

From what I experience in the raw skills of the NpcSkill.sdata being saved through the newest version of shstudio, it is shown that the Apply Range and Keep Time values are indeed inverted upon saving a specified skill. However as I said earlier, I have found a loop-hole so to speak, that allows me to acquire all the definitions I need by renaming the file to Skill.sdata and then opening it through shstudio (which opens a different window than NpcSkill.sdata). Using these definitions given through the Skill window, you are able to
1. Create a monster skill
2. Choose the skill type, fill in definitions of the skill and other things that you want the skill to do.

After editing, open the Skill.sdata with an older version of shstudio (0.7.1) in order to edit the description of the skill.
Then finish up by re-naming the Skill.sdata back into it's original name, NpcSkill.sdata.

To double-check if everything is okay, you can open the NpcSkill.sdata with the newer version of shstudio, go to Raw skills, and it'll show you the values in each column, as you find the skill you edited, it should give you the corresponding values that you had put in the file when it was named Skill.sdata.
Note* If you saved the skill in NpcSkill.sdata in the new shstudio, your Apply Range and Keep Time values will invert once again. So be sure not to press "Okay" when you view the skill.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/16/2015, 19:21   #276

New Vs Old

Love the new tool but miss some of the old features.
like being able to fast edit some of the sdata files. now instead of going down a column I have to open a box to every item when all I really want to do is hit the enter key and work my way down the column
I'll show you what I mean

in this pic I have to open the item to edit the edur

in this pic I can fast edit the Endur of this item and the next but clicking the enter key

is there anyway to make the new tool have some (but not all) the features of the old tool? if not I can still use the old one as I love how I can quickly edit a lot of items.
Old 07/18/2015, 06:04   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Alcatraz] View Post
the descriptions for the skills are located in the skills.desc.ini file in the folder where the sh studios file is and they are listed by number and once the description is added to the ini file it will no longer clear when saving it it only clears when there is no data found in the ini for that skill
The skill descriptions will clear if the Toon Skill or Noos Skill levels are 0, which by default alot of them are. Using python and converting the .sdata to a CSV and changing all the levels to a 1 or higher solved the descriptions being cleared when i opened them with SH and then saved them.

I digress is a pain in the ***, and would be nice if it was fixed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/18/2015, 08:34   #278

but youll need the python skill script that works with 9 skills if your using ep5 skills if you use the ep4.5 skill python script it wont work with ep5 it will only do the first 3 skills when rebuilding the csv files back into sdata files
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/26/2015, 02:04   #279

There is always that... Yeah forgot about the python CSV only going to 3 skill levels. So the solution to set all the skills to atleast level one will only work for 4.5 servers.
Old 07/26/2015, 08:26   #280

python skills script

to make the python skills script work you have to edit this file Skill.py that's in your src folder in the python locations it should look something like this in notepad ++

and all you want to do is change the two 3s to 9s and it will look like this
then save your work and you done it should now work correctly if im not mistaken its been a bit sense I edited mine but that think that's the only step

note: you only want to do this if your using the skills +3 fix from lph release
Thanks
3 Users
Old 07/27/2015, 03:44   #281

Your inner geek is showing Alca...
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/27/2015, 11:17   #282

Quote:
to make the python skills script work you have to edit this file Skill.py that's in your src folder in the python locations it should look something like this in notepad ++

and all you want to do is change the 3s to 9s and it will look like this
then save your work and you done it should now work correctly if im not mistaken its been a bit sense I edited mine but that think that's the only step

note: you only want to do this if your using the skills +3 fix from lph release

Doesn't work for me. I get this error
Code:
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src\SData.py", line 25, in <module>
    from Skill import *
  File "C:\00\shaiya\Tools\shay_data_edit_0-1c\src\Skill.py", line 120
    if (outFmt.export_complete):
     ^
IndentationError: expected an indented block
Old 07/28/2015, 21:40   #283

is the link to the one im using.

try that one and let me know if its working for you or not it should be working because im about to do skill for ep5 with skills up to 9 levels.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/28/2015, 22:42   #284

Quote:
is the link to the one im using.

try that one and let me know if its working for you or not it should be working because im about to do skill for ep5 with skills up to 9 levels.

Yessss. It works. Thank you very much
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/01/2015, 19:25   #285

For what type of db is this made?

I use the EP5 DB but i can't seem to get it to work propertly (v0.7.5.5).

I have connected all server + database.

It doesn't want to update my Item.SData it shows me that saves but i make the patch and everything stays the same.

Monster.SData the same issue but while i try to run the SQL file generated from sdata
Code:
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.
It looks like i require more columns in my database..
Did anybody else has similar issues in ep5 db?

Thanks,
Dani