Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] shStudio 0.7.5

Discussion on [Release] shStudio 0.7.5 within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 08/01/2016, 02:29   #406

elite*gold: 0
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
it should be possible.
w/o further investigation:
- different formats will result in changing the format (4, 9 or 15 levels) of the skill.sdata file.
- skill names will be updated with DB ones (since the file is assumed out of date of corrupted), names & desc can - if needed - be replaced with texts read from a specific language file (BinarySData/DBSkillText_???.SData).

No need to generate the monster/NpcSkill.sdata file ?
I assume your request is motivated by a preference to edit skills in MS-SQLSMS rather than with shStudio, but it is likely not a PvP only concern...
If you release a new version for Shstudio . Please help some Country
support with Utf-8 charset !
Old 08/01/2016, 02:51   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
I assume your request is motivated by a preference to edit skills in MS-SQLSMS rather than with shStudio, but it is likely not a PvP only concern...
I think he means, to create a custom skills.sdata from a current dbo.skills
Let's say, you have a DB with already custom skills, and you want to create a custom skills.dbo from it, because your current sdata has diferent values in some skills.
And it's a good behavior to keep consistent the values between sdata and DB.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/01/2016, 13:05   #408

elite*gold: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by sominus View Post
I think he means, to create a custom skills.sdata from a current dbo.skills
Let's say, you have a DB with already custom skills, and you want to create a custom skills.dbo from it, because your current sdata has diferent values in some skills.
And it's a good behavior to keep consistent the values between sdata and DB.
Exactly and this is usefull for mass update some column like Skilllevel or NeedWeapon you can use one sql command for this.
Old 08/01/2016, 18:25   #409

Received Thanks: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodanh_style View Post
If you release a new version for Shstudio . Please help some Country support with Utf-8 charset !
I received a few PM related to language issues; none strictly related to invalid process within shStudio but (more likely) related to specific fonts issues, invalid code page selection (eg current shStudio lists the CP 866 which is an old DOS code, Windows appl shall use CP 1251 for cyrillic), or misunderstanding of how all this stuff is handled.

In short:
* UTF-8 is a (kind of) manner to encode Unicode characters with a variable-length system; one character uses 1 up to 5 bytes to define the glyph that represent that character in the national charset; this system is NOT used by Shaiya, all characters in sdata, ..., are encoded with *1* byte and thus are NOT unicode nor UTF-8 or UTF-16 sequences; they are single byte mapped on a specific code page that shall be selected to obtain the expected display.

* International (not ASCII) characters are rendered with current shStudio in RichEdit controls initialized with designated code-page; these controls are filled-in with 8-bit characters directly read from shaiya files; the richedit control then translates those "mylti-bytes" sequences to wide-char sequence (all Windows controls internally manage Unicode data since (long) years).
This is convenient for display and edition limited to shStudio scope; but if you manage some strings with (quite) any text editor & paste the strings within a richedit control in shStudio, the unicode to specific CP translation is not applied at that moment nor data are validated to be translatable to the given CP (such a test obviously cannot exist); one can so experience issues if external editor is used.
I can switch all characters handling to Unicode (it will make my life easier, currently all ListView are owner drawn to manage the correct CP selection); but if I do so, shStudio will no longer display what a shaiya client will display (assuming CP is the right one) but Unicode strings that won't exist in sdata (the .sdata files will contain multi-byte seq. converted from Unicode). It is so an option but not the perfect solution.
Old 08/03/2016, 09:59   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallerus View Post
I'm back with the reason for the "The application failed to update the monster in the database." error. This is caused by the Money1 and Money2 columns, or in the ShStudio window "Gold" and "up to" values.

Anything above 32767 (max value for smallint) will cause this error. You can enter a maximum value of 65534 and the Monster.sql script will update this for you, although it seems like ShStudio will not update it directly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzimba View Post
I've got 0 in both Money1 & Money2, still fails to update it.
EDIT: Just tested changing other values such as SP and MP to go over the smallint value - gives the error as well. So seems to be not only the Money1 and 2, but others as well.
Correct.
The fields: Exp, Money1, Money2, SP, MP, Dex, Wis, Luc, Def ([Defense]) & Res ([Magic]) as well as Attack ([AttackN])& Plus ([AttackplusN]) fields of the Attack blocks are all handled in code as uint16 value. The dbo.Monster table defines these fields as signed int16 values; the update statement that contained unsigned values was rejected if one (or more) value is 32767+
The code is fixed in 0.7.6.0+ to transmit signed int16 in SQL requests.

* (re)definition of Toon Skills (characters/skill.sdata) from PS_GameDefs.dbo.skills table
* (re)definition of Monsters Skills (Monster/NpcSkill.sdata) from PS_GameDefs.dbo.skills table
added to 0.7.6.0
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/03/2016, 11:46   #411

and if you can, add item.sdata where you can edit what ever you want under all items.

old shtool you could change manualy reqVG,reqlg and stuff like that. this way of editing would help alt for stuff like editing pet's and costumes , but the manual editing are removed in 7.5+++
Old 08/03/2016, 19:21   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCronus View Post
old shtool you could change manualy reqVG,reqlg and stuff like that. this way of editing would help alt for stuff like editing pet's and costumes , but the manual editing are removed in 7.5+++
oh oh yes pets, costumes, ...

at the beginning of the year I was working on the 0.7.6.0 version, and all the discussions I have had dealt with «how to add wings» ...
I always thought that Shaiya wasn't Aion and these wings were just useless; of course everyone to make his own opinion but the impact on shStudio was quite important to completely manage these items; firstly because they are defined by the DBxxx.sdata files while most of our clients are based on 5.x file format (at least I suppose); so for a few of clients (based on 6.x formats), shStudio needed to be able to read *and* save the BDxxx.sdata files.
Their reading is yet managed, the saving raises several issues and I gave up due to lack of time. I won't restart the same losing path.

The pre-0.7.6 versions opens DBxxx.sdata files with a generic (templated) wrapper offering DB-like view:

This has been changed to dynamically convert BD format to standard (former) format:
Making the dedicated editors available:

Thank to these dialogs you will edit «all» fields (meaning the very small number) of these items.

The opening and handling of these DBxxx.sdata is so available; but they cannot be saved in the DB format; you can still copy an item from a DBxx.sdata file (eg DBItemData.sdata) and paste it into a regular file (eg Item.sdata).

that being said, let's go back to your point; the direct edition within list has been restored, so your request is yet satisfied.
Thanks
17 Users
Old 08/03/2016, 19:34   #413

yea the last there is what i'm after. i hade/have problems adding stats, setting orange and stuff like that so just the last one would help alot. and i don't have to edit it in hex. so thanks
Old 08/13/2016, 02:47   #414

Could you include in the new Release an Shortcut fpr Create New Item (e.g. (SHIFT+X) Or any other Shortcut) for the Item S-Data like Erase Item (Shift+DEL)
Old 08/17/2016, 00:49   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiades View Post
Could you include in the new Release an Shortcut fpr Create New Item (e.g. (SHIFT+X) Or any other Shortcut) for the Item S-Data like Erase Item (Shift+DEL)
well the "Ins" key is already supposed to insert an item.
for which editors (files) your request would apply ?
Old 08/17/2016, 17:23   #416

Glad to see that you're still active Castor, here are a few issues I've noted from using the tool:
  • Using Ctrl+F function on the NpcQuest.SData will cause ShStudio to crash
  • TacticsZone.zon is saved incorrectly by your tool (mentioned to you in pm previously)
  • ResistState.Sleep is bugged - if you select a Monster, you'll see it is resistant to sleep, press ok and open it again and it will no longer be resistant, open it again and it'll be resistant again.
Old 08/17/2016, 22:30   #417

Quote:
Glad to see that you're still active Castor, here are a few issues I've noted from using the tool:
  • Using Ctrl+F function on the NpcQuest.SData will cause ShStudio to crash
Never had that issue.
Old 08/17/2016, 22:43   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Slice View Post
Never had that issue.
What version do you use? I'm currently using 0.7.5.5. I only ever have this issue with NpcQuest.SData

Actually just retested it - ShStudio doesn't crash, but it does become unresponsive unless I force the NpcQuest.SData window to close through the taskbar.
Old 08/17/2016, 22:47   #419

Quote:
What version do you use? I'm currently using 0.7.5.5. I only ever have this issue with NpcQuest.SData

Actually just retested it - ShStudio doesn't crash, but it does become unresponsive unless I force the NpcQuest.SData window to close through the taskbar.
You're right, with 7.5.5 that error occurs. i am using 7.5.7 without an issue
Old 08/17/2016, 22:52   #420

Glad to see it seems not occurring in the later version, hopefully it'll stay that way :P