Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 03:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] EP5 Skills Work around, How to enable Higher level skill.

Discussion on [Release] EP5 Skills Work around, How to enable Higher level skill. within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release] EP5 Skills Work around, How to enable Higher level skill.

# REMOVED

I left elitepvpers.
Thanks
14 Users
Old 01/07/2011, 23:56   #2

Received Thanks: 1,777
# added to my guide
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/08/2011, 01:13   #3

Author on these server files editing is me bane, other than that credits goes to Shinru for uberly well translated EP 5.2 gamedefs table.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/10/2011, 12:28   #4

url died : (
Old 01/10/2011, 12:31   #5

I tried and can still download from that link. i'll reupload more links later today.
Old 01/10/2011, 14:33   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catafalque View Post
url died : (
upps sorry url working. But can you reupload another website?
Old 01/11/2011, 01:26   #7

Received Thanks: 1,777
that site made me mad...so here is a direct upload.

-Bane
Attached Files
File Type: rar GameDefs_EP5_Skill_Work Around.rar (767.2 KB, 1260 views)
Thanks
8 Users
Old 01/11/2011, 17:14   #8

can someone share brain.exe for me?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/11/2011, 18:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by matran View Post
can someone share brain.exe for me?
...unless that is your way of asking for help...I think you just shared enough brain.exe for all of us with that request =p

Lil' tip, when people make reference to brain.exe, it's nothing more than a way to say "Use common sense and effort".

If you knew this and was just asking for help, my apologies for the assumption.

-Syn
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/12/2011, 09:01   #10

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,003
It actually took me hours to discover that brain.exe isn't actually a program, that he meant you need a brain, so you can't be scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, however you can't be simpleminded either and yes it reallly took me a bit to figure out if brain.exe was an actual program or if he meant your brain, which made me feel kinda fail, but yeah, basically brain.exe isn't actually a program, however you DO need to know how to think.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 01/12/2011, 12:55   #11

It woudlnt be fun if it was too easy to figure out hehe.
Old 01/16/2011, 19:23   #12

Anyone else having issues getting this to play nice?

I know its vague. Im on my cell phone for this post. I'll post more details when I get home.

Basically, once I click the server selection on my test server, I d/c. I am thinking it is merely a matter of having a jacked up .sdata after modifications. Assuming I missed a few edits somewhere.

Anyway, I dont have access to my server logs atm. I was merely curious if anyone else was having issues.

Well that and doing csv imports absolutely hate me, but there are many ways around that.

EDIT:

Okay, now that I have a bit more time...

My first attempt consisted of exporting the skill table form the database listed here to an excel file, truncating the current skill table on my test server, and importing the excel file into the formers place.

Next was to edit the sdata to match. Well, there are over 3000 rows of input in this file, so the first attempt at the the edit was merely to see how well it worked. In this case, honestly, I simply extracted the skill.sdata from rebirth's client and used it to test it out.

After the server selection, I got the sgraphic crash.

My assumption was that the current sdata for Rebirth's client was updated to work with a skill table more updated than what was released.

So, obviously, the next step was editing a copy of my own to match. At first I had assumed that I missed and edit or two somewhere, because I received the very same sgraphics crash when using a modified version of my own files.

Out of curiosity, I extracted the current skill.sdata from OS and tried to fire the game up with no edits to it, and the skill table released within this database.

Strangely, it worked without issue.

This is where my real confusion started, because if the untouched skill.sdata from the current OS client did not cause a crash when paired with this database, why would either Rebirth's or Purity's current sdata cause a conflict?

After all, the current OS sdata differs from the database just as much as mine would.

So, now I am lost. I am in the process of manually editing each entry within my sdata to match that of the database. However, as I said, there are over 3K entries in this file.

Anyone have any ideas that make help speed up the process? Or even a file already mended for this that I could use to test out the manner of this skill setup?

The most puzzling part of this is that the logs are not showing a recorded error of any kind.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-syn
Old 01/17/2011, 19:00   #13

Any idea?

Sry for the double post. Just bumping due to the edit with more information as to what is going on.
Old 01/17/2011, 21:21   #14

This is confusing indeed, if you're using the sama Sdata as i do you should have no problem.

Only thing i could think about is a matter of encryption but still it does not explain why OS would work while my own sdata doesnt on your tests.

Im using the exact same skill table as the one i sent here and as you can see it's running fine on my server. Im really clueless.
Old 01/18/2011, 08:36   #15

Ty for the reply. I will tinker with it for a bit and see what I can come up with. If I manage to resolve the matter, I will post details in case anyone else has an issue as such.
Closed Thread