Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

HOW TO: Shaiya Server - 2018

Discussion on HOW TO: Shaiya Server - 2018 within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 12/20/2019, 07:17   #16

elite*gold: 0
I have that Issue all Services start except for Game. Im not expecting
that it is a DB Error, im
getting some type of this error:

ps_game.exe: <unknown symbol>
Old 08/05/2020, 03:37   #17

Database

Where can I find the Ep database?
Old 12/11/2020, 16:19   #18

controle servie

i fallowed the stops but when it come to control service start all session and userLog start up then 2 seconds later back to pause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ADM]Haydees View Post
OK so I see a lot of asks on here for a new guide to install a Shaiya Server.
Really there is no difference in how to do it. Its been virtually the same all these years. However, it is a good idea to have something fairly new, in a way so... here you go

[EDIT]: I used EP4 Database and files for this tutorial.

First you need to install SQL obviously. 2008 is the preferred choice. but you can use a newer version. There are a few key steps to installing SQL, so read carefully.

Security Tip : TURN OFF FIREWALL

1. Run SQL Setup and choose New Installation. Follow the step until you get to Feature Selection. Make sure to Select all, then hit Next.

2. Keep going until you see Instance Configuration. You NEED to select Default Instance so the Instance ID reads MSSQLSERVER

3. Continue on to Database Engine Configuration. Click on Mixed Mode Authentication, and enter a password to use for your Shaiya Server. (REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD)

4. Next step is Reporting Services Configuration. If you don't have this option, that is fine, just go to the next step.
For this one I clicked Install but not Configure. I don't really think it matters anyway.

5. Let the Installation complete. Once its finished, open SQL Configuration Manager. Expand the columns and click each one to view. The ones that are disabled, need to be enabled... All of them.

6. Once all are enabled, go back to Protocols for MSSQLSERVER, right click TCP/IP and go to properties.
Click the IP Addresses tab, scroll down until you find the local IP (127.0.0.1) and enable it. The Port should be 1433.

WARNING: DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE IN HERE OR YOU WILL INSTANTLY SCREW UP YOUR SERVER
Click OK.

7. Go to the top and click SQL Server Services. Now right click SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) and restart.

Wait for the service to Stop.
Wait for the service to Start.
Close SQL Configuration Manager.

8. Create a shortcut to SQL Server Management Studio on the Desktop, it will help, trust me. Then right click it and go to the Compatibility tab. Tick the box which reads Run as administrator. Click OK

NEXT STEP : Database Setup

Now the easiest part - we will get the Database attached and setup.

1. Open SQL Server Management Studio. Login with Windows Authentication.

2. On the left pane, Right click on Databases, then click Attach.

3. Click Add.

4. Go to the Database Folder Location, and select all the databases you need. You will need to open them 1 at a time.

5. Once you have them all in the list, Click OK to start the attach process.

6. Now your Database is attached.

If your Database won't attach and you get an error, go back to the top of this tut and read carefully. You should have no issues what-so-ever if you follow this tut step by step.
[EDIT]: You might need to attach Billing to SQL. I don't use Billing with my DB at all.

NEXT STEP : Server Setup

To setup the Server we need to do a few things.

1. Lets go to the C Drive. You should have the server files already, if not, use the search. The main folder is called ShaiyaServer (no spaces)
Inside here are 2 more Folders we need to focus on. PSM_Client and PSM_Server.

2. Lets go to PSM_Server. in here you have a file called ps_passwordEnc
Open it.

3. Enter your SQL Password we created earlier in the top box. Then highlight (select) all the long text in the bottom box. Copy it, we need this.

4. Back to the ShaiyaServer Folder, lets go ahead and open PSM_Client.
Then open Bin, Open Config. In here you should have 6 INI files. If you have a 7th one, its gamewar and you most likely wont need it.

5. Open each one and make your changes. The long text we copied, needs to replace the ones currently in the INIs.

You may change the GameName= in ps_game and ps_session INIs to your Server Name.
For ps_game, If you are running this server local, the GamePublicIP= needs to stay 127.0.0.1. If you are running this as a public Server, put YOUR IP ADDRESS.

6. Once you edit all 6 INIs, saving each one upon close, we will head back to PSM_Client. In here you will see PSM_AgentInstall. Run it.

7. Click OK.

Now Click Apply Windows Registry, then Click OK. Don't restart the machine.

8. Go back to PSM_Server and locate PSMServer_AgentInstall and run it.

Same as before, Click OK.

9. To launch the Server Manager, open PSMServer_Mgr from PSM_Server folder.

NEXT STEP : Server Manager Setup

If you have followed the first 3 steps correctly, when you open Server Manager, you should see Green X's

To turn on the server all you need to do it the following:
1. Click Server Setup menu up the top, and click Service Install All.

Click Yes.

The services will turn to Green Pause icons.

2. Next we click Control Service menu and then click Start All Server Service.

Yes again.

And your Server should now have green arrows, meaning your server is up and running.

Hit the Thank you Button if this was helpful to you.
If you do have any issues along the way, its most likely because you have missed something. Read the tut again and see what you forgot. If you still have issues, reply here and I will help out when I can

Thank you for reading. Happy Developing
Old 02/01/2021, 21:21   #19

Thanks..
Old 04/04/2021, 08:48   #20

hi.

hi bro. do you have shaiya server ? pm/ viber
Old 07/10/2021, 03:04   #21

Bro add me on Facebook "Christian Dave Choco" we are looking for a developer
Old 09/14/2022, 01:15   #22

is it the express version? i'm looking up all the 2008 r2, but all i get is the express version.
Old 02/21/2023, 15:58   #23

Yeah express is what I'm finding too. Express has limitations like 10gb, etc. and I'm not sure if that has any effect on the game.