Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Searching for a DEV!

Discussion on Searching for a DEV! within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Searching for a DEV!

Hello everyone!
As you see I'm looking for a DEV. I have been playing shaiya for a while now and I think it's time for me to make my own. I know it sounds stupid when a random guy comes and asks for a DEV but I got some ideas in my head. I wish I could make the server on my own but I can't. I'm not good enough. And that is why I need a good DEV. I don't really know if I can find any "loyal" DEV but I will take the chance. I heard many people complaining about getting scammed by developers but I believe that there is someone out there that is not an *******.
What I expect from the DEV (If I ever find one).

- MUST speak decent english (My english is not perfect so just deal with it)
- MUST know what he/she is doing
- MUST be active, work hard (I want a DEV that gets ***** done very quickly)
- MUST be interested in Ep 4.5
- And most important of all: DOING IT FOR THE FUN NOT FOR THE MONEY!

Please note that I will pay for the server/host/everything that got to do with the server.
Contact me on skype if you are interested: lorddracula94
Also if you know someone please let me know by sending me a message on skype or leaving me a private message here.

Autrux please move this to the right place because i'm pretty sure I have posted this on the wrong place thanks.
Old 10/27/2014, 11:15   #2

elite*gold: 50
Received Thanks: 1,262

Use this thread.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/27/2014, 18:13   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ADM]Dracula View Post
Hello everyone!
As you see I'm looking for a DEV. I have been playing shaiya for a while now and I think it's time for me to make my own. I know it sounds stupid when a random guy comes and asks for a DEV but I got some ideas in my head. I wish I could make the server on my own but I can't. I'm not good enough. And that is why I need a good DEV. I don't really know if I can find any "loyal" DEV but I will take the chance. I heard many people complaining about getting scammed by developers but I believe that there is someone out there that is not an asshole.
What I expect from the DEV (If I ever find one).

- MUST speak decent english (My english is not perfect so just deal with it)
- MUST know what he/she is doing
- MUST be active, work hard (I want a DEV that gets shits done very quickly)
- MUST be interested in Ep 4.5
- And most important of all: DOING IT FOR THE FUN NOT FOR THE MONEY!

Please note that I will pay for the server/host/everything that got to do with the server.
Contact me on skype if you are interested: lorddracula94
Also if you know someone please let me know by sending me a message on skype or leaving me a private message here.

Autrux please move this to the right place because i'm pretty sure I have posted this on the wrong place thanks.

Good Day Dracula,

how you can make your own if you asking other developer to make it the game? and also i will advice to you, you can make this shaiya online cos some file that already running is already post here, study it learn some little SQL and you can run this.

Learning is a Good way.

GOOD LUCK AND MORE POWER TO YOU!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/27/2014, 21:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjulie View Post
Good Day Dracula,

how you can make your own if you asking other developer to make it the game? and also i will advice to you, you can make this shaiya online cos some file that already running is already post here, study it learn some little SQL and you can run this.

Learning is a Good way.

GOOD LUCK AND MORE POWER TO YOU!
"I wish I could make the server on my own but I can't. I'm not good enough. And that is why I need a good DEV."

I hope this answers your question.
Old 10/27/2014, 21:59   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ADM]Dracula View Post
"I wish I could make the server on my own but I can't. I'm not good enough. And that is why I need a good DEV."

I hope this answers your question.

ok good luck to you
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/02/2014, 12:15   #6

i'm sorry but i have too just comment here.

i normaly don't do this but i just feel i have too.

Becouse:

well here you ask for help becouse as you said your self you can't.

ok you will pay for server and so on. great. but why would a dev that your quote
Quote:
MUST be active, work hard (I want a DEV that gets ***** done very quickly)
and that guy/girl will get nothing of the profit, not saying dev should get 100% or anything but if he/she does all the work. why should he/she don't get anything if he/she make the **** happend?

a gm yes they are there to play the game and get the free stuff becouse they do the work with tickets and so on BUT here your asking for a dev.

if a dev is good and know what he's doing, don't you think he could make he's own? or atm is working in 1?

i just don't get it. a DEV (if it's not he's own server 100%)works for the money.

if you have a good dev he can make money. if you have a bad you don't make money, that's the stuff he can do.

you can have ideas but still he have to do it or your still just that idea guy and nothing more.

Just something to think about. Becouse this seems to me flat out i want the money. you work for me and i get the money.
For me this just look's like a bad idea for GOOD DEV

But hey good luck.

I just think it's too much of this out there. and i'm sorry i used your post to make my point

BTW if your after the money shaiya isnt the game to try it on..

Just saying Shaiya is more or less dead now, just a few left that is die hard shaiya fans
Thanks
8 Users
Old 11/07/2014, 12:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[ADM
- MUST be active, work hard (I want a DEV that gets shits done very quickly)
This comes off a little disrespectful to whomever would consider developing for your server. Activity and being hard work is something you'd want in a partner or employee I totally agree, but "getting shit done very quickly" sounds like a slave, especially when you factor in the next point you make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[ADM
And most important of all: DOING IT FOR THE FUN NOT FOR THE MONEY!
This is the main reason you're not going to find a DEV, this just sounds like you're not willing to pay for their services, this could be wrong but this is what it comes off as.

A noob developer like myself finds it fun, a new learning experience and a good way to gain some knowledge that yields results on a live server where bugs will be exploited rather than a local test server where you're only testing your own mind.

Whereas an experienced DEV who's really good probably does it for the money not because it's fun, and it's definitely not going to be fun to be hounded at to release patches and bug fixes on demand for free.

You seem lazy and I just don't see this working out for you unless you change your attitude, learn and get some experience setting up your own test server. There's a plethora of knowledge on these forums, I learnt all the basics here and it helped a lot, you'll obviously want to expand your knowledge in SQL at the very least and personally I found it a lot easier by reading and understanding the mountain of scripts already available here, in no time you'll be able to write your own.

I hope if someone does come to you, you offer them payment even if it's not until there's some profit. There's no lying to your DEV about how much you make either, just for the fact they'll have access to the database when adding donation points/items etc.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/20/2014, 11:40   #8

GL on finding bro alot of good devs here
Old 11/21/2014, 11:48   #9

To make my first Server i 'm associat with good friend and both we learn all ( how to make Privat shaiya ) , we making lot error, crash , Bug , 2 month of learning and making error , Now i know more easly to do that

I have learn about
- SQL , test SQL 2005 , 2008 , 2012 and find what i'm need for EP shaiya
- PHP , testing XAMPP , WAMP and other server web to use better PHP scrip , ODBC scrip
- Extract and inject SDATA for testing on Local client item or monster or other thing need in game for update
- making an Updater we adresse for update
- How to secure Server_Mgr and SQL
- How to make a good database for EP needed
- How to make a Website with Register , and other PHP script

Lot of thing to learn , but i continu to learn and for helping me i have 2 Friends

Epvper and Google Search
Thanks
1 User

Tags
looking for a dev