Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Info] What do you crave most?

Discussion on [Info] What do you crave most? within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Talking [Info] What do you crave most?

Hello, some of you may know me... Most of you do not; however I am here to not only speak my mind but to hear your thoughts. I know that this forum is mainly for informational purposes however I have been curious of something for quite some time. What does the Shaiya community really desire? Also, what are key things that drive you (the Shaiya community) away as well.

Things I look for:
  • Strong community, caring but efficient Staff members
  • Solid PvP, Solid Story-Line for PvErs (something to kill time in between pvp runs)
  • Stable Economy & Drop Rates

Red Flags:
  • Staff ignorance
  • Low server morale
  • Instant everything

I'm an old school player I enjoy the grind, to experience the Shaiya story. And not to mention pvp!! Whether its pvp in lower zones or max zones it’s all good to me. As long as the community is strong and vibrant, the staff is open minded, understanding to those around them, and able to solve problems efficiently... I would then be proud to call that server home. But, what about you? What do you look for in a server and what really drives you away? I've been part of the Shaiya community quite a long time and there are so many different views lately, and with that so many new & different servers. With all these servers the desires of the community are a mystery to many people. I really do hope to hear alot of thoughts and opinions on this subject! But please let’s keep the topic informational & clean of names of any Person(s) or Server(s). Thank you.

~ Lizzy
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/02/2014, 23:06   #2

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
Hey Saomi,

"The past is like using your rear-view mirror in the car, it's good to glance back and see how far you've come, but if you stare too long you'll miss what's right in front of you."

Generally speaking, I totally agree with this quote, I'm a person who always goes on and strives to get better, but sometimes I miss the good old days.

I miss episode 4 and episode 5 OS, where I was a hard mode priest on full wise, wearing dread and legendary gears linked with duals, healing pretty well but dying quite fast. I miss Shaiya Evolution, where I was clearly doing better than in OS, but still far from being a top player. I miss Shaiya Pandorra, where I wasn't that badass either, where I was a [GS] who lost his tags because of stupid circumstances, where I met NatsuTheNoob and became part of the Fairy.Tail family, where my friend told me that he was happier while getting uber than actually being uber, something I totally had to agree with. So many awesome memories...
I don't have to forget to mention Shaiya Spirit, another server where Fairy.Tail kicked ass to the extreme. Also, Shaiya Absolution, KSing half of MM bosses together with Prime. It ended for me on that server when the admin's girlfriend accused me of 1-hit killing Kimuraku, which obviously unleashed the raging devils inside me so I felt obligated to insult her, not before I rushed Red to AH to get my gears. Oh, as a secret - I was speedhacking to reach Kimuraku, but somehow they thought 1-hit killing a boss would sound more credible to everyone.

It was around that time when shit started to happen, Absolution being the first server I played which closed because of DDOS attacks.

There's multiple factors that contributed to the start of the new era, the first one being the fat sack of shit who started launching DDOS attacks and extorting money out of everyone who wanted to keep their server up. All the other factors are just results of the first one : players started to get pissed off when they farm for 2 weeks and the server would simply go down and close. That's how instant servers showed up, not that they lasted very long either, but to help the situation they would start 1-2 servers every day.

~ 2012 - stressers gained some popularity and being in the hands of a bunch of kids they caused quite some damage as well.

Early 2013 - proxy servers came around, but the best developers Shaiya had were already gone.

Aaaaand here we are, Q3 of 2014, the situation seems to have cooled down a little bit, which is similar to ~2010, except for the fact that the old population isn't around anymore.

I know I deviated from the original topic, but there's what I have to conclude this with:

It's too late to do anything about it. It's simply worthless to tell the idiot admins that their server is not necessary and that they should shut it down and send their players to <whatever server worth playing>. I know I said this a few zillion times already, so one more time won't hurt anyone.

There are some servers that aren't all about money, but about the player and the gameplay, most of them run by old school players, so obviously the new generation doesn't really like playing there, because "stupid admin, where's my freebies ?!??!?".

This being said, I'd rather see a thread where people share their memories from the old Shaiya days, instead of trying to change something (it won't happen).

Chris
Thanks
10 Users
Old 08/03/2014, 15:18   #3

You really could not be more right. I wish I could remember who you were on pandora, too many people and so long ago. lol
I also miss evolution, the feel of working for what you need and competing for boss raids but it is the people I miss most of all. Those really were the good ol' days.

I can't say all my memories of Pandora were positive, lol But the server as a whole always meant the world to me. Was my passion and pleasure to work for the server most days :P Then there were those days when i wanted to bury myself in a nearby ditch to escape the dramatics.

Anyway, I guess what I was aiming for here is to see a glimmer of hope, that the community is not completely lost inside their greed. I know there are those of us out there that desire more than what this shaiya generation is providing!

With that said I will leave you too with a quote:
"No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, its never too late to turn back around"
Thanks
5 Users
Old 08/05/2014, 21:00   #4

hi there saomi^^

i was about to bump in with fancy things but.. QQ.. can't do better than nubness

i fully agre with him: a lot of servers mostly useless (and a lot of em copy-cats) that just take aways players from servers that actually deserve ppl's time due to the hard work the dev-team has put in it.(not to speak about this bad habit some ppl have to steal/copy/take huge inspiration in (call it as u please) other ppl's work)

sorry i went off topic

-as a player i like a lot doing quests. almost none of the servers today give importance to quests that accompany players in their leveling to 80. they just raise exp rate and ta-daa. all i have to say it's **** boring. and ppl can do a lot in entertaining farmers, grinders and even ppl who take a break from pvping.

-a lot important is pvp. a server with pvp will have more players than a full pve one. so if i, player, see that a server is ''dead'' why should i continue staying?

-we all know there are p-servers made with the only intent to earn money and others made for players to have fun. ofc i ll never stay on a server made to spill my money. i do know that p servers need money to stay up but i want to decide if i donate or not. i hate paying to be uber or to have the most basical things. i would've stayed on OS if i enjoyed spending money that much..

-another thing i'd love server should pay a lot more attention is staff. a lot of ppl admins/owners don't pay a lot attention to is the ppl they have in staff. a lot of em are rude and get even to mock players.

-last but not least: i love to see customized stuff. sets, weapons, mounts are things that players have around em in every moment thet play. so i think that a little effort should be put in recoloring. it is so important for me cos it's what i do so...

i hope u can find some interesting things that will help u for evey purpose u had in asking the comunity's opinion
Thanks
3 Users

Tags
information, shaiya, shaiya community, shaiya development, shaiya private server