What type of fields you added? When I was writing email authentication script I used PwAnswer & PwQuestion, EmailAuth & EmailAuthKey and that's everything I needed. I tried to follow yours, but I don't know javascript :/
To make activation key I created a text file and made the registration script add new player names to it then create a md5 of it. Not sure how good it is, but at that time I thought it is a great idea.
I redid it a bit, and this one doesn't add columns, though I did have to change EmailAuthKey to varchar(MAX), for the activationKey I used.
To create the activationKey I use a function in PHP - mt_rand() - 5 times. It seemed like a good way to me, and a good way to prevent matching keys. I also couldn't think of another way to do it.
The javascript part of my registration is merely the Username check (to see if it exists) and to verify all fields have data in them, nothing else. Dunno if that'd help you any :S
saw a problem posted here about the acc verification ...most of u want to make ppl not to be able to log in if they dont verify there email ... heres how i fixed the problem
EDIT in Verify.php this 2 query Change Leave value to "1"
Code:
//Insert statement for the Users_Masters table. Check to verify all information is corrent
$sql = "INSERT INTO PS_UserData.dbo.Users_Master
(UserID,Pw,JoinDate,Admin,AdminLevel,UseQueue,Status,[COLOR="Red"]Leave[/COLOR],LeaveDate,UserType,Point,UserIp)
VALUES ('{$username}','{$password}',GETDATE(),0,0,0,0,[COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR],GETDATE(),'N',0,'{$user_ip}')";
Update Leave value to "0" after verifying email activation key
Code:
//Changing the Users_Detail table to updated, and the UseQueue column of Users_Master to 1
$sql="UPDATE PS_UserData.dbo.Users_Detail SET EmailAuthKey='Verified', EmailAuth=1, EmailAuthDate=GETDATE() WHERE (UserID = '$row[UserID]')
UPDATE PS_UserData.dbo.Users_Master SET [COLOR="Red"]Leave=0 [/COLOR]WHERE UserID='$row[UserID]'";
Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'UserUID', table 'PS_UserData.dbo.Users_Master'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
I deleted the RowID column, as I found it useless. You need to have the UserUID column set to auto increment. Look at the link I put in the post above.
I've commented in the first post on what you need to edit.
To make a register work, you basically just need to have it insert the correct data into the database. But to make it work efficient you'll have to put checks for account already existing. Stuff like that.
if you use the same for both website and server i guess you might do this easy (i don't know realy) but there is alot of php stuff here what do i have where?
and what do i realy have to change to get it to work?
sorry but i realy don't understand php/html stuff. i'm a server guy:-P
do you have one on your server side and one on your site to get them to understand where to make the account and so on or?
My website and game server is run of the same system. I use IIS, based off my server.
All of the files have to be together, so if your website server is on a different server, all of them will be on the website server. You will need to change db.config.php to your database information, and mail.php to what you need (It's commented through it what needs changed. Like $body and the STMP account information)
ty ty now i start to understand how this work. but you say run.
how do you run stuff like php in a server? like i said i'm stupid when it comes to php/html stuff:-( i have a iss server too vps tho not dedicated.
i have to move my site to the same server. should not be a problem. but i run php in the site in html so much i have understand i guess. but the stuff that has to run on the server it self how and where do i implement it and run it in the server part?
You need the PHP binaries to run it, for Apache I can't help much with installing it, I've never used Apache. But IIS it's not that hard to install it. I'd recommend getting the PHP 5.2 binaries, instead of 5.3, since I've never been able to get mssql_connect to work on 5.3
Help with LOTF and Hamachi ID Tyler.PC 08/23/2008 - CO2 Private Server - 5 Replies I was messaged recently by Tyler.PC saying that the source I used on here for the lotf guide, will get me sued. He said that the source was copyrighted, and that they are going to have my server shut down, and he is gonna have them sue me for using the guide, and source. Is it possible for them to do this? If so, cant TQ sue everyone on here for using there source's? I know some things are changed, but basically still the same. So if anyone can tell me if this is possible, I would appreciate...