Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to Customize update.exe

Discussion on How to Customize update.exe within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old 09/14/2010, 23:52   #16

elite*gold: 0
Ok, editing my post - cause i finally figured out those first two steps. Thing is... i don't have an updateversion.ini. I just have a version.ini. Where can i get the other one? Also... I'm getting a little lost in hex. :/ Can anyone help explain a few of the lines he edited? That'd be great.

Thanks for any help given. ^_^
Old 09/16/2010, 06:38   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherDust View Post
Ok, editing my post - cause i finally figured out those first two steps. Thing is... i don't have an updateversion.ini. I just have a version.ini. Where can i get the other one? Also... I'm getting a little lost in hex. :/ Can anyone help explain a few of the lines he edited? That'd be great.

Thanks for any help given. ^_^
You create your own updateversion.ini per his specifications. Meaning just create a file in windows, rename it and add the lines of text.

Hex is easy, but for this edit you don't really need to know much about it. Just find the specified URLs and replace it with your own. Make sure you start at the begining and not before , for example start at the H in http, and overwrite (Do not insert or delete, ever). You should be able to edit the ascii in this case, it is not necessary to edit the hex directly.

If your address is smaller than the original you need to fill in the overflow. To do this you can edit the hex, replace the extras with 00. Do not use a space or dot (depending on editor) it is not the same.
Old 09/16/2010, 09:38   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthCrush View Post
You create your own updateversion.ini per his specifications. Meaning just create a file in windows, rename it and add the lines of text.

Hex is easy, but for this edit you don't really need to know much about it. Just find the specified URLs and replace it with your own. Make sure you start at the begining and not before , for example start at the H in http, and overwrite (Do not insert or delete, ever). You should be able to edit the ascii in this case, it is not necessary to edit the hex directly.

If your address is smaller than the original you need to fill in the overflow. To do this you can edit the hex, replace the extras with 00. Do not use a space or dot (depending on editor) it is not the same.
This. And do _not_ use longer URL than the original.
Old 09/17/2010, 02:11   #19

Ok, I got it so far. The first time i ran it, it worked. Now when i'm trying to run it again, I'm getting an error. Where did i mess up? >.<

And i'm noticing it keeps deleting my version.ini. Why is this?
Old 09/17/2010, 02:58   #20

OMG.... Basic error?. Either you replaced the updater outside your client folder... Which is quite obvious, or you didnt rename the data.saf and data.sah to updater.saf and updater.sah. In this situation, you replace the whole archive instead of updating them, which corrupts the game greatly... Hope this information helped.

Greetings from Shaiya Nemesis
Old 09/17/2010, 04:05   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherDust View Post
Ok, I got it so far. The first time i ran it, it worked. Now when i'm trying to run it again, I'm getting an error. Where did i mess up? >.<

And i'm noticing it keeps deleting my version.ini. Why is this?
I think this error has something to due with you not having a version.ini in your client folder.
Old 09/17/2010, 04:21   #22

Ok, i changed the saf and sah to updater, and i'm still getting the same message. And yes, the updater is in a copy of my client folder.
Old 09/17/2010, 06:34   #23

If you messed up the client in the first place, it has no use changing the update, get a fresh client first, and then put your updater in it.
Old 09/17/2010, 07:08   #24

To Earth: I have a version.ini in there. When I run it the first time, it eats my version.ini, making it disappear. And I'm not sure why.

To Danco: I did what you told me to do, and it still doesn't work. And yes, i use a fresh client each time.

Another Edit: So i tried something else last night when i couldn't sleep. I got it to patch, then it closed my updater, put in a new one and ran a command prompt. :/
Old 10/01/2010, 16:22   #25

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonaid View Post
yes, it`s like "http://192.168.1.95" , tried it on mi website "www.xxxx.com" to and now i get "Download failed: Rread Profile C08" and when i search in exe for C08 it says smt about UpdateVersion.ini,guessing can`t read it or smt
Hello everyone!
I got the same error. Reading the post, I realized I did not create the directory "http://myhost/Shaiya/patch/ps####.patch".
I don't know what to put in this file ps####.Patch
What does this file? Can anyone provide one?

Another question. The path of the files .ini is "http://sh.myhost.com/filename.ini".

It is imperative that I create a subfolder called /Shaiya?

Thx all.
Old 03/17/2012, 17:20   #26

i dont understandet who can help me?

Danco help me eii
Old 03/18/2012, 02:32   #27

Received Thanks: 1,286
Post Before You: 10-01-2010, 10:22
Your Post: Today, 11:20

Please do NOT necro extremely old posts. Make a new one.

#Requesting Lock
Thanks
1 User