Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Don't make a shaiya server.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Don't make a shaiya server.

I just saw a "NEW SHAIYA 5.4 SERVER",

so i'm angry. I won't tell you the name, As I am a little respectful.. but anyway, this is a fucking wix.com server, with x5000 exp, and all the needed to build an other clone. it says things such as "Custom maps" well... I was unable to find the single edited .wld file in "Their" client. (Lol, weird, the client looked like the one from Cryptic Shaiya)

So, you players, please stop playing on servers like that... and you owner, please stop making these craps.... Or at least, don't make it public.

If you are new in this community, then you should know what Shaiya is.
Shaiya is an old game, with less and less players. As their is no player-related official website for P*Servers, there is against less players in P*Servers... Shaiya KR () closed already.

Nowdays, the problem is that we'll soon reach a limit, wich means we'll get more """""""""""""DEV""""""""""""" (you know what I mean with quotes) than normal players. In fact a lot of players are leaving shaiya servers because of a bad experiance in a non-professional server. So lets help our community to die slowly and in PEACE for the last shaiya server years we'll have, by stopping slipting the community.
If you plan to make a small server to play with your friends, then its ok.
But if you are almost alone in your """""""""""""DEV TEAM""""""""""""", it could work ... but you have to know what you are doing, and you have to be ready to work with SQL, PHP (and probably asm) daily. thats why I would suggest you to have a team of 2/4 skilled guys.

What do I mean by beeing skilled?

Lets decrypt this code, you have 5 seconds:

PHP Code:
#include <BrainExE.h>
#include <string>
#include <Imagination.h>
#include <iostream>

int main(){
string euser;
while(
true){
count << "What is your E*PvP User?";
cin >> euser;
if(!
IsBrain(euser)){
cout << OmgGoAway(euser);
break;
}else{
cout << Well(euser);
Imagination im = new Imagination(esuer);
im -> StartMakingAFuckingDecentServer();
break;
}
}
string OmgGoAway(string euser){
string msg "I'm sorry "+esuer+", but you don't meet system requirements";
return 
msg;
}
string Well(string euser){
string msg "you seem to have a decent brain";
return 
msg;

If you were able to detect that this is a fucking stupid c++ code, then you are on the good way. If not, then... idk.
You'll have to do things like that daily (sql/php, probably not c++), so be ready.

Imo, its just better to have few professional servers with active staff, all unic each-others, than 100+ clones. No matter how many players they have, the important point is that they should stay online as long as possible. If you are not sure about keeping your server online in the future, you shouldn't open it at all. We can learn a lot about a server just by looking its website. The problem? Half of servers are using "Wix.com" and craps like that. BE PRO guys! If you are unable to buy a fucking domain name, then why are you still reading this message? You'll have to pay to build a server. To pay for software, for hardware, maybe VPS, maybe not and all other fees that you can't imagine such as time. If you spent 0$ by making your server, then.. you have serious problems.

If you enjoy making server, feel free to join existing servers/and/or team !
If you can't find a team, then you are probably still not enough skilled to build you server, then you should try again later, and learn more about all the needed for shaiya (SQL, PHP and all the p*server basics)
I get daily PM of guys who are asking me help to make their servers, so pelase don't say that no body wants to make a server with you, if they just don't want you because your only "DEV" skills are /char off

Anyway!
Good luck all with your *I HOPE* professional servers! And enjoy playing on it!
Call your friend to play Shaiya, so we'll get more players (no matter the server)

Peace all,
And keeping decent servers, we all love 'em

Thanks
10 Users
Old 09/04/2016, 15:21   #2

Well making a decent server is really hard I can tell that me and my friend are trying to do a decent one for like 5 years but there is allways a big stone in the way that makes us delay the server because we don't want to make a server that lasts a few weeks or months we want to make one that can last 1,2,3 years idk maybe more, maybe be able to get old players of Shaiya to play it. I totaly agree with @ servers that have a free website first of all aren't servers at all or at least they are far from being complete servers. There is so much stuff to be done in order to do a normal server imagine a good/decent server. I can just tell you guys my story about my attempts of making a decent Shaiya server. I have knowledge about client side, far from being expert but I try to read to learn how to do "what I want". My friend knows about all the other sides of a private shaiya server, like making a whole site by he's own, setting up he's own webserver and he understands about security too + other stuff. My point is that we have what it takes to create a good/decent server, but (here is the part where the example comes) don't be shocked if I say untill now it was not enough to do one yet and the real question is why our server isn't done yet? actualy its simple to explain, isn't ready because we know that if we realease it with only what we know right now it will still be incompleted in our perspective. Resuming in oreder to do a decent server you guys need first of all the will to make better and different from the other servers, than you need to have the knowledge to do it and last but not the least you need to have free time to run it correctly. This is why is taking us so mutch time to release our server but we know we are in the correct path.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/05/2016, 09:23   #3

Received Thanks: 1,123
(Writing this for the 5th time because the forum keeps messing up)

True, we don't need 50 EP5 Servers, 40 EP4 ones and hundreds of fully custom Lv11 Lapis and 500 stats per gear piece servers. We need more quality servers, and less quantity.

However, asking people to not create servers is a bit selfish. Everyone has the right (actually, we don't have the right, but you get what I mean) to create a server.

We need quality servers with fresh and unique ideas, not the same concept copied over and over.

Recently, we had a "100% fixed EP5.4 Server" that lasted about 3 or 4 days. It was "hacked", because the owner did not fix the GM Exploit, and that should be the first thing to do with ep5 files.
We also still have a bunch of "Looking for DEV" topics. If people can't get a server running on their own and have to rely on others, they should quit their dream of owning a server. I am also not the owner of Coca Cola or Apple, because I am incapable of being one.

There are a few servers that are doing a great job at implementing new features, then we have a bunch of servers that steal everything from files to ideas, and then we have those "weekend servers" (as I like to call them, because that is basically how long they last).

According to the rules, wix.com (or in general free websites) are not allowed, and I would like that rule to be applied more often. Still, more than half servers are wix.com servers. I personally would like those advertisements to be removed, rather than just closed because a closed topic is still advertisement, and users warned on repeated offense.

Getting rid of weekend servers would be the first step to make shaiya great again. Spreading the already small community on hundreds of the exact same servers is not beneficial.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 09/07/2016, 13:45   #4

Apollyon was bright guy when he said "remove all threads with free domain because it is killing shaiya community",he destroyed many of them with DDoS attacks because non of them had protections...Sadly but I miss him because he was the one to take down all this free **** servers and since hes gone ***** keep poping out like migrants...so Forum MODERATORS WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING TO SAVE THE GAME.THIS IS CALL FOR HELP.DELETE ALL THREADS FROM FORUMS WITHOUT PROPER DOMAIN!!
Thanks
3 Users

« Shaiya OLD ISN'T REOPNED!!! | Need ep 4.5 game.exe with instant recreation and enchant »