Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Quick tip here]

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation [Quick tip here]

Don't use aeriagames new item.sdata, when i found out the hard way i lost my work of hours were i should have saved it but then i found out the item.sdata attacked shaiya studios.exe program notice, do not use it they are sneaky.

Old 11/20/2012, 01:43   #2

Received Thanks: 1,062
Seems another example of why Shstupido is horrible o.o..
(typo intended)

Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/20/2012, 01:48   #3

O_o Those crafty bastards...
Old 11/20/2012, 02:00   #4

i use shaiya studio with the item.SData from OS fully updated and use the quiry's and works fine. lol

Old 11/20/2012, 02:02   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootzoo View Post
i use shaiya studio with the item.SData from OS fully updated and use the quiry's and works fine. lol
Depends have you removed there code? Since i am using my old episode 4.5 and it works that way but the new one i am looking in it for codes to do this.
Old 11/20/2012, 04:06   #6

i didnt remove any code just DL OS client full update and replaced the game.exe no coding no edits......
Old 11/20/2012, 07:03   #7

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,586
well u mean by attacking prolly that the sql file got fcked up and uhm tbh thats ur problem if u cant configure it at all / are aware of the bugs that program is cursing.. if u use that prog u should all know about it if not i dont recommend it to u to use it.. because it rly can fck up ur stuff if u do something wrong.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/20/2012, 08:54   #8

The tool is handy for what it does, but like Teddy said you really have to be prepared to overhaul your entire **** server at a moments notice because you never know what ShStudio is going to break next. Everyone thinks that is some magical program built my Unicorns and Dwarves that can do everything that needs to be done to run a server, and that's just not the case.

It is a handy tool to have around for those times that you want quick access to viewing your item.sdata or w/e, but you can't rely on it for everything. Learn how to run a server manually, without the 'easy button' tools before you ever download them. Gives you a better understanding of how to fix things when they break.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/20/2012, 17:11   #9

Received Thanks: 1,062
Another example of faulty coding within that tool:
Back when I was helping work on Teddy's server Imagination I was the one who worked on one of the custom quests.
Know I know how to do quests >.> I knew how to do them without castors tool back in the day, but anyway..
So basically I like to complete things before placing it in game right?
So I put a lot of work into the quest and made it long and detailed with the combined ideas of the staff.
Once it was put in game players started having huge issues with this quest.
Some npcs would be active when they weren't supposed to, some npcs wouldn't let you advance, others wouldn't give items.
I thought to myself..ok maybe I did something wrong? So I checked it out.
After about 5 or 6 trial and error runs with patches to it in game I finally figured it out.
I save my work very often using Ctrl + S. I figured that was ok. Yet I guess I was wrong.
What happened when I did that was shstupido would rollback on my work by a step from every one or two times I would use Ctrl + S.
I was like are you ******* serious? I took the blame for some stupid *** faulty coding and made myself look like I didn't know ****.
(I'm sorta a highly respected person in this community for those that know what I can do. Kinda ****** me off you know?)
So in order to work around this issue I had to use "Save As" and make a new NpcQuest with it each time..(writing over the current one would cause the same issue)
How stupid...just proves the one who made the tool either rushed it, only knew one coding language, just didn't give a ****, or just didn't know what he was doing despite his claims.
Sad. :/
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/23/2012, 22:08   #10

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,232
For working with quests it is most recommended to do it in .csv, not with ShStudio.
However, I am working with the ep6 aeria Item.SData for quite some time and never had any problem.

Thanks
1 User

« TMOS Server Got hacked and scam | What Kinda Server people will love to play? »