Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Help with Shiaya PS

Discussion on Help with Shiaya PS within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Help with Shiaya PS

Hello.

I'm interested in making a Shiaya PS. I have the resources. Comcast Business Class Internet (15 mbps up/down pipe), several PowerEdge servers with plenty of ram and hard drive space. However, I have a lack of understanding. I have gone through the tutorials and ran into errors, several times. I would like some assistance, and in exchange, if the server stays up I'd be glad to give whoever is willing to help me administrative powers. Add me on skype if you're willing to help: coolwier65

Please help me out if you know how!
Thanks,
DieHard
Old 11/06/2012, 06:17   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Arrow Shaiya PServer Development -> Shaiya Private Server

#Moved to the right section
Old 11/06/2012, 13:19   #3

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
Actually, a few days ago I made a reference to people like you in .

EDIT (which should be another post after Snuggle's) : In that thread we talk about the super spam of **** servers from admins that think the community needs their server. First you need to learn a lot about it from these forums. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them in the "Shaiya Private Server" section. We still have great developers that would be more than glad to answer them.
Old 11/06/2012, 14:58   #4

Received Thanks: 1,066
Before you EVER make a public server why don't you try creating an offline one first.
Once you have that working then go and fix all your problems before thinking of anything else.
Make it worth playing.
After that work on security.
Then slowly open it to a few people and see what bugs appear because they will once it's public. They always do.
Then go from there.
Don't ever ask someone else to get a server public for you.
You just proved right there that you can't run it on your own.
So why are you wanting to make a public server if you can't even run it?....
People don't think.
Being able to afford it and actually run it are two completely different things.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/07/2012, 04:50   #5

I appreciate the unjustified judgement, Snuggle. That was sarcasm, in case you were wondering. I clearly stated that I was having problems and I couldn't get the servers online myself. I code fluently in 4 web based languages along with some C++ and Java however I have NEVER worked on a Shaiya server before. I'm not looking for someone to " get my server public for me ", I'm looking for an experienced developer to HELP me work on a small server that may or may not become a large public project.
Old 11/07/2012, 06:04   #6

What episode do you want ?
Old 11/09/2012, 13:58   #7

You guys are amazing... a new potential developer comes onto the site, states that he has the setup and the willingness to work with someone, says that he *has* tried the tutorials already and just needs some help, and offers a fair exchange of knowledge for partnership, clearly stating IF the server pans out... and you toss him in the dirt like an utter nobody. You big badasses are going to be the destruction of the community, not the new blood seeking the chance to have what everyone else has.

You don't know his education, his experience, his motives, or anything about him... and yet you basically tell him to gfto, because obviously you, Snuggle, and you nubness, know everything there is to know about a Shaiya pserver and always have since day one with no help from anyone else. Sounds legit.

The solution to the "Shaiya Pserver Community Problem" as you so eloquently put it is NOT slamming the door in the face of everyone who comes here asking for help! Almost every one of us has needed a hand in some form or another at one point- lay off your *** complexes and stop harassing people who aren't as "great" as you, O Wise Ones.

And nubness... "I made a reference to people like you in a very interesting thread." People like him? Are you serious? You don't have the slightest clue who he is. For all you know, ******* Bill Gates could have just asked for assistance with setting up a pserver because he doesn't know Shaiya, but you tell him "people like you"... you're an ***. I'm glad this guy had the ***** to make a comeback, because this attitude of such poor reception of new faces is going to cause a lot of people to turn away from the community altogether- but oh wait, I forgot, that seems to be exactly what you want. Inbreeders.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 11/09/2012, 14:47   #8

Shaiya Haven, I see that you got a point here, but you're kinda wrong.
First of all, if you check his initial post you see that he mentions his hardware specifications and internet speed. As far as I know, you can host a local server even offline. I mean no offense, but something inside me is saying that when he is ready to launch the server publicly he would do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubness
What episode do you want ?
Actually, I was willing to help him. And you saw my post I just quoted. Any normal person with functional brains can understand my intentions. I may have been a little bit harsh in my previous posts, but well, it happens to anyone.
Old 11/09/2012, 14:54   #9

Diehard, can you give us some details on the trouble you are having so we can help you troubleshoot the issue. Without knowing where you are running into the wall so to speak we can't really point you towards the door.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/09/2012, 23:39   #10

ShaiyaHeaven: No ****, I love you.
Nubness: I don't have a preference. EP6 would probably lead to a more successful server.
Su1ph3r: The set-up process went wrong in several ways. MySQL was a problem, the files I downloaded both times didn't cooperate. I don't really know how to explain because I don't know the ShaiyaPserver vernacular.

I really just want someone to co-develop with. I can offer whatever knowledge I have. I'm really searching for someone who knows how to do this on their own (so we won't run into problems) but doesn't have the resources. Hence, their need for a partnership.
Old 11/10/2012, 00:30   #11

Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiyaHaven View Post
You guys are amazing... a new potential developer comes onto the site, states that he has the setup and the willingness to work with someone, says that he *has* tried the tutorials already and just needs some help, and offers a fair exchange of knowledge for partnership, clearly stating IF the server pans out... and you toss him in the dirt like an utter nobody. You big badasses are going to be the destruction of the community, not the new blood seeking the chance to have what everyone else has.

You don't know his education, his experience, his motives, or anything about him... and yet you basically tell him to gfto, because obviously you, Snuggle, and you nubness, know everything there is to know about a Shaiya pserver and always have since day one with no help from anyone else. Sounds legit.

The solution to the "Shaiya Pserver Community Problem" as you so eloquently put it is NOT slamming the door in the face of everyone who comes here asking for help! Almost every one of us has needed a hand in some form or another at one point- lay off your god complexes and stop harassing people who aren't as "great" as you, O Wise Ones.

And nubness... "I made a reference to people like you in a very interesting thread." People like him? Are you serious? You don't have the slightest clue who he is. For all you know, fucking Bill Gates could have just asked for assistance with setting up a pserver because he doesn't know Shaiya, but you tell him "people like you"... you're an ass. I'm glad this guy had the balls to make a comeback, because this attitude of such poor reception of new faces is going to cause a lot of people to turn away from the community altogether- but oh wait, I forgot, that seems to be exactly what you want. Inbreeders.
You act like someone just stole your favorite toy from you o.O
Now then if you look at it from my point of view you might understand something...
I seem to be one of the few here still that's been around since the beginning.
I've seen every form of question and complaint about Shaiya you could ever think of.
Now with that being said I started off just like he has with not understanding what the fuck my issue was when setting up a server.
This was back when there was only server files. No tutorials.
Yet somehow I was able to backtrack on my mistake and figure out what I did wrong.
Now as of 2012..almost 2013 we have 5+ very detailed guides on how to create a server.
If we can have shitty servers come out pretty much what seems everyday then one would assume someone with the dedication to create a good server can do it right? Right.
My statement was simply saying if you can't do it on your own don't rely on someone else to do it because 99.99998% of the time they WILL fuck everything up or screw you over.
Why? Because people now days only care about money and screwing people over just because they can. (DDoS much?)
With that being said I don't mind someone asking for help. If you look at my posts you'll see I help at times.
Yet most the time I find it annoying because everyone asks the same thing at least 10 times a day on here.
I don't believe in relying on other people to do the work for you while you host it either.
One of those people will end up being screwed. I know because it's happened to me more than once.

On a side note if bill gates did come to me asking how to make a Shaiya Private server...
Well I'd simply tell him this:
You have over 7 Billion dollars. Create your own game..wait you have your own company games..don't waste your time and money on a dying game when you have the true resources to create something 100% times better.

Also the comment of "inbreeders" lol wut? XD
I don't think it's possible to commit incest over the internet o.O
Plus none of my family plays Shaiya or even knows about it..so yea....
Seems anger got the best of you there o.o..I have some pills I can share with you for that.
I take them everyday! :3 for reasons that I shall not say o.o

Anyway to avoid confusion of my coverage of many topics here...
Basically what I was saying to "diehard6" was that I believe he should be the one to create the server instead of trying to get someone else to do it.
Reasons being I don't want to see him screwed over in anyway, I believe it allows someone to learn more if they do it on their own, it leads to a better management of the server if you are hosting plus have done the work, and this is just my personal preference but when you create something yourself you take more pride in your work over someone else doing it.
Sometimes my meanings are a bit hard to understand and can easily be taken the wrong way...I've gotten that before so my apologies.
I may have used the wrong type of wording when stating the fact I said above here, but I hope this clears up what I meant.

Inbreeders XD made me laugh so hard I actually spit my coffee on my screen.
Was not fun to clean up >.> but thanks for the laugh <3
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/10/2012, 03:25   #12

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard6 View Post
MySQL was a problem, the files I downloaded both times didn't cooperate. I don't really know how to explain because I don't know the ShaiyaPserver vernacular.
Hello there, I see that you mention using MySQL; this could be your issue, to run the Shaiya DataBase, you use MSSQL not MySQL
Old 11/10/2012, 03:49   #13

So, yeah, I wouldn't get mad at him for his ability to develop, it just looks like he's got the server area for people to run this off. People use other's servers (there's a whole business sector in hosting servers) all the time when running a Shaiya pserver. I wouldn't judge him for his ability to set up a shaiya game within that server, rather his ability to be a host. If you're judging him on those grounds, by all means, critique away hahaha.
Old 11/10/2012, 19:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard6 View Post
Su1ph3r: The set-up process went wrong in several ways. MySQL was a problem, the files I downloaded both times didn't cooperate. I don't really know how to explain because I don't know the ShaiyaPserver vernacular.
Like John mentioned that is likely to be a good portion of the problem, the Shaiya databases require MSSQL, there are quite a few different programs you can use for this but the easiest to use (in my opinion at least) is Microsoft SQL Server. Depending on which server files you downloaded you may need SQL Server 2008 or 2012. You likely used Svinseladden's Ep. 5 files so for that you will need 2012.

Another thing to note, a lot of people (myself included) have installed sql server wrong quite a few times, having said that BE SURE that you install as a default instance instead of a named instance.

Feel free to pm me if you need any help, I will give you my Skype and try to get you on the right path.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2012, 19:59   #15

ShaiyaHaven, now give me one single reason not to slap you.
I added diehard6 in skype, helped him setup his local server, after which he had also set it up on a host server, which as he claims is given to him for free from school, using other files than I showed him. Alright, no trouble. Everything is up and running and guess what, he asks me how to add new ep6 items. I explain him how to extract the client data, edit stuff in there and how to replace a single file without extracting the whole data file and how to get the script from ShStudio, which is the simplest thing ever, and then it turns out that the client he has is ep4.5(server ep5), and I get the blame for "********" his client, which was working smoothly until I touched it.
I'm sending him an old and possibly screwed ep5 client of mine, which turns out to be screwed and not working and it's my fault that both of us wasted 2 hours on the file transfer. Also, it doesn't even come in his mind how to get an ep5 client, with all the private servers around that use ep5 client as base, and he keeps asking me how he is supposed to get a good client.
Potential new developer ? to hell with that.
Thanks
1 User