Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Poll]What kind of Shaiya server would people want to play on ?

Discussion on [Poll]What kind of Shaiya server would people want to play on ? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

View Poll Results: What Shaiya episode would you prefer ?
Episode 4 64 56.64%
Episode 5 49 43.36%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/05/2012, 07:01   #16

elite*gold: 0
A ep-2 server would be very nice to see. I'v only seen one server like that so far.

but far as the topic goes ep5 is nice 70 skills not so much tho.
Old 04/05/2012, 20:30   #17

Why beat a dead horse ..... resurrecting EP3 has been done .... its like bringing back the Original DOOM ... dont lie you'd play it for ten minutes then remember why you started playing Quake when it came out if you want to keep people coming to your server you NEED new or newest content i have some really good ideas that combine PVE and PVP + farm server somethin that i have yet to see on any other pserver and OS is way to lame to ever try .... But not gonna just hand out my idea's like that ..... if you have a successful server up or have released something that was helpful and need a new direction to start working message me or somethin ill explain what i been workin on
Old 04/06/2012, 03:31   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekdc911 View Post
Why beat a dead horse ..... resurrecting EP3 has been done .... its like bringing back the Original DOOM ... dont lie you'd play it for ten minutes then remember why you started playing Quake when it came out if you want to keep people coming to your server you NEED new or newest content i have some really good ideas that combine PVE and PVP + farm server somethin that i have yet to see on any other pserver and OS is way to lame to ever try .... But not gonna just hand out my idea's like that ..... if you have a successful server up or have released something that was helpful and need a new direction to start working message me or somethin ill explain what i been workin on
Actually, this has been done, and quite successfully and not too long ago.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/06/2012, 19:41   #19

Received Thanks: 1,066
I am personally surprised Shaiya is still around after my 5 month leave into the scary world called....outside D:
Anyway...I personally prefer an Ep5 server with a mix of ep5/ep4 skills.
(Not hard to complete if you know what you are doing.)
I think ep5 is better due to the fact is has more maps, monsters, and items.
Customization of a server is actually a really good thing if the creator knows what he/she is doing.
I personally experimented with different ways to tie ep4 and ep5 together and they worked out well most the time.
My servers never lasted due to my very poor choice in staff. Lol
Basically what I'm saying is that why not a combo of both episodes?
If done right that can make for a great server.
Not all maps have to be what they are meant to be.
I made Kanos into a full MM map that involved the alters.
So you were required to kill the alters to get bless and make the main bosses spawn.
This map only opened once a week so it was the only time bless could be popped.
Just an idea :P It was very difficult to get correct though >.>
Mostly because I had a **** ton of mobs constantly spawning and I needed to set the spawn times correctly as well as set everything by hand.

-Edit-
To add to a little bit of the ideas...
Maybe making new classes as well? Yet opening two servers so one is normal while the other is custom.
Creating a custom class isn't hard either.
Any item can be edited to be used on any character type.
While any skill can be changed to be used on any class.
Retexturing is always nice as well. If you are a good artist I would suggest changing some stuff around.
Like I personally put in the time to completely retexture the game world.
That took a lot of time but made Shaiya look quite different lol (in a good way)
Another idea may be to completely rework the EXP system. Instead of setting it with a command actually set all the monsters EXP offerings in the database by hand.
Yes this takes a lot more time and work but it offers a more stable and enjoyable gameplay experience as of leveling.
Old 04/17/2012, 13:27   #20

I liked EP4 the most. I just like the simple gear sets & weps. Goddess Adamas/mithrill sets, lv 6 highest lapis lv 1 sonic & flash. No absorb & that kind of **** like in EP 5+.

I always disliked EP 5+. Gear is ulgy, weps aswell, lapis is kinda overkill lv 7+. Absorb etc.