Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Add level cap to maps?

Old   #1
elite*gold: 0
Question Add level cap to maps?

Hey guys,

I've been thinking that level caps would be great to implement into some of the dungeons on my server, but I realized after playing around with .svmaps for a while today that I have no idea how to do that. o.O

Changing the portal cap levels doesn't help, really- what's the good of that if people can move right in with summons/movement runes?

My question is, where are the map level limit parameters located? The way Proelium and Canta can only be accessed by 1-15s and 20-30s respectively, for example? Are they in the server-sided files, or is it deeper than that, in the game.exe, etc? I'm perfectly willing to work it out on my own, if someone will just point me in the right direction to look. ^^

Thanks, everyone!

1 User
Old   #2
The "caps" for both the 15 and 30 area's are added by the portals in the associated towns.

for example, the portal to 15 for lighties in 1.svmap defines the levels as 0 to 15
the same for the fury, and both the 30 portals / dungeons.

I dont think there is a way of adding a cap any other way, but i do believe there is a method of stopping people setting a tele save, or using party summons into any map you set. So you could go about it in the way of level caps for certain maps, and stop those teleport items for working in said maps via the database.

I cant remember exactly what you would need to edit, but if you search around it was a question asked a few months back about stopping teleport saves on maps.

1 User
Old   #3
The method where you are automatically teleported out of 1-15 or 20-30 zone if your level is greater then 15,30 respectively is done in ps_game.exe during login procedure. It is not in DB or svmap or any other file.

To prevent teleportation to those places by people above certain level is done by editing ps_Game only and no other way would be effective enough.
2 Users
Old   #4
elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,647
the level cap for those maps are strictly in the game.exe, so in other words you could make a hack that allows you to gain entry to those maps with a higher toon */hint

4 Users
Old   #5
Thanks guys, now I get to learn how to "hack", yay! x) Might take me a while, but I'll get it.
Old   #6
did anyone find out how to set lvl restritions on special maps?

yes i know portals and so on but ppl use summon stones an so on

could there mabe be a way to i don't know make it a dungeon (no tele points) and mabe in a way ban summon stones in that map or something?

i have a map i want to change lvl on, but if i do ppl can always get there high lvl's inside the map. ok ppl can hack it but is there a way and mabe a litle hint how it's done?