Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

help with HP glitch

Discussion on help with HP glitch within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
help with HP glitch

ok i have exausted most of my knowledge as a dev and am still stumed so its time to ask for a little help... has any1 officialy found the fix to the 65k hp max display that can help me get it fixed or point me in the corect sections of client and server side fiels to atempt it myself . i had at 1 point display of higher hp but it glitched and stuck at 800k hp when only 100k was suposta be there and after atempting multaple things i eventyaly crashed my test server and about 6 clients throwing the sgrafics error from corupt client so any help is greatly apresheated
Old 10/09/2011, 19:06   #2

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
I have never attempted to do this, but I think that the fix for it is on the game.exe, nowhere else
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/09/2011, 20:11   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,727
can't fix it. The problem is that the HP is stored as a short in the game. If you change it to an int, it can cause alot of headaches. There are alot of areas you'd have to change.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/09/2011, 20:17   #4

TY lipro and i am willing ta run with the headachs as i already have quite a few 1 more cant kill me lmao. so is there any decent direction you can point me in to start working and posably destroying a few 100 more clients and test servers as i love to work twords the goal of high end hp as i have actyalyseen a few servers with the ishue of the hp glitch when the hp bars start rolling over. i am nowere near fluent in olly still alot of learning for me witch is y i ask for help here on a location i can use to atempt to discover the many places or even a PM of were i need ta change in a hole is fine by me i will do the work of changeing i just need the help locating it.
Old 10/10/2011, 14:02   #5

hehe my HP goes to 78kk and when HP hits 0 im dead not no 3 bar's of hp
Old 10/10/2011, 15:52   #6

Use CheatEngine to search all places where HP is stored and accessed and change at each place in game.exe to handle it as an int rather than short. As lilpro said it would be a big headache. You might run into some memory problems since you are increasing the data size of the HP meter. You will have to go through each of those exceptions and fix them. It is seriously not worth the effort.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2011, 01:31   #7

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootzoo View Post
hehe my HP goes to 78kk and when HP hits 0 im dead not no 3 bar's of hp
And what is the point of your post? This post is just to show off, no help, no hints no anything, please stop that useless spam.

#Reported
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/11/2011, 03:49   #8

ok i did a little reserch/digging and discoverd if i edit the os client to work on my server ip i get display when i login of 200+k hp witch is a glitched aount i remove my gear and stat readding it back on and endup yet again with rollover hp bars at 65k hp so i figuerd maby need ta change the hp to int on db so i did then loged in and yet again same isue i manyaly add number above 23k ( when it is suposta start rolling ta - numbers) and get data load error and dc from server b4 ever reaching the toon selection page so igo thrue my logs and see its an error in the load chars proc but in that proc has nothing i can see for int small int and so on for the rows it calls so am i suposta edit the ps_game to call int also or is itspecificaly just game.exe and if just game then how do i make it actyaly call numbers higher like it should seeing as my db wont let me store int without causeing
errors??
Old 10/11/2011, 10:54   #9

wudnt a more simple solution just be to lower the hp on armors/lapis and damage done by weapons/lapis?

So people dont smash through that hp cap?

Just thinking, all that work so someone can see "88,000" instead of "64,000" really worth it?? :S

And hoot, without pure evidence, showing of work on how you got it.. it's another of your "claims to fame" which mean nothing and dont exist.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2011, 14:38   #10

I am pretty sure hoot did not exactly get HP above 64k, There are could be occurrences where you get a display >64k but it is actually a value <64k but "over flown".
I could think of a possibility like the display HP meter is of type int but the actual HP value in the char struct is type short and both are independently incremented when HP changes. When a char gets hit after this the HP in the char struct decide if char is dead or alive and hence it died even though it showed HP > 64k.
Thanks
1 User