Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hmm editing armor

Discussion on Hmm editing armor within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Hmm editing armor

kk well for some reason after editing armors with shstudio i patch it in successfully but when i go in and equip the armor it equips but it's invisible as in i still look like i'm wearing the starter clothes
Old 07/22/2011, 20:15   #2

Received Thanks: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi01 View Post
kk well for some reason after editing armors with shstudio i patch it in successfully but when i go in and equip the armor it equips but it's invisible as in i still look like i'm wearing the starter clothes
because you had assign that armors the starter clothes model (ie model 0); either because that value is used in the items.sdata definition of these armors or because you didn't include some updated models lists (.mlt files) that contains the model index of the new sets -- if the new set uses the model 27 and your .mlt only contain 25 models, the 1st model (index 0) will likely be used.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 07/23/2011, 07:42   #3

yeah sorry it was my own foolish mistake lol.. forgot to do settings and add the models.. fixed it like 2 hours after posting it lol.. lol.. my bad thank you though
Old 02/26/2013, 22:29   #4

must be patching the charakter folder ?, while my gear is invisible, i have editing with sh studio, i open the mlx file and editing new gear, after the patch my gear is invisible in the game, i see only my starter gear
Old 02/27/2013, 01:12   #5

Received Thanks: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by accuface35 View Post
must be patching the charakter folder ?
of course, you have to add or replace all models (.3DC files) and all textures (.DDS files) involved by your changes; and this will impact the content of the subdirectory 3DC and DDS of the folders DeathEater, Elf, Human & Vile of the Character directory.

If some / all of these files are missing, the gear item will of course still exist (it is defined on Item.sdata and its definition does not depend of the Character folder, but of course the visual definition of the gears does depend on it.

when you equip a gear whose visual layout is missing or incorrect, the toon appears as naked (as w/o any gear), then after a relog or toon change, the new invalid gear is actually applied and because the texture and/or 3D models are missing the toon is not drawn at all and appears transparent.
having such visual bug is always due to missing file in Character folders tree.

edit: regarding your additional question:

- the toon's skill definition (.\Character\Skill.sdata) (and the likely unused KillStatus.sdata) don't need to be include in an update, expect of course if you do change some skills; adding / changing gears never change skills.

- I saw some packages with the animations files (folders Character\<class>\ANI\). These files are also NOT needed when you add a gear set; indeed the animations are related to the toon definition (male or female, F/D or A/R or M/P) but the moves are identical whatever the equiped gears.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/27/2013, 13:43   #6

Complete Charakter Folder with kill sdata or without? then is a big update, by me is is ca 375 MB, is this right?
Old 02/27/2013, 16:07   #7

elite*gold: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by accuface35 View Post
Complete Charakter Folder with kill sdata or without? then is a big update, by me is is ca 375 MB, is this right?
without and it's right
Old 02/28/2013, 19:34   #8

my chars are invisible after patching the comlete character folder, the helmet can i see, the rest not, what have i do wrong?
Old 02/28/2013, 21:07   #9

elite*gold: 5
.mlt files like epvp saying this to you 100 times....