Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Runescape
You last visited: Today at 09:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

How to Keep your Account Safe

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post How to Keep your Account Safe

We love Runescape. Itís a great game and thereís always so much to do. Previously, and in the future, iíll write about many tips and tricks that youíll be a world-wide renowned player if you follow them all. However, there are people out there who are too lazy to do the work for themselves. Some of you reading this article may have had your Runescape account stolen by hackers and thieves. If youíre ever asked to participate in helping to steal Runescape passwords, please report it to Jagex immediately. Thereís no fun in getting accounts illegally, and itís morally wrong. Also, you could be liable for legal action if you do so.
We have to protect our accounts from these hacking teams and Iím going to list some ways you can protect yourself. Some of these things are obvious, others, not so muchÖ
1.) Donít ever tell someone your password. Nobody. Remember, they have your password already on their server, so why would they need to ask? The only person who would ask is someone stealing accounts.
2.) Your account will never be locked in 24 hours if you donít provide your password. Trust me. If RuneScape wants to ban you, they wonít wait 24 hours.
3.) Only login to Runescape on the official RuneScape site. The official site is runescape.com. Never follow a link to the site, because links can easily be faked by anyone. Check the address bar every time you play. Also, you should manually type in the URL in the address bar when you do play.
4.) Get an anti-virus software, even a free one. Not only will this protect your account, itíll protect your computer. i recommend *G Anti-Virus Free Edition.
5.) Get an anti-spyware program, even if it is free. We recommend Lavasoft Ad-Aware Free Edition. The reason for this is that hackers can use spyware to see what you type as your password on your computer.
6.) Get keylogger protection. Lavasoft does this, but if you can get a special program for preventing keyloggers, your PC will be a lot safer.
7.) Donít go for scams that say that they will give you tons of free items, or free gold. Donít go for the email scams either. Letís review the e-mail scam in detail. Hereís what an uninformed Runescape player might do.
Remember to stay safe while playing.
Read it all
Summoning, the skillers best friend yet lonely and ignored
How many of you chop trees with an Addy axe, how many mine with an Addy pick, or members who fight with a rune weapon when you can use the next level up, if you could get a rune harpoon that lets you catch fish faster would you use it or would you stick with the normal harpoon.
You don't need to answer that because I know if you can use the best item for a job unless it was prohibitively expensive you would use it, answer me this, why are 80% (guestimate) of Runescape players not taking advantage of a stat boost that is easily within your reach, people do quests for xp lamps and other items to help train stats but avoid a skill that is designed to give a good stat boost in almost every skill available.
When I was at the fishing colony there were about 20 players there, myself and another player had a granite lobster the rest did not have any familiars, using a granite crab gives a plus 1 fishing boost an Ibis gives a plus 3 fishing boost and a Granite Lobster gives a plus 4 fishing boost, you could liken this to a granite crab using an steel harpoon, an Ibis having an Addy harpoon and a Granite Lobster having a Rune harpoon, many of the fishers there were for 99 fishing so why they using a standard (effectively) harpoon, the only way to make money with summoning is to use the familiar, turning into shards or alching loses money, using a fishing familiar catches fish up to shark so not only do you get your fishing level boost you also get a good cash injection as well.
Itís the same with mining there are familiars starting with desert wyrm that offer a plus 1 mining boost to the Lava Titan that offers a plus 10 mining boost, how much more mining xp would you get if you were 10 levels higher, how much quicker would you mine that mith/rune/addy rock, used in conjunction with a rune pick you are effectively using a dragon and above pick axe.
Wood cutting is not so good but using a beaver will increase your woodcutting level by 2 and collects logs and planks, the foraging itself will pay for the items to make the familiar, with an extra couple of wc levels how much quicker will you be able to cut the next level of log, how much quicker to get to 99.
Combat, taking a familiar can increase the speed you kill a monster, this will in turn speed up your slayer task and make that illusive 85 slayer just that much quicker, If I take a lava Titan with me in the Chaos Tunnels I can hit a 43 with a whip my titan can hit a 12 and a 5 at the same time, that is effectively a hit of 60, that is the equivalent of a god sword without the expense, a lot quicker and more likely to hit, all the benefit of a GS without the drawback of being a pants weapon and at a fraction of the cost.
The only familiar that has been embraced by many is the Bunyip, this can save a lot of bank trips and makes using Guthans redundant, speeding up training and saving repair costs just by blowing food into your ear healing 2 in the process.
There are many other familiars that can help skills, I have mentioned but a few, use the Zybez site to see how they help you for each skill you wish to train, don't let ignorance hold you back, I never go out without a familiar I feel undressed without one, get into the habit of taking one with you and summoning will become inexpensive and training will be quicker.