Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 19:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is it your birthday? It must be

Discussion on Is it your birthday? It must be within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 04/27/2018, 17:26   #16

elite*gold: 0
Question is, did I give you permission to redistribute part of my source code?
Old 04/27/2018, 17:29   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Why you are so cheap , it just a very little code . You are worse person than me
Old 04/27/2018, 17:31   #18

Lal, get off my ***** pleb.
Old 04/27/2018, 17:45   #19

Fun part is if he knows what the code dose and how to use it its no longer your code its general c# coding language.

By your logic c# inventors should sue everyone for copyright or ***** to them about it.
Old 04/27/2018, 17:52   #20

Wow dreto, like always you show how little you know and how narrowminded you are. Every single line of sourcecode, as it gets written, is protected by that idividuals intellectual property, whether or not shipping with a respective license. Its absolutely irrelevant if you know how to use it or to know what it does, it doesnt change the fact of being someone elses code.

So, yea, part of it is indeed my code.

Your edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
By your logic c# inventors should sue everyone for copyright or ***** to them about it.
Yet again, you are laughable. There is an inherent difference between copying and reimplementing.

If you REIMPLEMENT a system of whatever kind you are mostly safe UNLESS the respective system is protected via a patent. In that case you would violate law.

If you COPY source code, even if you do small changes to it, its directly violating copyright AND intellectual property claims. Unless there is a concrete license to allow you copying AND usage AND editting, you will violate law. This aswell applies if there is no license available at all.

To enlighten you, code can be reused as long as there is a license which directly states that you are allowed to do so. For everything else you could INDEED be sued.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/27/2018, 18:18   #21

Quote:
Wasn't sure you cared about it, but as you are voicing your objection, I will remove it now. Cheers!
Old 04/27/2018, 18:21   #22

Nah man, sorry for derailing your thread there. I just expected you simply asking me to use it, and stuff would have been fine. Id have asked you in return to strip every single bit of the repacking logic, not just clearing out some lines, and stuff would have been fine.

You can surely use the unpacking logic, no probs, but please remove the remaining bits of the repacking stuff.
Old 04/27/2018, 18:23   #23

Quote:
Nah man, sorry for derailing your thread there. I just expected you simply asking me to use it, and stuff would have been fine. Id have asked you in return to strip every single bit of the repacking logic, not just clearing out some lines, and stuff would have been fine.

You can surely use the unpacking logic, no probs, but please remove the remaining bits of the repacking stuff.
I've taken down the repository and will re-upload with your reading parts as obfuscated and optimized binaries only. No source. I'll re-write for opensource later as one of the ongoing tasks using my own image management stuff (reading & converting gem/gels isn't very tough - just wanted to save a little work)

for others here, I've cleared the repository out of Github for now. I will update the 1st post when it is back.
Old 04/27/2018, 18:28   #24

As I said, just remove the repacking bits and just republish it as is. Will be fine with me.
Old 04/27/2018, 18:45   #25

Quote:
As I said, just remove the repacking bits and just republish it as is. Will be fine with me.
Afraid someone will crack the code behind your awesome tools that noone else has ?

(Sneek Peek)
(You wana inspect the code use iLSpy and have a look arround)
(Don't forget to remove this from your sell thread as people can get it for free)

Don't give in into hes bullshit mate if you wont do it il do it simple as that il repost your release to everyone to have.

He cant make you do something you built from ground.I don't give a **** if he made the code in fact i don't give a **** if its copy pasted just dont give into hes stupid satisfaction thinking he can simply take everything down using some words.

So i have reuploaded your first release.

Now keep up the good work.

Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2018, 18:59   #26

And yet again im laughing at your pitiful attempt trying to get at me dreto. As you may have noticed (or not, which you proved so well) it was never about taking his code down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Afraid someone will crack the code behind your awesome tools that noone else has ?
Sorry to disappoint you, but BinExcelator isnt even remotely close to what I have lying around here. Furthermore, every second nub got it for free from me with the knowledge of it getting leaked at some point. You arent the first to post it. :*

But take a close look dreto, thats a level youll never reach in your pitifull life.
Old 04/27/2018, 19:03   #27

No worries guys. I will handle it and republish in my own way. I was only trying to save myself a little coding, but it really is nothing I can't handle. My own method even ends up using less memory at the expense of some disk grinding.

Though there's not much to be done with archives taken before a couple hours ago beyond what I have already done. But be sure that the output parts of that code will bork horribly giving folks no idea what went wrong. The hashing and checksum bits are dummies and missing the magic numbers. The files will output, but the client will freak out.
Old 04/27/2018, 19:03   #28

Yeap it was about taking "your code" down so why care at all if i didnt get to you ?
Which is public domain now.

Why the trigger when someone releases something that you think its "YOURS"?

Seems im dooing something right.
Old 04/27/2018, 22:50   #29

RHSkillEditor has been republished with all output functionality and source to asdfRohan's component removed. That is now an optimized, reduced function 64-bit dll. The 1st post has the GitHub link for it.

Included the opensource component FreeImage in the source parts. Warning - mess with that at your peril. It can be pretty touchy. Use the DLLs as-is and you will be fine.

GEM and GEL handling code was completely reworked to remove asdfRohan's component. It no longer relies on his functions. As a result the following enhancements were made:

1. Huge reduction in processor, disk and memory usage. Previous version could not be used in a 32-bit environment and had to be compiled to use 64-bit only. This can easily handle use 32-bit systems (you will need to compile your own and use the 32-bit freeimage native dll).

2. A temporary work directory is no longer needed. The output skill jpeg files are emitted straight from gem (GEO) data to the target jpeg file.

3. Only the larger skill images are output reducing the number of files output by half. All skill images taken together now only occupy about 6.25mb on disk (a little under 1600 files)

4. The time needed to do this function dropped from several minutes to about 15 seconds.

5. Added some safety code here and there to help detect & handle fringe use cases.

A large change to the image importer has been released.

ALL GEM and GEL handling code was completely reworked to remove all traces of asdfRohan's component. It no longer relies on his functions. As a result the source has been included along with the following enhancements:

1. Huge reduction in processor, disk and memory usage. Previous version could not be used in a 32-bit environment and had to be compiled to use 64-bit only. This can easily handle use 32-bit systems (you will need to compile your own and use the 32-bit freeimage native dll).

2. A temporary work directory is no longer needed. The output skill jpeg files are emitted straight from gem (GEO) data to the target jpeg file.

3. Only the larger skill images are output reducing the number of files output by half. All skill images taken together now only occupy about 6.25mb on disk (a little under 1600 files)

4. The time needed to do this function dropped from several minutes to about 15 seconds.

5. Added some safety code here and there to help detect & handle fringe use cases.

If you have taken a copy of this repository that uses asdfRohan's component in either source or binary form, you would be advised to use this release instead. It is an order of magnitude faster and slimmer since it is tailored to meet the needs of this editor only rather than being a general purpose Rohan archive packer/unpacker.
Old 04/28/2018, 19:05   #30

Hopefuly, we would see the Skill possition swap function working soon, ive been looking for something like this for very long time to work with and experiment