Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 20:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Looking for a 99 cap Rohan P.Server

Discussion on Looking for a 99 cap Rohan P.Server within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 05/22/2018, 22:02   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalistix View Post
Is there any out there?

99 cap
No crafting
Half Elf, Elf, Dark Elf, Dekan, Dhan, Human only

Mid to High rate.
I agree to a certain degree, but there are a few main problems.

1. No developers are dedicated enough to go for a Classic Vanilla server.

2. The 99-files have serious security issues, and would have to be modified from Hero files. Few devs are willing to do this.

3. Developers only care about a quick cash-grab, and most are severely autistic and incompetent.

4. There is no professionalism or code of honor in this community. Every server will end up with GM's spawning items for friends and cheating. Don't waste your time and money.

5. Developers who promise a "classic 99"-experience go overboard with their "creativeness", and end up making a completely custom server that makes no sense, or had any planning whatsoever, which for me, completely kills the rohan spirit and feeling.

6. The Devs in this community have so little self-confidence, that if their player numbers fall a little bit, they give up, ragequit and delete the server. They do not understand that many will wait to see if the servers will be kept up regardless before they care to invest their time. If a server is kept up unconditionally, PLAYERS WILL COME.

7. Last but not least; Most true Fans are in their mid-20 to late 30s now, and have moved on. The few of us who are left are sick of getting assfucked by ****** devs with no passion for the game.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/22/2018, 22:55   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Hitagi View Post
I agree to a certain degree, but there are a few main problems.

1. No developers are dedicated enough to go for a Classic Vanilla server.

2. The 99-files have serious security issues, and would have to be modified from Hero files. Few devs are willing to do this.

3. Developers only care about a quick cash-grab, and most are severely autistic and incompetent.

4. There is no professionalism or code of honor in this community. Every server will end up with GM's spawning items for friends and cheating. Don't waste your time and money.

5. Developers who promise a "classic 99"-experience go overboard with their "creativeness", and end up making a completely custom server that makes no sense, or had any planning whatsoever, which for me, completely kills the rohan spirit and feeling.

6. The Devs in this community have so little self-confidence, that if their player numbers fall a little bit, they give up, ragequit and delete the server. They do not understand that many will wait to see if the servers will be kept up regardless before they care to invest their time. If a server is kept up unconditionally, PLAYERS WILL COME.

7. Last but not least; Most true Fans are in their mid-20 to late 30s now, and have moved on. The few of us who are left are sick of getting assfucked by ****** devs with no passion for the game.
Have you ever worked for free ?
Old 05/23/2018, 01:31   #18

Everyone loves the old one. The problem is players are scattered everywhere because there are many servers online out there. Even if there is a level 99 server that will open right now, it will only accumulate maybe 100 players or less. It all depends on how you advertise.

Good example would be the server that opened last January I think, it is named Rohan SEA (). They have a real level 99 files. The Silva looks different. The merged inventory looks different. There is no giant on character creation screen, etc.

I played it and quit after some weeks. Why? Because there are only at least 30 players on it I think. It was a chain reaction. You don't advertise your server well before opening, you'll only gather some players. Then some players will be bored because there are only few players they can play with. The market is also not good because of this because there are only few farmers.
Old 05/23/2018, 08:31   #19

Rohan SEA didnt actualy open at all and its not a private server is an official branch of the Playwith company it opens this month on 30.

Old 05/23/2018, 13:21   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Rohan SEA didnt actualy open at all and its not a private server is an official branch of the Playwith company it opens this month on 30.

True! I confirmed it on ROHAN BF Official Facebook Page. Hope it will become a good server atm xd
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2018, 15:35   #21

Something that will end up like origin ,gl
Old 05/23/2018, 16:36   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyancallo View Post
Everyone loves the old one. The problem is players are scattered everywhere because there are many servers online out there. Even if there is a level 99 server that will open right now, it will only accumulate maybe 100 players or less. It all depends on how you advertise.
Not "Everyone". I don't and if I don't then it is not "Everyone" because I am part of that group Many like to start off in a lvl 99 server. Once they reach that lvl 99, they realize that it is a dead end and either leave or wait for that server to inevitably evolve into a "Hero 3" server. Boredom sucks but it happens often on these "oldshcool" 99 servers. As the player base drops below 30, the server operator ends up having to pay for the server out of their own pocket. That is when it closes because no server owner wants to do that for any length of time.
Old 05/23/2018, 17:45   #23

I prefer 9 towers TSB from 99 servers,nothing else,i like new skills that came up... just 9 towers tsb was 1 hr(i think,not sure ) ,more pvp,more fun.Now every pserver has 3 towers and all u see is hit and summon .TSB become boring
Old 05/23/2018, 21:30   #24

Quote:
Have you ever worked for free ?
Of course I have, it's called being passionate about something to a degree where money doesn't matter. A hobby, ever heard of it?

I've played music and in bands most of my life, and never asked a dime for it. Always played for fun because I loved it.
If you think you deserve money for everything you do, you must be one miserable cuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Not "Everyone". I don't and if I don't then it is not "Everyone" because I am part of that group Many like to start off in a lvl 99 server. Once they reach that lvl 99, they realize that it is a dead end and either leave or wait for that server to inevitably evolve into a "Hero 3" server. Boredom sucks but it happens often on these "oldshcool" 99 servers. As the player base drops below 30, the server operator ends up having to pay for the server out of their own pocket. That is when it closes because no server owner wants to do that for any length of time.
Can we please stop this "pay for the server out of their own pocket"-meme?
Hosting a rohan server is cheap as fuck.

Gtfo
Old 05/23/2018, 22:04   #25

Quote:
Hosting a rohan server is cheap as ****.

Gtfo
I've paid the bill to host a pserver. I know exactly what it costs. It ain't that cheap if you want it protected from dmca, ddos and have a enough power to handle up to 500 players. Only morons would develop on their live pserver so there's the dev servers that you gotta have for you and your team to work on so everything is doubled up. And if you are smart the web goes on a third server which you have to (you guessed it) pay for.

Why would I have a pserver out there, and all the infrastructure to support it when it is is losing money? Why would I want to pay for you to play on my server? What do I get out of it? If I have 30 indos farming on hks and afk selling in GH, they are not donating very much at all.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/23/2018, 22:04   #26

Quote:
Of course I have, it's called being passionate about something to a degree where money doesn't matter. A hobby, ever heard of it?

I've played music and in bands most of my life, and never asked a dime for it. Always played for fun because I loved it.
If you think you deserve money for everything you do, you must be one miserable cuck.

Hosting a rohan server is cheap as ****.

Gtfo
As for what ive done ive setup and did more servers for people for free then you have brain cells.

Well then dont complain if the server is bad or if the server closes cuz there are no money they do it as a hobby and some don't get paid and by default if they dont want that hobby anymore then they are not obligated to do it noone has to like your hobby or my hobby or anyone elses hobby.

So unless you know for 1000000% that everyone at your pity music party's liked the music then shut up and learn how things work.

Noone is obligated to keep up a server funny enough not even irohan kept origin alive without players / income so GTFO this forum and don't just insult me for asking you a simple question.
Old 05/24/2018, 15:56   #27

Quote:
I've paid the bill to host a pserver. I know exactly what it costs. It ain't that cheap if you want it protected from dmca, ddos and have a enough power to handle up to 500 players. Only morons would develop on their live pserver so there's the dev servers that you gotta have for you and your team to work on so everything is doubled up. And if you are smart the web goes on a third server which you have to (you guessed it) pay for.

Why would I have a pserver out there, and all the infrastructure to support it when it is is losing money? Why would I want to pay for you to play on my server? What do I get out of it? If I have 30 indos farming on hks and afk selling in GH, they are not donating very much at all.
"Me-me-me"-culture.
You answered your own question, dont run a server. Let people who care about more than money do it.

Quote:
As for what ive done ive setup and did more servers for people for free then you have brain cells.

Well then dont complain if the server is bad or if the server closes cuz there are no money they do it as a hobby and some don't get paid and by default if they dont want that hobby anymore then they are not obligated to do it noone has to like your hobby or my hobby or anyone elses hobby.

So unless you know for 1000000% that everyone at your pity music party's liked the music then shut up and learn how things work.
~Irrelevant

Noone is obligated to keep up a server funny enough not even irohan kept origin alive without players / income so GTFO this forum and don't just insult me for asking you a simple question.
Wow-wow, bad boy. Get off your high horse and tell me what this is all about son. You keep saying no one is obligated to keep a server up, but I have no clue where you got the idea that I said anything remotely close to that.

Based on your signature, you seem to be retired. How about you actually follow up on that?
Old 05/24/2018, 16:51   #28

Quote:
"Me-me-me"-culture.
You answered your own question, dont run a server. Let people who care about more than money do it.
An answer that a Rohan player would give You realize that a pserver owner playing own his own server is a really stupid thing to do, right? Nothing, and I mean nothing will drive players away faster than finding out the server owner/dev/GM is playing against them on an alt.

You are also aware that the main reason to open a pserver in the first place is to make some money from it. Love of the game only takes you so far that by the time the honeymoon ends and your players get bored and walk away you start asking yourself "What For?". Show me one pserver, just one, that the owners run on a deficit for more than a couple months as the server bills pile up. As hard as it is for your to hear nobody wants to do that. Only in the world of rainbows and unicorns does a server like that exist. In the real world if it can't at least break even, it closes. Harsh, but nevertheless a fact.

But hey, you apparently feel that running a server should be at your own expense, so why not try it. Let's see how long your love affair with that server lasts before you get tired of hemorrhaging money when your players peter away and you kill it. Reality sucks but there it is.

Bottom line is that there is always some "Me Me Me" in the equation. That's just the way the real world works.
Old 05/24/2018, 17:08   #29

Quote:
An answer that a Rohan player would give ???? You realize that a pserver owner playing own his own server is a really stupid thing to do, right? Nothing, and I mean nothing will drive players away faster than finding out the server owner/dev/GM is playing against them on an alt.
Let's be realistic here, I think everyone knows that the GM will play in most cases. It doesn't really matter as long as he doesnt gear other players, and doesn't break the balance.

Quote:
You are also aware that the main reason to open a pserver in the first place is to make some money from it. Love of the game only takes you so far that by the time the honeymoon ends and your players get bored and walk away you start asking yourself "What For?". Show me one pserver, just one, that the owners run on a deficit, As hard as it is for your to hear and in nobody wants to do that. Only in the world of rainbows and unicorns does a server like that exist. In the real world if it can't at least break even, it closes. Harsh but it is a fact.
No, that's your reason. I have a job, and I am a person who doesn't care too much about money. I have values that exceed a quick cash grab.
You pay to have fun in all aspects of life, don't expect to make a profit while having fun.

I never said a server should be 100% free either, making money is OK!, calm your soy-tits. The issue with Rohan private servers is that greed is a major factor in what has killed previous servers. If it's your sole reason for making a server you should definitely do something else imo.
I simply told you to stop meme'ing about running a server breaking your bank.

Quote:
But hey, you apparently feel that running a server should be at your own expense, so why not try it. Let's see how long your love affair with that server lasts before you get tired of hemorrhaging money and kill it.
I would set up a server, if I had everything in place.
There are also people I would like to set it up with, but most of them have different ideas for what it should be like.
Old 05/24/2018, 17:23   #30

Try US unmanaged dedicated server . they offer around 50$ monthly , with SSD and 24GB rams with window server operating system . you can use your own license or you wont need that just for rohan server