Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 08:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rohan Skill Adjustments

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
anyone who thinks that editing bin is more than a band aid didnt see ynk's stat calculations ;D
Trying to fix the game by editing only the bins alone is like trying to plug Niagara Falls with a sticking plaster.

Old   #17

I would say it was like trying to stop a period with a band-aid.

No matter how you stick it on, you will end up with a real mess.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Like most bins you have to do a bit of cross referencing. You will find the skill ID# in skill.bin and the details (%'s, cooldown etc.) in skilllevel.bin.

Skilllevel.bin editing is simply for editing the attribute values but not the attribute types (i.e. str instead of dex). Skill.bin can edit the skill type (i.e. self-buff, party buff etc.) but I think this is extremely buggy and can't be completed properly using skill.bin alone. The vast majority of the skill functions are hard coded into the client.

I'm actually not very competent at advanced skill editing because I don't have the programming knowledge needed. I've had to settle with skilllevel.bin edits but for the vast majority of the time this is all I've needed to do to achieve my goals.
Thanks for the info!

Yup, me too, I don't have any knowledge about programming. Haha. I'll try to edit bins and then maybe try to learn how to do something more advance after mastering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
I would not recomend structorian since it has a limit on the rows it reads and if you have more rows then it reads either you know how to edit the template to get the full rows or you can do what i do edit the skills via HEX editor.

You might be like "What are this hieroglyphics" at start but if you insist long enough you wont even need editors only for mass edits. Like copy pasting 300 rows.

Once you understand how bins work in hex you will discover alot of stuff paterns etc.
You will see rohan files in a different perspective.
The last paragraph gives me hope. I wanted to ask: is there any specific hex editor software or there is just only one hex editor? I'll take the hex editing as a challenge for myself. Thanks also for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
I would say it was like trying to stop a period with a band-aid.

No matter how you stick it on, you will end up with a real mess.
Comparison level: 9999999 HAHAHA!
Old   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyancallo View Post

... I wanted to ask: is there any specific hex editor software or there is just only one hex editor? I'll take the hex editing as a challenge for myself.
101 Editor. It's not free but my fave for hex file mapping. Way better than structorian.

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty you can fix structorians limitations since the source code for it is available.

One day if I feel ambitious I will map out the object and cross entity models for the bins ( tho I'm sure Yurneroo has most of this done in his tool suite). I've been trying to come up with some projects to keep my mind from turning to mush.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
101 Editor. It's not free but my fave for hex file mapping. Way better than structorian.

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty you can fix structorians limitations since the source code for it is available.

One day if I feel ambitious I will map out the object and cross entity models for the bins ( tho I'm sure Yurneroo has most of this done in his tool suite). I've been trying to come up with some projects to keep my mind from turning to mush.
I'll try to find a free one since I'm just practicing. Thanks for recommending 101 Editor. I'll look into it soon!

Too bad even if I want to try to fix the limitations of structorian. I have 0 knowledge about how to do it. Maybe next time. Hehe.
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyancallo View Post
Thanks for the info!

The last paragraph gives me hope. I wanted to ask: is there any specific hex editor software or there is just only one hex editor? I'll take the hex editing as a challenge for myself. Thanks also for the info.
I presonaly use xvi32 since it offers a fast way to view the data table for each byte.
Old   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
I presonaly use xvi32 since it offers a fast way to view the data table for each byte.
I'll try to search for that on our term break. Hehe.
Old   #23

Hello! I now know how to edit skills in structorian. Yehey! Haha! The problem is that, I can't seem to find a specific skill quickly. I must first go to skill.bin and check its nKind and then go back to skilllevel.bin to look for that number manually which is hard because there are so many numbers.

I want to learn now how to jump from one skill to another. Can somebody help me? Someone told me to use this 010 editor and I think it can be done here.
Old   #24

On structorian Skilllevel.bin right click on left side tab and select create global table view
then click on the left side of the tab and press Ctrl+f type in the skill id and voila :P
Thanks
1 User
Old   #25

Nothing happens when I try to create global table view on skilllevel. Nothing appears on the right.

Old   #26

do not edit skilllevel with strs
specially WFFS skill .
use 010 editor or something similiar
search for the template on this forum
Old   #27

or better yet, use a tool designed to edit skills.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #28

Forgot to bump this. It's okay now. I'll just stick to Structorian since I'm just starting. Thanks, guys!