Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 02:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Map Server Crash Attack hmmmmmm.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile Map Server Crash Attack hmmmmmm.

I think all people should not be arrogant, but why is there a greater Developer, but he is very arrogant, let us compete with the healthy way, I always ask, how do I fix the map server crashes and flood affected by bad people. Often missed by those that are in elitepvpers, with their answers were very silly and demeaning. Please I want to know how to fix the map server crashes, thank you good people.

Old   #2

Hell no. If you do not have the skillset to fix it yourself, why should you be allowed to run a rohan server at all? It just proofs who is capable of running a server and whos not.

Thanks
4 Users
Old   #3

Breakpoint in olly on the packet and see where it crashes, all of them will crash accessing from cplayer class object if i recall correctly. There are many ways to fix it.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Hell no. If you do not have the skillset to fix it yourself, why should you be allowed to run a rohan server at all? It just proofs who is capable of running a server and whos not.
There's so much truth in this and it's nothing to do with people being nasty or unhelpful.

The Rohan pserver community has been destroyed by people who don't know what they're doing opening servers. This means that the players have had to put up with low quality servers that crash and close within a few weeks at most.

Too many of you ask for your hands to be held all the way through the server setup and running process instead of just needing a bit of a push in the right direction, which would be fair enough - having the knowledge of what to do and how to fix things but not quite where to find it for example. You don't have a ***-given right to be able to open a server just because you want to. You don't have some kind of privilege whereby you think everyone should help you because you have a problem you can't fix.

I have no programming knowledge so I'll never be able to run a server on my own and I'll never attempt to do so. I won't go around begging for information on how to do something that I'm not normally capable of. Instead I'll work with people who do have the relevant skills, let them do what they do best and add my skills to the mix.

/endrant

Thanks
4 Users
Old   #5

meh in this case if you plan to "fix" it only by yourself you would have to record incoming packets and see what's wrong which requires running a more or less public server in the first place.

edit: or actually never mind you can do it by yourself only knowing that it's a packet "attack" XD
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
There's so much truth in this and it's nothing to do with people being nasty or unhelpful.

The Rohan pserver community has been destroyed by people who don't know what they're doing opening servers. This means that the players have had to put up with low quality servers that crash and close within a few weeks at most.

Too many of you ask for your hands to be held all the way through the server setup and running process instead of just needing a bit of a push in the right direction, which would be fair enough - having the knowledge of what to do and how to fix things but not quite where to find it for example. You don't have a god-given right to be able to open a server just because you want to. You don't have some kind of privilege whereby you think everyone should help you because you have a problem you can't fix.

I have no programming knowledge so I'll never be able to run a server on my own and I'll never attempt to do so. I won't go around begging for information on how to do something that I'm not normally capable of. Instead I'll work with people who do have the relevant skills, let them do what they do best and add my skills to the mix.

/endrant

Perfect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
meh in this case if you plan to "fix" it only by yourself you would have to record incoming packets and see what's wrong which requires running a more or less public server in the first place.

edit: or actually never mind you can do it by yourself only knowing that it's a packet "attack" XD
In other words sniffer, identifying the package "X" Cuts connection, however requires much processing (depending on your current traffic). A good packet filtering would resolve.. I have another method somewhat different but functional. But since it's something private, I have no interest in publishing.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #7

shut up kiddos,just shutdown your server and continues your school !
Old   #8

Some mapid files has ransome-ware virus.
Becareful.

Tags
xff124