Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 19:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Server concept

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Don't quote me as anything official for any server I work on but I don't want any player to spend more than $15 a month on things like 7's!

It's always a difficult balance between necessary income and balancing p2w. The biggest barrier is making things really accessible for everyone without destroying the need for money to keep the server going.

You might not remember the original Xor (zRohan) when it launched with its IM but if it wasn't for us GMs at the time, many of the items would have been double the price.I hope I can have such an influence in the future.
Isn't so much the $ i spend on official server.It's all the characters that i have that really need the lvl 7's to basically play the game.More like the thought of they'er greed is what get's me.And nice to know the prices well be better once ya'll's none.Means more characters for me

Again thanks ahead of time for all ya'll's hard work

Old   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
It's a difficult balance. As zzz stated, a server like this would be unsustainable from a financial perspective, not just to make money from but simply paying the bills to keep it going. You just cannot rely on goodwill donations because those will never be enough.

From a player's perspective (yes I'm a player too), good PvP is something that keeps a server alive. However, having attainable goals and something that players can work towards is also something that keeps a server and its playerbase alive and engaged.

If all you crave is nothing but full-geared PvP then your time in this game has reached the ultimate stage of boredom. You're turning an MMORPG into nothing but a free for all multiplayer game, it just isn't Rohan. I understand why you'd want that but then it's down to the "devs" out there to make a Rohan server that gives you a full MMORPG experience and keep you engaged all the way.

I'm not hating on you for suggesting your idea, it's understandable given how things have gone over the last couple of years. Unfortunately it's not really the answer to anything in my opinion though.
I'm aware of that and i'm not mad, i made this thread to hear any suggestions/opinions about it, and as far as it goes atm it gives me only one thing to do - test it out.

As i said, each time the server will be wiped, you'll play with something new - new items, skill changes, so i would'n say that you need to grind 24/7 (allthough i said there will be high drop and exp). The point is if it would be populated. As long as it will be populated by enough number of players - it will prosper, but that would be possible 2-3 years a go, when the pservers scene wasn't dead so bad.

That's only an idea, prob it won't come out cuz it will take me alone to much time to release it, but if i do manage to do tht, i'll test it out on my pc at first so i won't endup bankrupt.

Thanks
1 User