Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 02:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Anyone interested in

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Anyone interested in

Playing a Copy of Xor ?
Same everything except new name and team ( partially )

Level 120 cap
Jubas updated to have Lacks
Glacial Weapons and Armor but no Heroic power or hero skill
Bounty system

If you played Xor you know what Im referring to and its s1 files not s2 where they added hero skill and all that

Currently in talks about possibly dusting off the original pserver files and seeing how well it will do in todays scene of pservers everywhere.

Give me some feedback on this idea.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoOne View Post
Playing a Copy of Xor ?
Same everything except new name and team ( partially )

Level 120 cap
Jubas updated to have Lacks
Glacial Weapons and Armor but no Heroic power or hero skill
Bounty system

If you played Xor you know what Im referring to and its s1 files not s2 where they added hero skill and all that

Currently in talks about possibly dusting off the original pserver files and seeing how well it will do in todays scene of pservers everywhere.

Give me some feedback on this idea.
Any name for that server? Cuz id like to play one.

Old   #3

Its just in the discussion phase bud. Work hasn't begun I wanted to toss some feelers out and see what kind of response I got to see if theres any interest in working on it lol.
Old   #4

Quote:
Its just in the discussion phase bud. Work hasn't begun I wanted to toss some feelers out and see what kind of response I got to see if theres any interest in working on it lol.
Not sure anyone will be intrested on making the files or if anyone has them anymore. But i would like to help if it would mean a nice server.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Let me fix MAPID.exe Rohan LV 115.
Old   #6

I find it interesting that.
Moreeeeee.....
It's a shame that you are Epic Gaming Staff. Epic server is pay2win. For this factor, and GM help your friends I am not in favor.
- Pass well
Old   #7

My title has nothing to do with any rohan server or any server or company at all
I just typed out Epic Gaming Staff as in im an epic staff member for gaming.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #8

elite*gold: 110
I'd like to see a server like this.
If i may make a suggestion... Please don't fail like every other private server so far and make boss drops the only good source of accessories because if it is like this then your server will also have 1xx players and everyone else will join another server.

5 servers up.. all have about 100-150 online..
Do the math guys.. the rohan community is not dead, they're just waiting for a server where everyone can get strong not based on boss drops alone and crafting is boring to 90% of the community.
Old   #9

Anyone who remembers Xor knows the boss drops and crafting were the only options.
Old   #10

I'm just going to throw some suggestions out there that may help pull the entire rohan community to 1 server and not be pay to win :-D.

1. Scrolls.
All In-game, IM Scrolls should boost stats instead of melee, magic, ranged, etc.
(In-game scrolls are limited to 5%-10%) (20% is IM only)
Example : Stacking scrolls 20% boost to strength, 20% boost to Int, 20% boost to vit, 20% boost to agi, 20% boost to Psyche, 20% boost to Dexterity, 20% boost to all stats, (those are the only scrolls allowed) It may seem OP, but I've tested iton my local and it offers more balance play rather than pure 20% melee, magic, hp, etc...

2. Accessories.
Accessories should be farmed via Boss hunting, Questions, Dungeon Raiding, Crafting, etc. Make it more accessible so players don't quit when they can't be strong.
(this is the most important part.. People quit because 30 people are strong and remain strong and everyone else is just food for pvp(said this already) )
a. Make use of the Quests in Blazing Temple so players can quest for good rings (do not make those rings useless or it's pointless)
b. Double the reward from Gathering Nodes so players don't go out of their mind with boredom.
c. Make boss drops in ele dungeon the best type of boss drop but with a low drop rate, any player can acquire as you do not have to worry about PvP and it's once a day(remove the reset ele dungeon scroll).. This way, no one can complain about not being able to get the best rings to contest tsb.
d. Boss-Hunting. Lower bosses hp so it doesn't take 3-4 hours to do 1 boss...This is an ancient type of boss-hunting back when no one had jobs or wives/girlfriends or a life..
Make bosses more diversified using Dreto's Idea about giving mobs the ability to stun, silence, push back, steal buffs, etc.. (yes i'm using ur name dreto :P )

3. Armor / Weapons
I've put a lot of thought into this one and i think Ish's idea about the current forge system is true.. it really sucks.. Farm for hours and hope to succeed in forge..

I believe that when farming.. All armors and weapons up to Uniques should drop with random useful stats.
a. When farming a level 2x-3x area like Ahkma cave.. Rares - Uniques should drop for that level and when farming 2x-3x Bosses.. Ancients should drop for that level.
b. When farming a level 5x-6x area like Rohan, Spire, etc Rares - Uniques should drop for that level and when arming 5x-6x bosses like in Black Dragon Sanctuary or Caronia's Tomb, Ancients should drop for those bosses..
c. Same goes for 7x-8x and Bosses..
d. Same goes for 9x mobs and bosses..
e. Ele Dungeon can also make really good use for getting armors and weapons from Easy, Moderate, Superior (not sure how it goes, i haven't done much ele dungeon)
f. You can also use IP Tickets to buy Rare - Unique armors with max pdef/mdef (IP tickets should also drop from all mobs, even if it's a low drop rate.
Some of you may agree but some of you may not.. In all the good mmo's out there, all characters walk around with the same armor, weapons and accessories and the pvp / victory is dependent on their skill level.. Not their pocket...

At least this way when farming bosses your not just looking for accessories and giving it all to the templars.. You're looking for accessories tailored to certain Classes and weapons / armors to progress in the game.
With the current system rohan offers right now, you'll have 100 + people on the server and everyone else who can't get boss drops because they play more casual will fall behind and the server will never grow as more keep quitting and joining for that reason, then the big guilds get bored because there is no one new to challenge them and they quit.

I'll end it here, love to hear the feed back Mr.Epic Gamer

Quote:
Anyone who remembers Xor knows the boss drops and crafting were the only options.
Xor was only good because of 2 things...
1. No hero skills
2. Only p.server out at the time, players had no choice but to join it.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #11

All that sounds well and good.

Putting myself in the role of the server owner:

What in there is making it worthwhile for me to create a server with all that. Where is the payback? Looks to me like I am giving away everything and giving people no reason to donate to help keep my server running. Sure there is going to be a couple people that will push a couple bucks my way out of the goodness of their heart but we all see players that want to play as cheap as possible - or completely free.

pay2win aside, the only way I can see of getting folks to donate is to give them a reason to for instance 100% ses/ases, better scrolls and seals, decent costumes, etc. If I am giving that away ingame, people won't donate on a regular basis and those that donate without expecting a return will only do so irregularity as their whim decides. Servers don't survive very long that way.
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
All that sounds well and good.

Putting myself in the role of the server owner:

What in there is making it worthwhile for me to create a server with all that. Where is the payback? Looks to me like I am giving away everything and giving people no reason to donate to help keep my server running. Sure there is going to be a couple people that will push a couple bucks my way out of the goodness of their heart but we all see players that want to play as cheap as possible - or completely free.

pay2win aside, the only way I can see of getting folks to donate is to give them a reason to for instance 100% ses/ases, better scrolls and seals, decent costumes, etc. If I am giving that away ingame, people won't donate on a regular basis and those that donate without expecting a return will only do so irregularity as their whim decides. Servers don't survive very long that way.
Thanks for your contribution ^_^

I'd like to add that the IM will consist of all pets apart from Monkey and Bunny as those are the only 2 pets that do not boost any classes and the only ones that will be available for crone.
The IM will also consist of Stat scrolls from 10% - 20% (20% boost to Strength,etc).. Costumes that give set effects like hp/mp boost, Physical Damage/Physical Defense boost, Magical Damage/Magical Defense boost, Ranged Damage boost, Physical Defense Boost.
Guild Stones X100. Soul Of Pride X10
Ases for 100 points
Ses for 300 points
Ases Package 5 for 400 points ( buy 4 get 1 free )
Bronze Package - 7 day lucky stone, 7 day 100% party & solo seal.
Silver Package - 15 day lucky stone, 15 day 100% Party & Solo Seal.
Gold Package - 30 day Lucky stone, 30 day 100% Party & solo seal.
Platinum Package - 60 day lucky stone, 60 day 100% party & solo seal.
Soldier's Package - 5 Strength, Dex, Vit, Int, Psy, agi scrolls 20% + 20 All stat Talisman(30 days).
General's Package - 10 Strength, Dex, Vit, Int, Psy, agi scrolls 20% + 30 All stat Talisman(30 days)
Commander's Package - 20 Strength, Dex, Vit, Int, Psy, agi Scrolls 20% + 45 all stat Talisman(30 days)

This is obviously just my suggestion... None of the above will make any doners insanely stronger.
The fact that characters will have the same end-game gear.. Doners will only have slight advantage which is the way it should be.. But any true gamer will take all the advantage they can (i know i would)
Thanks
1 User
Old   #13

Some good ideas there Greg.

My view was to offer alot of content in game such as IM.
Lets just say im gonna do 10% in game and 20% in item mall/ip shop, that way players can still get 20%'s by farming ip OR donating.
As far as the forging and all, I think that wont be an issue seeing as you'll be able to buy pres stones with crone/ip in game same as options.

Im thinking the item mall will only be for those players who want to gain things easily and without putting in effort but you can 100% play for free and achieve everything a donator could but at a much slower pace is all.

Im taking opinions and ideas into consideration so dont just think oh this is just another server thats not going to be any different.
Im a player of this game way before I thought about deving and hosting/owning, so I will make sure its a players game and not just a pay2win.

Greg get your *** on raidcall more often btw
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #14

make this server already
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekevs View Post
make this server already
Not sure you got it right but this is an "Idea for a server thread" not an "Server Thread"