Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 07:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Rohan Buildings

Discussion on Rohan Buildings within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 04/30/2015, 18:13   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
Unity ?
If im not mistaken he has taken the scripts from that old xentax forum and changed it to work on unity and yes thats unity game engine not that i saw a real save or build or construct or whatever the f....k its called.
Old 04/30/2015, 19:19   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
my being banned was a misunderstanding that I got straight with the staff here. not sure what point you are making there.

im just saying all those cool tools and a team of devs that can use them and your server is not open for more than 6 months. and i don't see your internal development stage. all i see is your lifeless forums that you guys only bother to comment in when someone pokes at you and a bunch of promises 'real soon now'.

just calling it like i see it and im not seeing much but you posting images of your cool tools and slagging people for using cut/paste in text files sir <3
Well, you were banned for a reason.
Either way, like I said, your toolset can be the most greatest ones, it'll still need time to develop huge content. Our server not being open yet has nothing todo with all those things you imply, but rather that we simply not feel its perfect yet. Its our choice how we handle things.
As a sidenote, why are you trying to pull this offtopic with our server? This thread was clearly about toolsets... Feels like you want a ban again.

Quote:
Unity ?
Yep, Unity. Its my playground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
If im not mistaken he has taken the scripts from that old xentax forum and changed it to work on unity and yes thats unity game engine not that i saw a real save or build or construct or whatever the f....k its called.
AHAHAHAHA. Yea for sure... Considering the "scripts" as you call them from xentax are non working. The formats over there are flawed and overly incorrect.

Furthermore, save/build/construct? So you are saying im able to import maps with all their content from a to z, even with all those nice things noone around here knows about but at the same time you want to tell me im not able to save them back? Like for real?

Sir, its a shame that you are trying to sell your "skills". I really have to quote that word since I would suggest everyone to get a more skilled and capable person to do their edits.
Old 04/30/2015, 19:37   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
Either way, like I said, your toolset can be the most greatest ones, it'll still need time to develop huge content. Our server not being open yet has nothing todo with all those things you imply, but rather that we simply not feel its perfect yet. Its our choice how we handle things.
As a sidenote, why are you trying to pull this offtopic with our server? This thread was clearly about toolsets... Feels like you want a ban again.
I was and pointed out the mistake to the staff who agreed with me. case closed. it doesn't concern you.

actually this thread has nothing to do with toolsets and certainly not yours. I get that you want to brag about your stuff, but be practical.

nobody can use it but your team so posting about it is nothing more than bragging. I am simply deflating your ego a bit by rubbing your nose in the fact that despite all your great and wonderful tools, your server is still down.

What good is the prettiest tools in the world if you can't get your site open in less time than it takes some random asian to patch a one-month wonder server together?

for the rest of us mortals, excel and wordpad are just fine for editing this stuff and works just as fast as that pretty tool of yours.
Old 04/30/2015, 19:46   #19

Yea and our server and/or the fact of the tool being internal is nothing of your business either...

Furtermore, its nice that you like excel and text editors so much, im fine with you being in a relationship with them. I prefer my toolset, and yes, its about magnitudes faster to change stuff with it. If you really think that excel and co could really be faster than such a huge map editor, you must be way more stupid than I initally thought.

Either way, do you really want to compare random cookie cutter asian servers with ours? Like for real?

As of "deflating" my ego, feel free to try on, wannabe.
Old 04/30/2015, 20:15   #20

Sorry for starting the shitstorm, imo it just feels difficult and very time consuming to set up huge amount of content by copy pasting in a text editor :s
Old 04/30/2015, 22:34   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post

Yep, Unity. Its my playground.

AHAHAHAHA. Yea for sure... Considering the "scripts" as you call them from xentax are non working. The formats over there are flawed and overly incorrect.

Furthermore, save/build/construct? So you are saying im able to import maps with all their content from a to z, even with all those nice things noone around here knows about but at the same time you want to tell me im not able to save them back? Like for real?

Sir, its a shame that you are trying to sell your "skills". I really have to quote that word since I would suggest everyone to get a more skilled and capable person to do their edits.
No offence but in 3 months work i havent seen you making any progress your so called cbt server noone knows anything about it yet you say that people play it mhmh next you come with the same comment since like 1 year ago when you first tryed to build that Unity Rohan "Soon we are making progress all i see you dooing no progress showing same pictures of outside game stuff like that guy ammabr.......... said "PHOTOSHOP" you wana prove you can do stuff show people some real ingame footage or just dont talk about it" Next think my so called skills did more progress then your server did in 1 year again all i see from you are old images of tools that people allready shared and nothing new. Wana come with something new put a god damn building in the middle of nothing and then show a prnt screen from INGAME and not from Unity cuz showing images from unity dose not prove that you can save or import them back into the files.

You think you are that BIG BAD ASS Developer i havent seen anyone saying man Rohan 2.0 has made alot of progress. Or your so called Rohan2.0 Thread beeing updated with anything new. Since Ishtaria left your team no updates no nothing witch proves he was dooing all the work.And dont come to me with the bullshit "Real Life takes my time" cuz i see you spend as much time on this forum as i do and i basicly do nothing all day watching movies gooing for food and gooing to sleep.

No offence but unless you have some progress ingame to show im gonna ask you to not post anymore on this Thread.

Old 04/30/2015, 23:57   #22

No need for all the hate.

Penelope's tools and server will be very proprietary - that is only his server will have those kinds of updates and tools and they will be very difficult to replicate. On the downside he has his own very specific way of doing things and his own roadmap which I don't personally think will work, players won't like it.

We all hate the indo way of doing things and all these new one month servers popping up just reinforce our hate even more. So why are we hating on non-indo devs too? It might help if the "I'm better than you because I can do this" attitude was given a rest once in a while.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/01/2015, 00:11   #23

Back to the topic, what do you think would be the use for the buildings? It will look out of place unless you want to build an entirely new area.
Old 05/01/2015, 00:29   #24

no hate from me Ishtaria though i think there is more than a little coming from him he banned me from their forums, but I emailed the forum owner to see if he can reinstate me and talk to them.

-- on topic --
I think the main use for that would be to move buildings from one map to another or some other place on the same map. buildings are mostly scenery so you can move them around like other stuff like trees.

some buildings might have a portal to a dungeon or other area like the tsb gates and crystal quarry. If you wanted to move that you would move the building somewhere else on the map and move the portal to match.
Old 05/01/2015, 00:49   #25

Other than the odd portal and NPC movement, I don't see any real need for massive world changes. Being able to change such things is just genuine over-engineering and a waste of time.

But hey if it gives you the biggest e-peen in Rohan pserver-land, who am I to argue eh?

Even the "big" devs are starting to lose sight on the most important things IMO. Is it really starting to become a race to see who can change the most just for the sake of change? I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I'm one of the best people in the scene who knows what needs to be changed (I'm not saying that I'm someone who can change them). Adding and moving buildings, placing in a few more trees etc, while it may be nice to do, is completely and utterly pointless.

Mob placement is important and all of us non-indo devs can do that now. A fair amount can make big changes to the mapserver and skills. These are important things so can we sit down for a minute and create something with these important changes in mind or are we going to wait for a Unity update to add more trees?
Old 05/01/2015, 01:43   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Other than the odd portal and NPC movement, I don't see any real need for massive world changes. Being able to change such things is just genuine over-engineering and a waste of time.

But hey if it gives you the biggest e-peen in Rohan pserver-land, who am I to argue eh?

Even the "big" devs are starting to lose sight on the most important things IMO. Is it really starting to become a race to see who can change the most just for the sake of change? I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I'm one of the best people in the scene who knows what needs to be changed (I'm not saying that I'm someone who can change them). Adding and moving buildings, placing in a few more trees etc, while it may be nice to do, is completely and utterly pointless.

Mob placement is important and all of us non-indo devs can do that now. A fair amount can make big changes to the mapserver and skills. These are important things so can we sit down for a minute and create something with these important changes in mind or are we going to wait for a Unity update to add more trees?
xD More trees makes a name for rohan Jungle Rohan (Join us and try to find us on the 20 maps we have full of trees )) )

+ I do it for fun as you can see i no longer have a team to work with so its something i do on my free time not that it really needs more trees houses or etc its just for fun and money.
Old 05/01/2015, 03:03   #27

What I said is nothing personal. I just think there are more important things to be modding
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/01/2015, 03:42   #28

Ish.. Dreto.. there seems to be a good idea to make a team/just your self and build up your server. I missed XorRohan & DarkGamerZ. about Rohan2.0, I read their forum and seems they make/plan alot of changes. I think player will lose the sense of Rohan. but who know, they have not even opened. lol
Old 05/01/2015, 03:58   #29

R2 has their own ideas but (in my opinion) it just isn't what the community wants. While they are fixing some things they are changing so many other things that by and large the gameplay has been transformed. Redeveloping the crafting system is great but to make it the crux of the endgame is entirely wrong when forging is an absolutely massive part of the game (in my opinion).

Don't get me wrong, they're doing good things. I just don't think it's the right things.

As for teams with other devs, I like Dreto and I've shared lots of things with him because I respect him but I don't think I could work with him, I'm sure he won't take any offence I also just don't have the time any more to really spend the required amount of time in modding Rohan. I've had to backup and park my files once again because they're just... taking up space
Old 05/01/2015, 09:18   #30

Quote:
Ish.. Dreto.. there seems to be a good idea to make a team/just your self and build up your server. I missed XorRohan & DarkGamerZ. about Rohan2.0, I read their forum and seems they make/plan alot of changes. I think player will lose the sense of Rohan. but who know, they have not even opened. lol
Hehe I like to discover new things and start playing with them well Ishtaria is not so intrested on them hes more intrested on the gameplay experience of the player and how players feel about the changes he makes.

Something i gave up on long ago when i saw players dont know what they want.