Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 14:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Got the itch again

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Got the itch again

Can't seem to throw off Rohan altogether no matter how much I try

So I'm going to start working on a few things again and maybe link up with a server in a couple of months. I'm not going to go any further with my + stats idea (for those who remember it) because even though it works, there's just too many changes that need to be made to make it complete.

I still want to bring in a correctly configured Tier 6 (Glacial) along with a Tier 7. Gear will have a maximum equipment level of 140 but maximum player level will be 110.

For maximum compatibilty and less fagging about, Heroic Power will be in but only be a 1 point skill and provide a very small bonus. This gives everyone 4 extra general SP to use which isn't game or build breaking.

Forging will be 100% success from top to bottom. This is because I'm still taking my modified stat drop scheme from my + stat mod and applying it to the standard Rohan format with % stats. What this means for the general player is that for a piece which can drop up to 14%, it can drop all possibilities from 1% up to 14%. Yes, you can drop 11 or 12% pieces so you're not restricted to the flawed low, low, low, half, max stat drops. It means you can throw in and forge usable gear any time you want. The offset? Option stones have a much wider range of rolls and they don't have cash shop grades. This means your DD roll can be anything from 20-50% and no amount of cash whoring can change that. Farm your stuff and pray to the RNGesus! But yeah, farming. Meaningful farming with a much higher chance that your spoils can be used in some way.

Exp is a whole custom change which I'm working on right this minute. Those who know me know that I'm Mr Numbers +30. I want the first 30 levels to be slightly faster than base with an increasing exp rate for higher levels. Instead of the awful exponential curve, the exp system will be much flatter and "feel" much better. Flat exp rate increases are so 2009.

Anyway I'm starting to talk meaningless rubbish which the vast majority here don't care about, let alone understand like most of the SummerNights guild.

Greets:
Penelope
Danger
Penguin
DrSheldon
Dreto
Darkest

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Thanks
4 Users
Old   #2

Whats the difference between chance to fail (that you can prevent) and chance to roll a weapon with **** tier option stone, for me the latter is even less fun.

Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
Whats the difference between chance to fail (that you can prevent) and chance to roll a weapon with **** tier option stone, for me the latter is even less fun.
There is a huge difference personally. What you will get is a good chance that your farmed pieces will have decent and usable stats. You're going from a 1/30 chance that you will have a max stat drop and a 29/30 chance it will be half stat or lower, to a 15/30 chance it will be at least half stat.

After a farming session you will arrive at the forger with a much bigger bag of usable items for forging. So to remove the annoying forging failures (which less face it is a paywall), I'm making the forge system 100%.

The option roll system isn't too bad when forging isn't 100% but when it is, it means it's just a little bit too easy to just spam forge pieces. I'm only widening the option roll range slightly because with standard cash shop stones you can still roll <30% DD.

What I want to create is a much wider market with a greater range of stats. Do you go for that 51% MA 31% DD Meister or the 48% MA 41% DD?

At the moment there just isn't any choice about what a player must go for seeing as a 48% MA Meister really doesn't exist because the parts won't drop like that (it's like 28% MA followed by the next one being 49% MA).

I hope you can see what I'm trying to explain
Old   #4

Problem is not on the game content no matter what we do there will allways be 1 guy to cry about not beeing able to get that gear then hes like GM THAT TOO OP DONT ADD IT WKWKKWKWKWKW and then the other's come come on add it bro it's not op then another ******* stupid kid comes BRO THAT TOO HARD TO GET DONT ADD IT.

+ after all now rohan comunity is used to get free Monkey free ses ases etc witch is a complete stupidity in my opinion xor offered like 0 bonus item's and still they didnt qq but since the every indo free bonus start **** there is no more fun on starting the game with gear and gooing directly to rohan.
I dont see the point of ahkma anymore.

and the point where ******* people stay on sz then go out pop 1 skill and go back in that for me is complete ****** up system that's why i wanted to add patrols on each sz but noo why the **** would we do that... they dont want it cuz that's rohan fight from sz.

The best idea i could come up for forge is the following.Have Weapons drop with status like DD melee attack speed HP abs MP abs all in a random way for example it can drop you a max part that's like 10% DD 16% Melee you got 1st part next up you find the 2nd that's 11% DD 17% melee you go to forge and use the new option stones that are 10-150 main status for example you are a str guard then you go with the 150 str stone on forge. Or whatever numbers you set for stones and weapons to drop and for armors same stuff but with block heal recovery rate or etc.That way people would have to trade even farm more for the right weapons.

Old   #5

I hear you but what is happening and what you're trying to evolve is the continuation of the gradual increase in free items followed by the power creep it has caused.

For a start you have to cap that power creep. If people want that instant full power then they can go and play on the many trash servers that exist.

But what if everyone can have that full power but that full power is varied in different ways? That is, a bit of variation in the max % followed by a wider variation in the option %.

That's what I propose. Instead of moving the goal posts you keep them where they are. You just widen the goal posts instead of moving them
Old   #6

I know but due to some disagress that happend with Rito i will no longer care il go like everyone else went i get paid i dont care what happens to the server simple as that they dont pay well then no files for them.

Cuz if i tryed to introduce something on server to make it able to upgrade to shiny stuff at the eyes of people but not so good overall they all qq to me cuz it's too op and that it's hes server not mine so yeah ive decided to go full moneyleacher everytime they will want something il ask for the money i want.

I start to think that ammabru..... or whatever hes name was is right to go full troll.
Old   #7

Ah no don't be like that. Stay on the white side like me. I'm sorry you had a fall out, I've had many myself even with those who I acknowledged in my opening post.

Stick to your principles though. If you have a vision then stick by it. It's why I left 2.0 because they had a vision which I thought was appalling for the game. They wanted it, I didn't so I left.

Ammadpurba has no place in any humane society. I hope he gets eaten by cannibals one day.
Old   #8

It's not allways about what i want but the "It's my server" thing made me woader how the **** it's hes server when BWG started with 3 of us but yeah what can i say "Hes server".
Old   #9

Hmm now I understand why BWG receives so much hate since their best dev left...
Old   #10

I didnt left yet but im sure gonna do at the first sign Rito shows me that "It's hes server".
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Ah no don't be like that. Stay on the white side like me. I'm sorry you had a fall out, I've had many myself even with those who I acknowledged in my opening post.

Stick to your principles though. If you have a vision then stick by it. It's why I left 2.0 because they had a vision which I thought was appalling for the game. They wanted it, I didn't so I left.

Ammadpurba has no place in any humane society. I hope he gets eaten by cannibals one day.
Don't trust too many ppl on your server . they will ate your flesh and drink your blood . Open your server then kick your epvp friend's *** , it can make your server last long .
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadpurba View Post
Don't trust too many ppl on your server . they will ate your flesh and drink your blood . Open your server then kick your epvp friend's *** , it can make your server last long .
Thank you for your words ammad. Do you have any suggestions that would help make my server better? I would be very grateful if you could offer me any advice how I can stop my server from being bad
Old   #13

Dont open it hahahahhahaha easy fix wkwkwkwkwkwkw
Old   #14

This might be a long post.

You know the main difference between Rohan and Mario? Mario has "replayability".
Granted, they both get boring at some point, but Mario didn't really had a myriad of versions that allow you to get to the final boss easily.

At this point Rohan is depleted content wise. It doesn't really give players a reason to play it like they used to. On the official server and on xor the rates were low and people constantly wanted to make their characters better and better.

On Underground Rohan we had high rates but the game still had things to offer for the average player. Costumes, rings, weapons, max level. Everything was on easy mode there, and things got boring fast. The players started losing their patience, they wanted more and more. The owners gave them what they wanted and everything quickly became stale.

To get the next big server up, things need to change. I don't really think that the average player really cares for balance or gear diversity. Not to mention that a wider spread on the green stats doesn't really count as gear diversity. Having 48 melee on a mace is roughly the same thing as having 45 melee. The gaps are usually within 8-10 percent points and are dependent on player perception.

Back when we used to work together you had a great idea. Instead of going up let's go sideways. That usually means giving people alternatives, or make them choose one thing over another. On top of that, let's give them a large variety of gear combinations. This way, nobody will ever be able to say "I have the best geared character". However, the game is limited by design, and you can't really achieve that.

If by any chance a sever implements those ideas it won't be the next best thing to happen to the scene. People want to keep the look and feel of Rohan, but to come up with new things.

New skills, new bosses, new weapons, new rings, new stat system, new item effects. Or set bonuses that don't consist of stats.
And, most important of all, making people have fun while achieving their goals.

All in all, the stat spread idea is great, but only as long as it's part of something bigger. On it's own it'll create a dull server. Don't take it personally, i explained above why it'll be dull.

Now, let's say that you have "the next best thing to happen to Rohan" server up. You need to keep it running and you need players. We get to the next problem of Rohan, the pay to win aspect. You'll want to have donors, but you don't want players to think of the server as a pay to win server. So, you need to reward the hardcore players while making donors life a bit easier.

There are 4 types of players that i can think of. Casual player, average player, donor and hardcore player; sorted by the achievable power levels ingame. I won't talk much on this subject though since it's not something i want to share with the class.

That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to talking about a Rohan server. I don't usually share my ideas outside the group i'm working with but this time i made an exception. I'm bored, ok?

P.S.

YRUN IS LIFE
YRUN IS LOVE
Old   #15

The big problem I see is available players and their remaining interest in the game. Going "sideways" with new systems is great but like my + stat thing, is it worth investing so much time into it for so little return?

As you know we're not the type of people who will cut corners but any new content or changes to existing content need to be simple and quick to carry out. This is why I was thinking of just going forward as opposed to sideways. More of the same but implemented properly.