Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 21:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

looking for good server

Old   #31

elite*gold: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by matank View Post
uhm i as fine with xor old patch,take out fds fix some skill and take rate low, kinda tired with this hero patch server with +15 weapon teardrops and pure atk ****
Finally someone speaks my language.. If someone brings out a server similar to xor in terms of damage, defense, hp and stats.. I'll donate.

Damage with hero patch and 30% scrolls and 6x weps and everything is attack force and tons of melee and tons of all stats..... I call bullshit.

Donating for a server where temps don't hit more than 2k and dhans can't 1 shot or even 2 shot people.. No stupid 30% scrolls... Nothing past 50% melee, magic or ranged.

Waiting patiently for a server that keeps it simple ^_^

@ Ish. The "stat" concept you were private messaging me about. I tried it on my server and it actually works beautifully. Damage is great, hp scales perfect, armor and max stat weapons are not actually game breaking. Scrolls make little - moderate difference in gaming. Only thing is i set bosses to respawn every 70 minutes because i prefer that anyone can get boss drops at any time. But drop rate is like 50%.. But the hardest boss is silva and she only takes like 25 minutes haha.. I took out Kasa and Pheonix and instead added guild stone drop, crazy xp, IP ticket drop in Blazing temple.. Too lazy to make Blazing temple quests drop guild stones and stuff though lol

BUT OMG your concept is freaking awesome.
Why don't u do it and make it a server ?

Old   #32

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
Finally someone speaks my language.. If someone brings out a server similar to xor in terms of damage, defense, hp and stats.. I'll donate.

Damage with hero patch and 30% scrolls and 6x weps and everything is attack force and tons of melee and tons of all stats..... I call bullshit.

Donating for a server where temps don't hit more than 2k and dhans can't 1 shot or even 2 shot people.. No stupid 30% scrolls... Nothing past 50% melee, magic or ranged.

Waiting patiently for a server that keeps it simple ^_^

@ Ish. The "stat" concept you were private messaging me about. I tried it on my server and it actually works beautifully. Damage is great, hp scales perfect, armor and max stat weapons are not actually game breaking. Scrolls make little - moderate difference in gaming. Only thing is i set bosses to respawn every 70 minutes because i prefer that anyone can get boss drops at any time. But drop rate is like 50%.. But the hardest boss is silva and she only takes like 25 minutes haha.. I took out Kasa and Pheonix and instead added guild stone drop, crazy xp, IP ticket drop in Blazing temple.. Too lazy to make Blazing temple quests drop guild stones and stuff though lol

BUT OMG your concept is freaking awesome.
Why don't u do it and make it a server ?
Ha yeah I kept telling people it was almost perfect balance but very few people actually believed me. Most of the other devs I speak to had little faith in it but it all makes sense when you see it for yourself. The only problem is I'm a bit too much of a perfectionist. I kept tweaking the stats which also meant going through every single skill/buff over and over again plus I thought it made the pve side of things a little too easy without making some serious mods to mob stats. I backed up those files just in case though

I still think there's enough mileage in the current % system, if it's done right of course.

Old   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Ha yeah I kept telling people it was almost perfect balance but very few people actually believed me. Most of the other devs I speak to had little faith in it but it all makes sense when you see it for yourself. The only problem is I'm a bit too much of a perfectionist. I kept tweaking the stats which also meant going through every single skill/buff over and over again plus I thought it made the pve side of things a little too easy without making some serious mods to mob stats. I backed up those files just in case though

I still think there's enough mileage in the current % system, if it's done right of course.
Well to be honest.. Because rohan is such a horrible grindfest game.. Easy pve is kinda the point...
Of course u can always make a separate section of the map a lot harder by adding 1%, 1 second stuns to all mobs. But you'll have to double the drop rate haha..

I think what Yunerro was talking about though IS and always will be a huge flaw in rohan.. There are not enough Nodes to gather from.. There should be a quarry or something on specific maps which respawn every 10 seconds.. So of course there will be pvp in those areas.. Obviously for control over who gets to gather. and the quick respawn for the people who log on when everyone else is asleep.. AKA the other side of the world.. wkwkwkw

But the stat concept is golden.. You really should bring out a server with that concept.
Old   #34

I was waiting for it, Stat Based Server I knew it was a good idea and it would balance this unbalanced game for real. I don't mind grinding like on xor, it will bring back very happy memories
BWG is doing its best to balance and keep things going, server is 3? weeks old so at least has people playing not like other servers that I've seen with players that i could count with my hands. I've been helping giving suggestions with balancing some skills that can be abuse-able and others that are either outdated or not worth having.

Old   #35

Yea BWG is a good server but once you're dealing with all stats and melee stacking.. There is nothing you can do. Damage goes out of control and "new" players have no real interest in joining when they see dhans hitting fully geared people 15k 15k lol and temps walking around with 5k regs

One thing i hated was the Chrono scroll.. DPP + DPP or Double Wide Forefoot Swing.
Combo characters get little to no benefit from it.
Old   #36

When it comes to balancing things like FFS, DPP and templars, it's so much easier when there's only + stats in the game. One of my other concerns about + stats is that it might be a little boring, at least when it comes to things like accessories and boss drops. Having said that, adding + attack types is infinitely easier when you don't have so many % multipliers to deal with so that extra layer of theorycrafting from "should I go with x amount of + attack or x amount of + stat" will still be there.

Do you really think I should go back to trying to make a + stat type server? I almost feel like I'm betraying my own judgement by backing away from it
Old   #37

Do it ish i want to see it for sure
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #38

Ok well it won't be a server "run" by me because 1) I don't have the skill set necessary to administer and run a server and 2) I hate getting involved with the running of servers and the disagreements with staff and players.

I'll come up with something and hand it over to someone who I think will make good use of it. Don't expect anything in less than a couple of months though
Thanks
1 User
Old   #39

Temporal power curves and multipliers are nowhere bad, acctually those are needed and wanted to generate an interesting gameplay. All thats wrong is the way YNK implemented it and made it available which is just flawed and screwed from inside out. I personally think a pure plus stat based gameplay would give no benefit other than true balance. But the question is, is true balance really wanted? It might turn out the just bite your back at some point due to loosing multipliers which in the end, when done properly, can benefit the whole gameplay and mechanics.
Old   #40

You might need some crazy stats but removing the % melee % Magic % range and replacing with str int dex might work you will end up having something like Diablo 3 rings with 400 str and etc :P (Keep in mind that skills will change from 40% to like 4% or so but will have same power since str dex int give magic melee range 90% of people arround here think owh **** 400 str in 1 ring OP they dont even know how skills would be changed or how will it affect the overall dmg you give.

680 Str + 50% Melee = 4495 Melee
680 Str + 50% Melee Sword + 30% Melee Scroll = 5394 Melee
680 Str + 50% Melee Sword + 30% Melee Scroll + Lv.7 Rising Might (30% Boost Str) = 6496 Melee

680 Str + 1498 Str Sword = 7491 Melee
680 Str + 1498 Str Sword + 30% melee Scroll = 9738 Melee
680 Str + 1498 Str Sword + 30% melee Scroll + Lv.7 Rising Might (30% Boost Str) = 12285 Melee

680 Str + (1498 Str Sword) / 2 = 5244
680 str + (1498 Str Sword) / 2 + 30% Melee Scroll = 6817
680 Str + (1498 Str Sword) / 2 + 30% Melee Scroll + Lv.7 Rising Might (30% Boost Str) = 8486 Melee

1 str = 3 melee
1 vit = 20 health
1 int = 3 magic
1 dex = 3 ranged

2040 Melee = 680 Str
2455 Melee = 818 Str
818 Str = 50% melee

This means either Mapserver reads 1% as 1.2-1.7% or idk it's another way to calculate the melee.
Old   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle Juice View Post
Do it ish i want to see it for sure
I agree, i believe that it would be a great server and yes @ your comment about keeping the choice of whether players should get more stats or % melee to boost their damage.. Most people would choose stats though..

And please, i beg of you. Change Defending nature to some sort of Buff that reduces PvE damage by 50% so we can have Tanks and healers and dps again..

Not just DN temps and go solo bosses.... Most boring thing ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
Temporal power curves and multipliers are nowhere bad, acctually those are needed and wanted to generate an interesting gameplay. All thats wrong is the way YNK implemented it and made it available which is just flawed and screwed from inside out. I personally think a pure plus stat based gameplay would give no benefit other than true balance. But the question is, is true balance really wanted? It might turn out the just bite your back at some point due to loosing multipliers which in the end, when done properly, can benefit the whole gameplay and mechanics.
To be honest.. It's time for a change. All this attack multipliers just goes out of control at end-game and u end up where you don't want to be.. people not interested because everyone is hitting like a truck.. lol

I think that the pure stat concept will be an awesome idea. Keeping in mind that you proly have to triple the amount of Nodes on each map to increase gathering because everyone who gathers complains that it's boring lol.

Hence my idea about a quarry where there are like 15 - 20 nodes re-spawning every 30 seconds and of course some cool Miner guards (mobs ) or something just to keep it interesting so u got pve and pvp to worry about lol.
lol... Make use of Crystal Quarry :-D

Crystal Quarry level 1 - Tons of Grade E, D
Crystal Quarry level 2 - Tons of Grade C, B, A
Use your imagination ish.. The sky is the limit

Just an idea :-)
Old   #42

Classes hitting like a truck is not a problem of attackforce nor attack multipliers but because of broken skills and their respective implementation. Best example, flawed blunt mastery calculation. (Which we fixed btw)
Old   #43

Obviously stuff like fixing blunt properly is something I can't do so I've always got to change things in other ways to compensate. I'm also not saying that percentage modifiers are bad, just that as it stands there's too many of them.
Old   #44

Basically my point..
There are too many multipliers.
you have weapons, rings, scrolls, buffs, guild buffs, passive, buffs (Empower), and as Yun rightly put. Stupid YNK skills that are just crazy op because of these multipliers.

I still think people are tired of the same old rohan.
1.Join server
2. Grind for hours in the hopes of hitting max level before you get bored.
3. Go back and grind for hours again for some gear.
4. HOPE TO *** that your gear doesn't fail and break..
5. PvP people with your epic gear that you worked so hard on.. Only to get 3 shot or 4 shot because he / she got this first stun -_-''

Oh and lets not forget.. everyone make a temp and defender to hunt bosses. But of course with a stupid 48 hour respawn... U prolly get nothing because 1 guild has everything on lock down.

Gotta love Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft.. Everyone has "equal" opportunity to gain "equal" gear with a set "LIMIT" to how strong you can get.

The way other mmo's keep it interesting is not by constantly adding stronger weapons and armor, but by adding more content to enhance the game visually. More costumes, more weapon skins, more armor skins, more fun events, etc.

But instead of learn from far more successful games, everyone decides to re-make the same thing in different ways and hope for the best *****..

Looking forward to the intelligent person who considers your idea ish and actually helps you develop it into a real server.