Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 07:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

wanna be dev :P

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
wanna be dev :P

hello everyone i used to play rohan when i was 16 or so now i started again on pserver but now i'm also studing programming in university but i'm not satisfaded with what i learn and idea of become a dev really makes me wanna *** xD since i like rohan a lot and have a basic knowledge of some languages as c/java/assembly/(on way for php also) i want some devs help me and give me tips on what i need to learn to become one also and start learn and mode files i know it would be hard work but i rly wanna do it so please give me some tips on what i need to learn first and what files should be easy to start look and understand from rohan game files.sry for my bad english and hope u understand what i wanted to say :P

Old   #2

First you need to hack files.... Hexing and reverse engineering skills....

Joke.

Old   #3

Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

I hate thise type of people.I cant understnad are you dumb or what ?As you want to be dev go and study dont write ****** threads.Also if you wanna be dev, first learn english cause you are useless even if you are pro dev if you cant speak english.Just everyone please understand that nothing will happen so easy.Learn and search nobody gives a **** about you and nobody is gonna waste their time learning you everything.By the way you write i bet you are like 10 years old.

Old   #5

Were you starved of oxygen at birth by any chance?
Old   #6

thnx for support busternr i'm 20 studing programming and yes i'm dumb probably thats why i ask help from someone who can help me i ask advises not leasson where should i focus more so i will become better and get a nice start.stop be mad btw if u dont like something dont look at it
Old   #7

I am not mad, just i hate ppl who want everything done like a magic, you are not harry potter, so do something with your own brain.
Old   #8

i'm trying improve my english first of all and i dont denie that i suck on that part and trying learn(already did) some programming languages such as c/java/assembly but i really wanna learn more and only thing i asked was some tips on where should i focus more e.x. c# or c++ or i dont know what else could try.Asked few tips and nothing more.Would be better if u just give me some tips on what should i focus and help me than judge me.
Old   #9

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrFighter View Post
i'm trying improve my english first of all and i dont denie that i suck on that part and trying learn(already did) some programming languages such as c/java/assembly but i really wanna learn more and only thing i asked was some tips on where should i focus more e.x. c# or c++ or i dont know what else could try.Asked few tips and nothing more.Would be better if u just give me some tips on what should i focus and help me than judge me.
1. Learn how to Setup a Server
2. Learn how the Server & BIN's work
3. Learn Edit the BIN's
4. Get some Ideas or ask People here on Epvp what they want
5. Try to make them work
6. ...
7. Enjoy!
Old   #10

thanks a lot
Old   #11

Let me guess, first semester IT student, just started a 1-4 weeks ago and now wanting to go full aggro on developing?

If you want to do serious development, here is not the proper place to ask. To do proper game modding you need to focus on skills apart of that certain game (in this case rohan)
You dont need to know how to setup a rohan server. Neither do you have to know any specifics about the game. The first step for you should be to learn c/c++ in its full extends and PROPER so you can count it down while asleep. After that, get reverse engineering skills, how does data look on-disk. After that, get into modern virtual languages like Java/C#. Get into game development, what methods do exist. Hows stuff done. Same for networking and databases. And maybe than, you might be able to start a little with game modding.

Now to clarify. Every idiot can setup a server. Every idiot can run a server. Every idiot can edit bins. Is that modding? No it isnt, at least not real modding, its just messing with the server configuration, but nothing indepth at all. However, real modding and real development does require way more, to be able to acctually change the game and implement various stuff. Be it EM/IM, be it services, be it new game systems. To do that, you need a huge knowledge and background, you need to dive into various regions of IT day after day, every day for several hours. You need to practice alot and eventually youll be able after YEARS of work to acctually accomplish everything you want.
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
Let me guess, first semester IT student, just started a 1-4 weeks ago and now wanting to go full aggro on developing?

If you want to do serious development, here is not the proper place to ask. To do proper game modding you need to focus on skills apart of that certain game (in this case rohan)
You dont need to know how to setup a rohan server. Neither do you have to know any specifics about the game. The first step for you should be to learn c/c++ in its full extends and PROPER so you can count it down while asleep. After that, get reverse engineering skills, how does data look on-disk. After that, get into modern virtual languages like Java/C#. Get into game development, what methods do exist. Hows stuff done. Same for networking and databases. And maybe than, you might be able to start a little with game modding.

Now to clarify. Every idiot can setup a server. Every idiot can run a server. Every idiot can edit bins. Is that modding? No it isnt, at least not real modding, its just messing with the server configuration, but nothing indepth at all. However, real modding and real development does require way more, to be able to acctually change the game and implement various stuff. Be it EM/IM, be it services, be it new game systems. To do that, you need a huge knowledge and background, you need to dive into various regions of IT day after day, every day for several hours. You need to practice alot and eventually youll be able after YEARS of work to acctually accomplish everything you want.
Awesome xD
Old   #13

It's hurt me yurne but its true, no matter what , "modding " is the best in all games enhancements. *sob*

People have free will to choose they wanted, pursue it, and have a goal.

Well for me I only try new things while I'm unemployed. Do I.t. stuffs, networking, I.t. trends blah blah
Oh well, yah I relate this post yurne but don't worry i'm OK. But still I need to finish some things life must go on

You are so Franky
Old   #14

Unfortunately I've not understand a single word nor the context at all.
Old   #15

sadly i'm in 5th semester but my university isnt so good and knowledge that provide me isnt that i expected so i need to start do things by my own if i want accomplish something as you said.thanks in advance for your tips i will start search for all those things(exept c xD) and learn as much as i can