Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 03:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Unable to restore db's

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Unable to restore db's

I saved them just as I was told to in another thread by Joe and now I cant restore them.

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

When I backed them up it didnt save them as .bak or .tm so I went and changed one to .bak thinking that was the reason but I still get the same error.

Any ideas as to a fix, if not Im ****** and will need fresh db's if anyone is willing to toss them my way.

Old   #2

Unfortunately can't see your screenie.

can you describe the exact procedure you are using to restore? Restoring databases on MSSQL is really tricky and messy.

If need be we can link up via skype / teamviewer in PMs I can get you fixed

Old   #3

I pm'd you and not sure why lightshot link wouldnt show.
Old   #4

This problems come from the fact that you are trying to restore a DB that does not Exist yet. If that's the case please read below. Otherwise i may have misunderstood you

1. You could back up the database normaly as task -> backup -> database. But here comes the tricky part. You cant just task -> restore them . You need to re-create them.
Meaning the easiest way is to just create new empty DB -> name it RohanGame and then restore your back up to this empty DB. And repeat that for every DB. This is the non-conventional method i used before.

2.Other method is to script the DB along with tables and procedures and data .. etc. Then a Query File is created and you can execute it in your fresh MSSQL. You can read more about that in Microsoft Forums and help guides. There is a wizzard that guides you thru the creation of this file.

I prefer the second method cause you can avoid alot of problems that come with restoring non-existant DB. Since the 2nd method is actually re-creating the db from script you can avoid some nasty Microsoft Bugs with restoring.

Old   #5

If they were backed up they can be restored even if they don't exist - i've done it a few several times.

The procedure is ****-ugly but do-able via the GUI tools.
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
If they were backed up they can be restored even if they don't exist - i've done it a few several times.

The procedure is ****-ugly but do-able via the GUI tools.
Yes You can do that with the GUI. But imo the easiest way is just to create an empty DB and just restore it. As i said i prefer scripting the db anyway !