Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 22:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Some cool Edit Stuff

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Show off xD

Old   #17

Come on im not showing off , told you a month ago il find a way to do that and this and i did now dont be mad.

Old   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrt2008 View Post
Come on im not showing off , told you a month ago il find a way to do that and this and i did now dont be mad.

Ha this is the only thing here that I can do as well. At DG I was editing the iefs to create a new tier of ancient armour but never got round to finishing it Wings are ez lol.

While I'm doing my stat changes I'm still experimenting with a few things. Still can't figure out the effects from the first post though Is it something to do with the Material#?
Old   #19

xD All i can say is that it affects the animation gem
(And yeah editing the ******* wings and armors is a pain on the *** cuz must edit every single character)

Old   #20

Fudge both of you guys, I'll get there.

Ish that black armor looks SLICK and Dreto are those actual costumes or are you editing the actual models of the classes ?
Old   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrt2008 View Post
xD All i can say is that it affects the animation gem
(And yeah editing the ******* wings and armors is a pain on the *** cuz must edit every single character)
Yup even though I have a structorian template for the iefs, it won't edit them very well as in creating new entries so I have to move back and forth between 010. I'm sure there's an easier way, like someone creating an app for it All the resources are out there for it on Xentax.

I'm going to look into this effects thing again at the weekend. I'm determined to nail it as it's something I wanted to do way back on Xor.

Also have you thought about the Upper/Lower porting issue? Been looking at region/room/portal/itemscroll and it looks like I missed a couple of things the last time I tried to make a portal stone for it. Unlike Rambeck which already had premade entries (it just needed a portal stone creating), there's info missing in portal for Upper/Lower which I didn't account for. It shouldn't be difficult to sort it out but I'll try and do it this weekend and pass you the changes if you're interested.
Old   #22

Do the "quest" portals actually work on global for upper and lower ? If they do shouldnt we be able to use the quest editor to get those coords and create a stone to use those exact coords just like the db injections do when using websites ?

I think Im talking way above my knowledge paygrade here
Old   #23

No you're doing alright Don't forget my paygrade isn't particularly high around here lol.

Basically you can /teleportal to the 4 different pre-programmed Gratt portals:

/teleportal PORTAL_GJ2F01
/teleportal PORTAL_GJ2F02
/teleportal PORTAL_GJ2F03
/teleportal PORTAL_GJ2F04

These all have entries in region.bin. With Rambeck bindstone all you need to do is create a portal stone in itemscroll.bin with PORTAL_HFL_02 in the region column.

So to make Gratt portals you just rinse and repeat but change the portal name in the region column. Nope.

There are no entries for upper/lower in portal.bin so I created some. Still no good.

By all accounts, it should work but it doesn't. It might be my client/server setup but I don't have a working minimap for upper/lower. I might have had one with a previous setup but I'm sure the map name never displayed correctly. This leads me to believe that the issue lies with the mapserver or client.

Essentially we have the full skeleton of upper/lower, enough for it to work in a sense, but we're missing the guts. With the NPC, the ports that they do aren't designated as quests and I don't know where that info is stored at this time. Also I wonder if we would encounter the same problem depending on how NPC porting is carried out.
Old   #24

As I've been told many time when I encounter jacked up things " Welcome to Rohan "
Old   #25

I would imagine NPC porting is designated by its "job type" as a script in the mapserver. I have what I assume is some very partially decompiled source code for the mapserver courtesy of Req and as you can see the job type of 59 in npc.bin matches up in the mapserver (3B is hex for 59) as NJ_GRAT_DOWN_MANAGER.

http://i.imgur.com/7VdLEku.png

I'm not sure where else to go with that though. I have a feeling that the only real way to resolve it would be with an up to date mapserver.

Then again if this content is already in the mapserver, I wonder if it's the client which is out of date. I'm pretty sure everyone is using an exe which is older than the mapserver. When you click on an NPC, if the option to port isn't there then that's going to be client based. Whether the porting will function or not would be mapserver based.
Old   #26

Well about Upper/Lower i manage to change the portals that you go through but there is a problem bcz upper / lower are dungeon it wont allow you to remain there it will teleport you back same bug as the one from worldcup arena if npc is not on town.So from what i saw there is no way to create portal stone nor change the npc job code im guessing it has something to do with client.exe commands that use the script to move a grade 10 player from 1 side to another what i allways said making the 1.0.5.0.0.1 client to work for pservers will benefit everyone cuz there we got 2 IP Shops with 2 different curency also Survival arena every day with money bets and couple more things like pvp arena (and working clashing valey ) --> So far only manage to get the clashing valey map but didnt test it see if it work's.Idk if i make it work il tell you.

About minimap to work you have to set it on the bin + gem on the world.gem and on the minimapregistdetail.bin

As you can see i made 2 video's about what i was trying to do but it didnt work.

<-- 1st try
<--- 2nd try

List of denied portals from rohanclient.exe --->

Well there's our problem since those portals are there it wont allow us to make portal stone or portal teleport or npc teleport dark got that client unpacked ask him if he is able to remove them or atleast change 2 or 3 to make it work and problem fixed.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #27

All vids are private Could You make it viewable Dreto?
Old   #28

Done they are now published
Old   #29

Some new stuff found a way to edit the effects and etc
Thanks
1 User
Old   #30

ive always wanted something like rohan metin style