Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 04:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What Are You Pservers Doing?

Discussion on What Are You Pservers Doing? within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
What Are You Pservers Doing?

Look, no offence to those who've stepped up and spent their time providing a working pserver to everyone out there but I have to ask the question now... what the hell are you doing?

So many, TOO many of you are using a standard, old and stale code base. You're either using the original zzerachiel code175 or using an updated mapserver without any knowledge about what you can actually do.

Pservers, great for the community... or so you may think. However what's happening now is this entire scene has become splintered and stale because no-one is driving forward development that needs to be done.

Some basic balancing can be done to the skills like adjustments to the ridiculous dekan hero skills but what about other balances that need doing? What about changes to the blunt mastery formula which is years out of date and is one of biggest priorities for overall balancing? What about changes to the vit/HP system which is far and above pretty much any MMO for its tanking capabilities?

Why haven't you done anything with mini-bosses? Why haven't you adjusted the imbalanced and OP output of Bezes/Wraths/FDs? Why haven't you provided a fair balance between crafting, forges and drops? Why haven't you changed the drop table and mob levels for Ronelia/Kallistia/Gratt/R5? Why haven't you added chests to these areas? Why haven't you adjusted spawn times and mob density?

All you're concentrated on is fucking rates and free items to entice as many indos as you can to your server when you have no skills or intentions to fix any of the core problems within the game.

You're actually destroying the fragile Rohan playerbase with your shit and very soon there won't be any population to draw from. Poor Yurneroo's gonna be farting from Mt Everest expecting everyone to smell it when his all new Rohan engine arrives in 2015 and he finds there's no-one interested left to play it, in between his impending legal battle with YNK that he believes won't happen.

So, the summary. Stop being so fucking greedy and self-important by having a "working" pserver. Invest in some actual R&D, get some progress going. Stop being so fucking elitist thinking that what you have is so uber that you can only sell it to the highest bidder. Within reason, share it with those who can make good use of it.

There won't be a pserver scene within a year if you carry on like this. Those who simply do not have any sort of skills to edit this game, step away from this scene and close your shitty pserver. Those who can contribute, let's all get together and share our resources and make this game as epic as it should be.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 06/06/2013, 06:38   #2

So true.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2013, 08:00   #3

Thanks zeon23 and Sydeon plus personal support I received from elsewhere.

This is a plea to all of us who can, to get together. **** this trading lark, this isn't Aion or Tera or [insert uber popular **** generic mmo here], this is Rohan and we already have a small enough community as it is to draw upon. We can't afford to be trading away decent knowledge because it might line your pockets with dolla. THERE IS NO MARKET FOR TRADING THIS GAME'S KNOWLEDGE. IT IS TOO SMALL AND ULTIMATELY HAS NO PROFIT.

Some of you have proper dev skills, some of you don't but like me have other very important skills. Can we all try and pool our ideas together for the sake of this game? You can hold onto your l33t pro **** forever and it won't mean ****, not now or ever when it comes to Rohan. Those of us who can make a difference need to come together and we need to provide a pserver with appropriate rates but with core balance and content that can be appreciated by everyone. We need to do it now.

Come on guys, let's do this. You know who I am and some of the stuff I can do. There are those out there who can reverse engineer, work with me. There are those with the raw content, work with me.

The resource pool and potential population is small so we all need to work together and we can definitely do what YNK can't if we work together.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2013, 16:11   #4

Majority of urohan donators are not willing to donate on any private server anymore, and i don't think that it will ever change.
Old 06/06/2013, 21:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
Majority of urohan donators are not willing to donate on any private server anymore, and i don't think that it will ever change.
well im one of those players that didn't donate in any private server, because its more fun. just in my opinion.

btw i like the idea Ish, i know how capable you are in this kind of stuff, since xor cbt. goodluck
Old 06/06/2013, 22:21   #6

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethz008 View Post
well im one of those players that didn't donate in any private server, because its more fun. just in my opinion.

btw i like the idea Ish, i know how capable you are in this kind of stuff, since xor cbt. goodluck
+1 same here ^^
Old 06/07/2013, 20:53   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethz008 View Post

Server won't last without "donation".
Old 06/07/2013, 20:54   #8

Yes it will :-)

If only the admin will do it for fun..

You will see :-)
Old 06/08/2013, 04:13   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
Server won't last without "donation".
i didn't say that, its better to have a server without a donation, what im saying only is im one of the players that didn't donate because its more fun in my opinion only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampage69 View Post
Yes it will :-)

If only the admin will do it for fun..

You will see :-)
that's not how it work's. you know the fact that you're gonna pay a dedicated server, and as the server goes up, you need to put time to make it balance as possible. idk the reason for it. i know its free to play but the word donation doesn't mean that it will be pay to play.
Old 06/08/2013, 16:36   #10

dont think you're the best ish, above us is the sky, and sky has no limit, thats prove no one could be the best.
Old 06/08/2013, 17:26   #11

I'm not the best at anything. I'm asking everyone to co-operate more.
Old 06/08/2013, 21:49   #12

Nobody is gonna share anything.

Trust me.

I was that guy who thought that sharing can lead to good things, but it turns out that people are just going to leech your work and open their own lame private server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/09/2013, 16:09   #13

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzerachiel View Post
Nobody is gonna share anything.

Trust me.

I was that guy who thought that sharing can lead to good things, but it turns out that people are just going to leech your work and open their own lame private server.
I cannot agree more to what you've just said mate. But I think its the best thing to do to keep this game alive. If you will notice on the other games, a lot of leechers opened their lame servers even though they don't have any knowledge of what is exactly going on. As long as they can afford to pay for the files and some "Developers" for hire they will run a server.