Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Ragnarok Online > RO Exploits, Hacks, Bots & Guides
You last visited: Today at 21:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to bypass system of protection?

Discussion on How to bypass system of protection? within the RO Exploits, Hacks, Bots & Guides forum part of the Ragnarok Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to bypass system of protection?

I play on server, where Protection from WPE/rPE and OpenKore in X-Kore mode
(Sorry for my English, I Russian)
Progran anti-bot and anti-cheat game Ragnarok protection.
The program consists from two parts: the Server and the Client. The server part is including in eAthena ciphers and the traffic passing to server.
The client part gives to all players of your server. After they can install Asert Client playing on your server.
The full principle of work of program can be looked here.

Current version have realized:
+ Supports Windows / Linux / FreeBSD base hosters
+ Full encryption of the traffic from the client to the server with a dynamic key
+ Protection against hacking / cheating tools in the game client (ie protection from WPE and OpenKore in X-Kore mode)
+ Can be absolute work with any client Ragnarok

Client part should be installed in the folder with game. Client consists loader for Ragnarok Client, which starts it together with the defence code. The code of protection included in Ragnarok Client at once blocks any attempts of change of game process. Also after that all traffic transferred by the client starts to be ciphered. As a result all traffic transferred between the client and server is crypted.
The program does not spend system resources since is started only RO and finishes at start work as soon as RO is fully started.
The server part is included in the server Athena / Freya. The principle work of a server, consists in that crypt / decrypt data, going from client to server and back.
Who knows help please
Old 07/27/2008, 08:43   #2

same problem here.. ELECOM SHIELD bypass.. to make rPE and WpE work..

who knows this please?
Old 12/03/2008, 20:04   #3

revelations

I've already bypassed the client side by simply creating my own client from a suitable sakexe.exe/diff. Even my wpe/rpe works using the client...but only until char server. Once loaded into map server, the server side encryption works to make sure no 3rd party or unrecognized client be allowed to connect.

In the first version of Elecom Shield, my method would have easily bypass it. But this is version 2, and the author did a very good job of strenghtening his program. Not only is this gameguard solid, but its also light on its resources. If you're interested to learn more about the author, head on to his blog here:

He's a student in MAlaysia...my man! :P

Anyway, good news is that he has stop the Elecom project, so most probably there won't be a 3rd version or any updates/patches. So eventually, someone will be able to crack the program. Reverse engineering is serious shyt....so if anyone can do it, they have my utmost respect. Well I sure don't know how, but its nice to learn something new in the trades. cheers!
Old 12/21/2008, 00:36   #4

Have you guys tried any different kind of packet editors other then WPE cause its possible that they look for certain things in the dll of wpe to identify if its running. Have any of you tried Iris or different packet editor to see?
Old 12/31/2008, 17:44   #5

I've tried rPE and even ROAP. Both doesn't connect or detect the packets. Except when using my custom client...although only until map server.

As I said before, this program doesn't actually detect 2rd party software, instead it encrypts the data connection between the client and server so that the other softwares won't be able to communicate/hijack the system.

The program is simple enough that the protection is on the client and the encryption is in the map server. Well, thats from what I see of course. Correct me if I'm wrong.