Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > RF Online
You last visited: Today at 03:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Which is better Archmagus or Dark Priest

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Which is better Archmagus or Dark Priest

Hello to all avid elitepvpers!!!
Eversince RF Online was introduced here in the Philippines, I have played it as either Bellato (MauDriver) or Accretia (I got all the characters). I decided just now to try out the Cora Race and I plan to make a non summoning Mystic character. My character a Magus is now at level 39 and at 80% percent exp going 40 and second job. Please share your experiences as to which is the overall better 2nd job the Archmagus/Warlock or is it the Dark Priest. Please give me the benefits and disadvantages of each job so I can decide which one to pick for my character. I will greatly appeciate your opinions and suggestions. Thank you in advance and more power to elitepvpers.

I believe that this community is not just a place where people get their dose of cheats and tricks but ultimately a place where fellow players can share their experiences and knowledge of the game to other players to help them better their own game play experience.

Old   #2

Dude, if you want to have a little more survivability then go Dark Priest. If you want, fire power go Archmagus (although damage added by Meditation buff is not much). Dark Priests also have Escape so they are more adept at raiding since other races would just be ****** since you could easily escape death. If I were you, I'd go Dark Priest.

Old   #3

I prefer DarkPriest. It has more functionality than Archmagus / Warlock. The difference of their attack only 10% (Meditation buff), and Warlock's Force Strike aren't that powerfull.

With DarkPriest you can teleport to your binding location anytime even in the middle of fight.

And using "Bind any NPC" cheat, you no longer have to buy Outcast Land scroll. Just teleport yourself there, it's free. You can also bring lvl 41 character (if you're lvl 51) to Outcast with your Gate skill.

Just make sure you choose Caster as your first class at lvl 30, not the Summoner.
Old   #4

I appreciate your help guys. I am actually thinking of picking Dark Priest for the same reasons both of you have said. Actually, one more thing I am not familiar with the Bind to any NPC cheat, but thanks though you've convinced me more to get Dark Priest. I'll just search that cheat here in this community.

Old   #5

In term of survival and PK PK PK mode ===>>>>> Arhmagus <<<
In term of BH & PL Mode ===>>>>> Grazier <<<
In term of making money ===>>>>> DP <<< warp ng warp lang XD
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker2008 View Post
Yeah that's one more thing with the dark priest, you can make money by warping people.
Old   #7

Quote:
Dark Priest have more survivability than an Archmagus. Why?

1. Dark Priest have Force Shield
2. Dark Priest have Escape Skill

The only survival skill an Archmagus has is Stone Curse.
Old   #8

AM, pick dark priest if you dont want to be pked and to pk
Old   #9

Offense is the best defense.

Therefore pick AM.

*Escape skill? We do have tp's in npc and item shops,

*Need to teleport while your on attack mode? you can on the new features of CW and GW tp's

*DP's Force shield is not so realiable since player nowadays could kill you with only 3 hits (this is without hacks) leave your def upgrades with your armors.

Corites are built for offense and crit, that explains we do have attack, and accuracy buffs.

Bellato -- Balanced attack/def and Dodge
Accretian -- more of Def
Cora -- more of Attack
Old   #10

Quote:
Offense is the best defense.

Therefore pick AM.

*Escape skill? We do have tp's in npc and item shops,

*Need to teleport while your on attack mode? you can on the new features of CW and GW tp's

*DP's Force shield is not so realiable since player nowadays could kill you with only 3 hits (this is without hacks) leave your def upgrades with your armors.

Corites are built for offense and crit, that explains we do have attack, and accuracy buffs.

Bellato -- Balanced attack/def and Dodge
Accretian -- more of Def
Cora -- more of Attack
CW and GW TPs are not that reliable since you do not have access to them all day. I think once CW is done you cannot use the CW mission TP (I'm not sure though since I just tried using it once after CW). Plus the fact that Meditation only adds 10% to attack and a bit of accuracy and Critical hit (atleast that's what the skill description says but I only do crit attacks when I use AOEs). To sum it all up, the additional damage an Archmagus gets is negligible since its only 10%. But the Escape skill is really priceless! I myself would redefine to DP once I get the money to buy the class redefine pill.

By the way, my statement only applies to Magus>Dark priest class (wouldn't do summoner>DP since it sucks because you would not be able to maximize the use of your animii).
Old   #11

Thanks again y'all for the great help you have given me. I have made my character into a dark priest and enjoying it at the moment. I have also taken into consideration the fact that meditation only gives you 10% boost in attack, yeah it's pretty negligible and can be easily compensated by getting a Strong Intense Weapon which will give the 10% boost just like Meditation. You are all great guys thanks and keep on rocking.
Old   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by randz2004 View Post
CW and GW TPs are not that reliable since you do not have access to them all day. I think once CW is done you cannot use the CW mission TP (I'm not sure though since I just tried using it once after CW). Plus the fact that Meditation only adds 10% to attack and a bit of accuracy and Critical hit (atleast that's what the skill description says but I only do crit attacks when I use AOEs). To sum it all up, the additional damage an Archmagus gets is negligible since its only 10%. But the Escape skill is really priceless! I myself would redefine to DP once I get the money to buy the class redefine pill.

By the way, my statement only applies to Magus>Dark priest class (wouldn't do summoner>DP since it sucks because you would not be able to maximize the use of your animii).
Once GW and CW tp's are gone you need STRATEGY for pk'ing

I do understand the fact taht we have different perception in terms of pk, but for me teleporting away to your HQ is not always the trick, back of a little wait for additional party members then PK.

just my 2 centz.

May i ask what level is your DP now randz2004?
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentMcFly View Post
Once GW and CW tp's are gone you need STRATEGY for pk'ing

I do understand the fact taht we have different perception in terms of pk, but for me teleporting away to your HQ is not always the trick, back of a little wait for additional party members then PK.

just my 2 centz.

May i ask what level is your DP now randz2004?
My DP is now level 42 with elite skills on all the elements. Still getting my elite dark spells almost there basic 56/ expert 48. I make money out of teleporting people from ether to HQ and a little farming of my own. As for our different perceptions of pk, I respect your opinion, but I think I can better apply the strategy randz2004 is saying, because with DP you can go all out and be as aggressive as you wanna be knowing that if you will find yourself in a sticky situation you always have the means to escape that predicament and for that reason I was convinced that for me the DP is my type of mystic.
Old   #14

@AgentMcFly

My DP is now lvl 49. I Raid solo so I don't have partymates to rely on (that's because when you're a cheater you would prefer to be a loner hehehe). Yeah I agree that proting out is not always good but it would save you alot of Contribution Points specially when you are being mobbed by characters that have lower levels than you. Also, I raid bellato alot and if I see a RMAU there's no other choice but to run and use escape when situation gets critical.
Old   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by randz2004 View Post
@AgentMcFly

My DP is now lvl 49. I Raid solo so I don't have partymates to rely on (that's because when you're a cheater you would prefer to be a loner hehehe). Yeah I agree that proting out is not always good but it would save you alot of Contribution Points specially when you are being mobbed by characters that have lower levels than you. Also, I raid bellato alot and if I see a RMAU there's no other choice but to run and use escape when situation gets critical.
And/or if your a loner theres a high tendency to become a cheater. Hahaha