Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Upcoming 5.2 classic server project

Discussion on Upcoming 5.2 classic server project within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 05/21/2021, 20:20   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrodss3 View Post
nice just would appreciate it if u rethik the boxing/slaves thing if you want aclassic experience and healthy player base it shouldn't be allowed
We'll see how it plays out and if needed I'll patch it out again / introduce toggle buffs. But for anything below Epic 7 I don't think it'll be an actual issue.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/21/2021, 21:48   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven Worry View Post
We'll see how it plays out and if needed I'll patch it out again / introduce toggle buffs. But for anything below Epic 7 I don't think it'll be an actual issue.
it's not actual issue for epics, but infact a solution for people with lower end computers under entry level to smoothly run games like league of legends above 40-60fps low settings. so theyll have a fair shot in rappelz too.
Old 05/22/2021, 12:22   #48

Happy to test this out. Best of luck
Old 05/22/2021, 16:53   #49

I've had some interesting and insightful chats with other people and decided to reconsider my initial approach of going "full retail". While working on this it became apparent that this game has many design flaws on top of a myriad of problems which ultimately encourage exploitative behavior. More on that later but for the time being, expect these changes to happen and being part of the upcoming beta.

Changelog
  • Feathers have been removed from the game. Instead Summoners will now have access to a new ability that lets them summon one party member on a moderate cooldown.
  • My stance towards buff slaves has changed. The majority of buffs are now a toggle ability that benefits party members in close vicinity. As a result of this change some buffs receive minor reworks (Breeder is a good example) to accommodate for the changes.
  • Some other servers have a similar feature while allowing the stacking of class specific buffs. This won't be the case on this server.
  • Plenty of bugs and exploits have been fixed. (Does it ever stop?)

I also got someone who's insight and ideas will fuel the future of this project while managing the community aspect of the server. Expect to hear from them once I have the website plus Discord up and running (old eta is unchanged as of now).
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2021, 20:01   #50

Since you're tweaking classes, are you planning on doing the same for pets? Siren, maybe octopus come to my mind
Old 05/30/2021, 01:28   #51

Will you allow dualboxing? Or is this meant to be like a pure old school version of 5.2?
Also with parties I like the feature of some other servers where exp rates is increased the more join the party. Say 80% max increase for a full 8/8/ party. I think that would be cool in this server.

In these epic range finding people to do stuff together was always the biggest challenge.
Old 06/07/2021, 14:10   #52

How is progress going so far?
Greetings
Old 07/08/2021, 09:31   #53

any progress? think your ideas are interesting and look forward to seeing it in action
Old 07/08/2021, 20:30   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsv1 View Post
Will you allow dualboxing? Or is this meant to be like a pure old school version of 5.2?
Also with parties I like the feature of some other servers where exp rates is increased the more join the party. Say 80% max increase for a full 8/8/ party. I think that would be cool in this server.

In these epic range finding people to do stuff together was always the biggest challenge.
i would prefer not to have the party bonus exp especially if it wasn't there on official 5.2
Old 09/30/2021, 03:46   #55

Whats the update?
Old 10/05/2021, 13:48   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwestDMC View Post
Whats the update?
+1
Old 10/10/2021, 01:17   #57

Quote: