Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Upcoming 5.2 classic server project

Discussion on Upcoming 5.2 classic server project within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 05/17/2021, 12:24   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marschall83 View Post
I like the idea of a epic 5.2 server very much. But I can`t understand why you would evolve it to 7.2. Maybe you can start two servers (one "real classic server" stuck with 5.2 and one "evolving server" from 5.2 to 7.2), if it`s possible.

I start playing rappelz with late epic 3 till epic 7.1 (with a really short restart at epic 8.2).

The main reasons why I quit rappelz are the following (maybe not the correct chronologic order).
  • Pet cards can drop from any mob. I like it when only blue pixies can drop empty blue pixie cards. I loved the times where a mass of players hunting low level blue pixies, yetis and orks right over the bridges in laksy .
  • The non unique pet skills with epic 5.1 (e.g. I loved shamic warrior buff from an orc and so on).
  • The bear dungeon and the koala as pet. Imho it just doesn`t fit to rappelz.
  • Dura/ethereal equipment: The start of random gambling (like the good description in )
  • The pet staging system. This was the point were the pets are no companions anymore and just get things (to combine). I still kept my first pantera even if I had "better" pets (first orc, than hawk, than kenta, then cerb).
  • T-pro --> supports the "pet are just things" point

tl;dr: My whish or advice is to keep it vanilla like you can (and don`t evolve it to 7.2 please) and don`t exaggerate with hv/npc buffs (maybe just lv5 buffs).
I don`t think you will see just a few classes (assassin). All classes have its value and charm. I don`t know when some people played the game. But I can`t remember when blue pixies can replace a priest/bishop in a dungeon party . If you have 1x rates it takes time to see the first evo3 blue pixies .
CS items (like ss or gmfb) shouldn`t be availabe by a npc shop. They should be in the drop table of all mobs. I think a good rate would be 2-3x chance of an empty pet card (orc rarity).

I would join if the server will stuck at epic 5.2.
Anyway I wish you good luck.
Most of your concerns are already taken care of, see here

Updating from 5.2 to eventually 7.2 is just a roadmap to give players an incentive to progress. The server will be on 5.2 and 6.X for a long time and I'll make sure to figure out when the time to update is just right. There will be beta runs for those updates and if the players don't like it then I'll reconsider.

The first months or maybe years will be as classic as it gets. Other than bug fixes, and the availability of certain cs items, there is no custom content planned. This might change for 7.X, however.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/17/2021, 12:28   #32

Quote:
Nope, my guild History was
  • Templer with the legendary Sturmhaube (one of the highest and best Knights), Adempta (priest)
  • SIG (Rubinho, maja1)
  • OneSky with famous players like Snaythe, Flari, Rainnman (most famous tamer in this Server), murdha
  • and many more good people I forgot their names
watched old video of fiadro's duels and pk action on horizon north. you were in constellation back to epic 7.2 while ago.
he jumped on you to pk your champion so if i recall correctly you were in constellation. legitimate proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven Worry View Post

Updating from 5.2 to eventually 7.2 is just a roadmap to give players an incentive to progress. The server will be on 5.2 and 6.X for a long time and I'll make sure to figure out when the time to update is just right. There will be beta runs for those updates and if the players don't like it then I'll reconsider.

The first months or maybe years will be as classic as it gets. Other than bug fixes, and the availability of certain cs items, there is no custom content planned. This might change for 7.X, however.
i don't mind custom content how ever, consider the idea rebalancing druid's recklessness skills by just reducing cooldowns from 10m minutes to like 4-5minutes per buff. it's too long for this class to actually be competitively capable in pve and pvp as a support class including. on epic5 this decision isn't ideal but for epic6-e7.2 it's actually worth while.

in any case. dont add too much custom things because there's very small gap between rebalancing and making something seriouslly broken.
Old 05/17/2021, 15:58   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanYanRou View Post
in any case. dont add too much custom things because there's very small gap between rebalancing and making something seriouslly broken.
That's where the retail approach stems from. I can tinker with stuff and code but I'm in no way a game designer nor qualified to balance a game that is meant to by played with that many people.
Old 05/17/2021, 20:20   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanYanRou View Post
watched old video of fiadro's duels and pk action on horizon north. you were in constellation back to epic 7.2 while ago.
he jumped on you to pk your champion so if i recall correctly you were in constellation. legitimate proof.
When I quit rappelz in epic 7.1 I gave the account to the young neighbor boy (he was about 13 yrs. old). So I don`t know what happens with this char after this point .
So you might recalled correctly (but It wasn`t me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven Worry View Post

Ok, it sounds good.
Old 05/17/2021, 23:36   #35

Quote:
I like the idea of a epic 5.2 server very much. But I can`t understand why you would evolve it to 7.2. Maybe you can start two servers (one "real classic server" stuck with 5.2 and one "evolving server" from 5.2 to 7.2), if it`s possible.

I start playing rappelz with late epic 3 till epic 7.1 (with a really short restart at epic 8.2).

The main reasons why I quit rappelz are the following (maybe not the correct chronologic order).
  • Pet cards can drop from any mob. I like it when only blue pixies can drop empty blue pixie cards. I loved the times where a mass of players hunting low level blue pixies, yetis and orks right over the bridges in laksy .
  • The non unique pet skills with epic 5.1 (e.g. I loved shamic warrior buff from an orc and so on).
  • The bear dungeon and the koala as pet. Imho it just doesn`t fit to rappelz.
  • Dura/ethereal equipment: The start of random gambling (like the good description in )
  • The pet staging system. This was the point were the pets are no companions anymore and just get things (to combine). I still kept my first pantera even if I had "better" pets (first orc, than hawk, than kenta, then cerb).
  • T-pro --> supports the "pet are just things" point

tl;dr: My whish or advice is to keep it vanilla like you can (and don`t evolve it to 7.2 please) and don`t exaggerate with hv/npc buffs (maybe just lv5 buffs).
I don`t think you will see just a few classes (assassin). All classes have its value and charm. I don`t know when some people played the game. But I can`t remember when blue pixies can replace a priest/bishop in a dungeon party . If you have 1x rates it takes time to see the first evo3 blue pixies .
CS items (like ss or gmfb) shouldn`t be availabe by a npc shop. They should be in the drop table of all mobs. I think a good rate would be 2-3x chance of an empty pet card (orc rarity).

I would join if the server will stuck at epic 5.2.
Anyway I wish you good luck.
if you played during staged pets then you should know how strong a staged BP is. Even by 7.2 they can just be as useful as a healer I would rather bring another dps at that point than have dead weight like a healer that wont do much work since most of their party will be assassins with octopus buff and staged BPs
Old 05/18/2021, 08:29   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoul010 View Post
if you played during staged pets then you should know how strong a staged BP is. Even by 7.2 they can just be as useful as a healer I would rather bring another dps at that point than have dead weight like a healer that wont do much work since most of their party will be assassins with octopus buff and staged BPs
As I wrote, I quit within 7.1 (where staging was implemented). I think it was not good for a MMORPG to create the possibility to replace a real player with npcs/pets.
That was one of the reasons why I quit and why I hope this server will stay at 5.2 .

I don`t need/want it higher, faster, gambling, solo, daily quests (you feel to be forced to play). I was fine with PP was highest dungeon (after that you had to farm in Marduka).
But the Implementation of the sanctuary, dragon Dungeons and R6/7 equip was not bad . Changing the meta (like pet staging) was much worse.
Old 05/18/2021, 11:08   #37

Quote:
As I wrote, I quit within 7.1 (where staging was implemented). I think it was not good for a MMORPG to create the possibility to replace a real player with npcs/pets.
That was one of the reasons why I quit and why I hope this server will stay at 5.2 .

I don`t need/want it higher, faster, gambling, solo, daily quests (you feel to be forced to play). I was fine with PP was highest dungeon (after that you had to farm in Marduka).
But the Implementation of the sanctuary, dragon Dungeons and R6/7 equip was not bad . Changing the meta (like pet staging) was much worse.
the highest dungeon after pp in e7 was sanctuary-solus aurum. started right after witch quest was implemented(e6) and soon enough veiled island was changed- mob's level was rised to 140+ toe the main area where skoll used to be.
i'd say staged pets, dura gear, even tpros were still alright especially for private servers. for official-tpros became lost cause. even durability gears until certain point were fine, but in the end it destroyed the game. just look at epic 9.. all master classes rebalanced to the point and buff/skill wise that people dont want to dp-they can just solo all day getting all the drops for themselves. and thats just the minimum damage that was done to a lower rate servers on modern epics.
looking at a pvp-it's complete trash. i just dont enjoy pvp/pve in epics above 8.1 and this is the point past months most of time spent searching for lower rate server around e7 or 8.1 high rate insta starting one. there been one but closed due to high inactivity. players are divided these days-too many servers open and nothing really has something to make them stick at one place for a long time. especially if you want to pvp. they either give some ap/gp cards by farming mobs or from quests or give random ap ammount for spamming mobs with aoe on the last hit and getting tons of ap in matter of minutes. that destroyed reason of doing arena to get the soul stones, changed price decos and certain weapons to actually get to the point where fully geared characters comes from...
I lost count how many servers i've tried past months, but it wasnt as many servers i've ever played more than 6years ago.
Old 05/19/2021, 13:46   #38

Thanks to the valid criticism in this thread I decided to give in and implement some custom changes which hopefully address some problems later down the road.

Changelog
  • GFMB has been removed from the game
  • Added a new self buff abilitiy for the Druid, Priest and Bishop which allows them to self resurrect once every 20 minutes. Given the supportive role of these classes, I believe this makes them more valuable in party play. This is experimental and will be balanced based on player feedback later down the line.
  • Both Knight and Soldier now have a new ability, Tank Stance. This is a self toggle that adds small percentage based enmity generation to both autoattacks and abilities. It also lowers damage dealt slightly while increasing defensive stats. It allows for those classes to be more efficient / desired in scenarios where a party would profit from having a dedicated tank. This is experimental and will be balanced based on player feedback later down the line.
  • Both Priest and Bishop now have a new ability, Cleric Stance. This is a self toggle that increases damage dealt while lowering your healing done. This lets healers contribute more to killspeed in party compositions where the healing requirements are not as tough or met through other means. This is experimental and will be balanced based on player feedback later down the line.
  • Druid now has access to a new single target healing abilitiy. While this has a longer cooldown than the Priest/Bishop counterpart, this allows them to be more effective in group play.
  • Druid now has access to a new single target damage ability. This is spamable and is a option for those who wish to spec into a more magic-dps oriented build. This is experimental and will be balanced based on player feedback later down the line.

Balance changes
This one is not relevant for 5.2 but comes into play for future updates.
  • The Octopus ability Bloodthirst has been removed from the game.
  • Instead, the Octopus now has access to Bloodlust.
  • Bloodlust grants the target increased attack speed / cast speed / movespeed for a short duration. While under the effect of Bloodlust, damage dealt by abilities recover a small flat amount of life and mana.

More to come soon. Stay tuned!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/19/2021, 16:37   #39

you guys are so degenerate...
how come you make a 5.2 server without people??????
failure
Old 05/19/2021, 17:26   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by furydz View Post
you guys are so degenerate...
how come you make a 5.2 server without people??????
failure
Excuse me? Why, because I can. (;
Old 05/19/2021, 18:52   #41

quoting katarina.. huh
5.2 is playable only if you have 1000+ concurrent players
Old 05/20/2021, 00:04   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by furydz View Post
quoting katarina.. huh
5.2 is playable only if you have 1000+ concurrent players
Nah. We'll be fine with less.

Small update to keep you guys informed: Both the custom client and latest server build are now stable. The database (for 5.1) still needs some work but I'm confident the first beta might happen sooner than originally planned. I also got informed about some ingame exploits I wasn't aware of yet and am working on fixing those as we speak.

New eta is late June / first week or July. It'll feature Epic 5.1 including the aforementioned fixes. Please do note that other than ruling out some items (gfmb) there won't be any custom balance changes in there. Those are planned for late Epic 6 / early Epic 7.
Old 05/21/2021, 12:56   #43

iam in when will it be released?

just a note: you might want to rethink lowering the xp rates and allowing boxing as both would have anegative impact on the server population, other than that most things sound pretty good
Old 05/21/2021, 13:36   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrodss3 View Post
iam in when will it be released?

just a note: you might want to rethink lowering the xp rates and allowing boxing as both would have anegative impact on the server population, other than that most things sound pretty good
all rates should be classic original x1, not more, not less
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/21/2021, 14:38   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient2020 View Post
all rates should be classic original x1, not more, not less
nice just would appreciate it if u rethik the boxing/slaves thing if you want aclassic experience and healthy player base it shouldn't be allowed