Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

rdb software

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
rdb software

ok so i know rdbs are databases packed and can be hashed to be used in the client-side.

but is there a chance to open an rdb and see its columns and contents without making a pre-made lua\dll rdb opener like we do using glandu2's rdb with tabs software?.

Old   #2

maybe nobody understood what i meant xd.

does rdb fields arguments matter to which extent ? like float32 or float8 and int or tinyint.

Old   #3

EDIT### this tool doesn't work with RDB that we use to work with :/ ### I think we can with this Tool :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefear511 View Post

does rdb fields arguments matter to which extent ? like float32 or float8 and int or tinyint.
I Think the rdb it's the Table it Self :?

Here Somme information from Wiki

PHP Code:
##### Rdb/VMS is a relational database management system (RDBMS) for the Hewlett-Packard OpenVMS operating system. In 1994 DEC sold the Rdb division to Oracle Corporation where it was rebranded Oracle Rdb. ##### 
i guess it's like a container or somthing like that
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I think we can with this Tool :?

I Think the rdb it's the Table it Self :?

Here Somme information from Wiki

PHP Code:
##### Rdb/VMS is a relational database management system (RDBMS) for the Hewlett-Packard OpenVMS operating system. In 1994 DEC sold the Rdb division to Oracle Corporation where it was rebranded Oracle Rdb. ##### 
i guess it's like a container or somthing like that
just tried it , it doesn't open normal rdbs we have.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,130
You need to create a custom reader it is actually a proprietary file format created by the early Rappelz developers specifically for Rappelz.

There also seems to be some sort of encryption going on as well.

glandu2 would know way more than I do though. I am not sure on the importance of the fields until it is going to interact with the database itself because those are all defined in the database table also.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

Quote:

These aren't arguments, they're the data type and yes they do matter.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Blaze View Post
These aren't arguments, they're the data type and yes they do matter.
pardon my low knowledge and how can i know which type some columns i have in a table? i tried schema they do give types but not float etc but rather int & tinyint real int etc.
Old   #8

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,130
Well for one you could compare to the data types that are listed in the table design of the database.

Just right click on the table listing in the database and select design.

It should be the same as the RDB so if you know what the column name is look up that column name in the database design and you have your data type.

I am sure there are other ways getting it directly from the RDB but I don't have a lot of knowledge in file formats either.
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNikk View Post
Well for one you could compare to the data types that are listed in the table design of the database.

Just right click on the table listing in the database and select design.

It should be the same as the RDB so if you know what the column name is look up that column name in the database design and you have your data type.

I am sure there are other ways getting it directly from the RDB but I don't have a lot of knowledge in file formats either.
for example my table has a column "id" and the design says its an "int" datatype and my rdb field says its a "TYPE_INT32" datatype, so how am I supposed to be sure that those are the right combinations and it's not supposed to be a FLOAT32 instead or it should be a "real int" in the design.
Old   #10

Quote:
pardon my low knowledge and how can i know which type some columns i have in a table? i tried schema they do give types but not float etc but rather int & tinyint real int etc.
Refer to this page

For integers it's pretty simple:
bigint = TYPE_INT64, integer = TYPE_INT32, smallint = TYPE_INT16 and tinyint = TYPE_INT8.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Blaze View Post
Refer to this page

For integers it's pretty simple:
bigint = TYPE_INT64, integer = TYPE_INT32, smallint = TYPE_INT16 and tinyint = TYPE_INT8.
thanks mate lets hope it will benifit my experiments.
Old   #12
You're the one who died

elite*gold: 159
Received Thanks: 3,301
glandus tool creates a table with the matching column types by default when importing rdbs.

Some rdbs got changed to a new format (EnhanceEffect maybe? not sure) which use the format you're looking for.

Thanks
2 Users