Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Old Epics vs New Epics Rant. A Wake Up Call.

Discussion on Old Epics vs New Epics Rant. A Wake Up Call. within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 01/05/2018, 20:36   #16

elite*gold: 6190
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSM98 View Post
Not really asking for "hard" server. We all know that retail Rappelz was designed to be a P2W cash grab. You either had to pay alot of money to satisfy you basic needs (like getting stamina savers) to play normally or not spend anything and play "hard" mode.
No one wants that poisonous "hard" mode. x2 or x3 exp rates are fine. But x30 and x40 rates? c'mon.

40 players is the average population for most Rappelz servers (Excluding Revo, because it's where all arabs are there)
So 40 players isn't that bad.
As an exemple: Shiva-rappelz has 50 players online right now on their 9.4 server.
and 14 other players online on the 6.2 server.
Almost third of their playerbase want the oldschool one.

Those needs are the same for every server regardless of epic and rates.
Well you just assumed on your own that the server will open and die.
You assumed that 40 players will come and half of them will leave when cash shop opens...
"Wohoho cash shop in Rappelz ? What a twist of events! I didn't see that coming, let's leave this server."
We know it's coming. It always does.
What makes you think that people are willing to pay for Tame-Protect (for exemple) on high rate server but won't buy them on old school one ?
That's just your own assumption, not based on anything.

Isn't that true from most servers here ? Servers opening and dying every two months regardless of that they are offering.
It has nothing to do with the Epic. You know it and I know it,
It's because of all those copy/pasta Dev that just host a server then they have no idea how to manage it.

Here's a funny exemple:

This is the amazing oldschool Epic 7.0 O2gaming server.

The entire website have ONE news post.
It was posted back 2017-09-11 when the server launched.

You know who wrote that post for them ? ME.
Their original announcement was so bad that I volunteered to rewrite it for them.
And it stopped there, they didn't bother to post anything on their website ever gain.

Servers die in 1-2 months because of $h!t Devs.
It has nothing to do with what game they are hosting.

---------------------------------------------------
Now for @roller334
---------------------------------------------------

Well... why are you even here then ?
It's my thread, my post.
If you don't want to read what OP is discussing then... leave.
I can also type HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xD you don't know anything you nab please gtfo and play hello kitty online hahahaha ;D. But that won't help the discussion in any way.

So, if I'm not allowed to guess who you are, what makes you think you're allowed to guess who I am.
Why you're just assuming that I won't have fun on an old school server and I'm just nostalgic.

See ? That's exactly my problem with the game.

You see "Solo Everything" as a good thing.
Well, I see is as a bad thing.
I don't want to solo stuff, I want to play with people like I used to. Otherwise there are much better solo games.
I want to group with 7 ppl who play different classes. That's exactly what I'am looking for.

A agree that earlier epics had ALOT of problems when it comes to control, UI etc...
My only problem is the content and the insane high rates.
I have no problems playing on a Epic 9 build downgraded to Epic 6 or 7
(meaning the server files and the client are from Epic 9, but the new dungeons are locked, the new gear never drops, the soul pet never drop, masterclass are not obtainable etc...)

Man you really don't get it.
There is no "solo grinding" in old school (unless you're a cashshop whale with a level r7 pet).
No one asking for old school servers (of any game) to solo grind.

Plus yeah... that's how mages are in any game. They deal alot of damage but die fast if you stun them in PVP or if they pull extra mobs in PVE.
But they are nowhere near being "unbalanced", they do what mages are supposed to do.

Thank you for going away, it's clear that we have complete different taste. And I'm glad that you have all those amazing solo-player servers to run around with 200k health and 500 move speed and slap mobs in the face and feel good about yourself.
Sorry but it doesn't matter what you say .. there's no big different btw old epics and the new epics .. but most of the players who was playing the old epics in the official they left the game and the new players (who came to the game in 2013 ,14,15..) they don't like the old epics but any way the game is dead but there's some chance to provide a good new epics servers like Revo in the Arabic community .
I'm waiting for The new Rappelz(Rappelz reborn) if it's true the game will be this year .. i will work hard to get the server files to rappelz community i hope it will be a good start for a new rappelz .

PS. As a successful server owner i provide only the good servers with a good service for the players so i won't open a server if there's no chance to make a successful server that stay online alot of time and contain alot of players , i don't like to waist my hard work and time on 1 month server . this is what the most successful and pro devs think .
Old 01/05/2018, 21:06   #17

elite*gold: 0
You seem offended for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Informatics View Post
but most of the players who was playing the old epics in the official they left the game and the new players (who came to the game in 2013 ,14,15..) they don't like the old epics
Epic 7 for exemple was released in 2011.
And whenever a new Epic 7 pops up people jump in and play just like they do on an Epic 9 server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Informatics View Post
As a successful server owner i provide only the good servers with a good service for the players so i won't open a server if there's no chance to make a successful server that stay online alot of time and contain alot of players , i don't like to waist my hard work and time on 1 month server . this is what the most successful and pro devs think .
Well of course, you need to believe on something before you make it.
Your business is successful and I respect you for that.

My point is : It's not successful because it's Epic 9.x,
It's not successful because it's offering the latest Rappelz content,

It's successful because YOU as a Dev and as a Manager are doing a great job.
The server is not running itself on its own.

If for some reason you decided to launch a Metin2 private server you will probably succeed. It's not about the game itself, it's about who's behind it.

And again, the 1-2 month server are not failing because they are running Epic X or Y.
They are failing because they are $h!t people.
Old 01/05/2018, 22:59   #18

i smoke drow we want to smoke.. äh play your **** !

do it, and allow donations only and ofc in btc too updates only once a week or once every forthnight is totally acceptable. (at least if most critical bugs are fixed)

**** man.. go back to rappelz after all that years of playing is like.. woow
Old 01/07/2018, 00:35   #19

im just confused that ppl can play a higher version of this game. the ui changes, the garbage hp bars are killing my eyes. nothing feels satisfying aswell. dumb masterclasses made everything even more unbalanced. soulpets killed the old pets. pvp is trash, this game became trash which is sad because it had some potential, it couldve been a decent mmo with hacknslay like features. wondering why there are no decent servers? because of the greed of some devs. "but they have to pay for their server" sure m8, be transparent and show your community what you do with the cash, open a donationgoal, but who does that? literally nobody. we had an endless discussion with a scumbag in this section and yet ppl from this section managed to feed him and im just like wtf are you that stupid and there were even ppl protecting him.
#rantoff

in order to get some positive change in this community the community itself and the devs attitude have to change and tbh this will never happen.
if you really want to play on a decent server you better start praying to *** that drow or thunder are willing to create one for you and maintain it.
the asian guy or fear might be able to create a good one aswell but it would take more time i guess.
Old 01/07/2018, 03:28   #20

Full disclosure I had to walk away from the 7.2 project of Ghost's primarily because of time, I have two young daughters 4 and 2 months, them alongside my wife and job occupy 95% of my time. What little time I do get free is normally droned away playing my ps4 with a dash of working on rMOD. (Which I won't spoil but has a ******** redesign of structure management underway )

HOWEVER, I had the thought today while slaving away for "the man" that instead of any donation or any cs or anything like that you would simply HAVE TO pay 1-2$ or so to register an account + the ability to pay 1$ a week for premium (slightly higher rates and more features at npcs etc)

I would use my already 6.3 files which have years of work behind them and from what I remember are almost if not completely bug free. This would come with the explicit warning that I would/could be absent entirely for long spans of time. I would of course fix any immediate or game threatening bugs/glitches etc.

However if young developers would want to assist in maintaining the server I would be willing to work with them to see it happen so needless to say I'm open to discussions.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/07/2018, 07:53   #21

*HAVE TO pay 1-2$ or so to register an account + the ability to pay 1$ a week for premium*
I agree to pay that & to play on it ~
Old 01/07/2018, 13:47   #22

The game requires too much development to have any lasting joy.

Old epics while fun lack so much progression that anyone will get bored in a short ammount of time.

The problem with most Pservers ive seen is this, they are pay to win, just cheaper than retail. They are also %99 of the time corrupt with boosted players, devs, friends of GM etc.

Some of the best Rappelz times were when mobs dropped their own pet cards, gala released new pets every few months, farming cards, finding reputable tamers etc, this was the essence of rappelz.

It was lost long ago when they gave up on making new pets, decided to milk other classes for money to be broken OP.

To make a lasting server now would require alot of work, some new concepts and class balance, new pets, removal of all the things that most peopple play P servers for.

+25 gear, PW and hemlet + skills are all anyone wants , so they can feel like they would on retail if they had $ to spend.

That mentality makes it hard for devs to make a non p2w server.

offer cool cosmetics ? yeah no one wants that ****.

pay for HV or normal CS items ? wh yplay p server ?

game is at a dead end unless some truly amazing, dedicated devs get stuck in and make something people would donate for just to play, sadly this wont happen because eveyrone just wants to be OP solo players.
Old 01/08/2018, 18:24   #23

old epics die fast because of low rates , 2x-3x rates is not enough for pvp because you need parties at 2x exp without pary you cant get lvl at low rate, you need atleast 10 people online every lvl gap 20-50 , 50-80 ,80-100 , 100-120 , 120 -135 ,135-150 and 150+ and having that many online is hard , i m waiting for epic 7 high rate pk based server , zero buffs or only move speed %60 buff

sorry bad english
Old 01/08/2018, 19:10   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoodyo View Post
The game requires too much development to have any lasting joy.

Old epics while fun lack so much progression that anyone will get bored in a short ammount of time.

The problem with most Pservers ive seen is this, they are pay to win, just cheaper than retail. They are also %99 of the time corrupt with boosted players, devs, friends of GM etc.

Some of the best Rappelz times were when mobs dropped their own pet cards, gala released new pets every few months, farming cards, finding reputable tamers etc, this was the essence of rappelz.

It was lost long ago when they gave up on making new pets, decided to milk other classes for money to be broken OP.

To make a lasting server now would require alot of work, some new concepts and class balance, new pets, removal of all the things that most peopple play P servers for.

+25 gear, PW and hemlet + skills are all anyone wants , so they can feel like they would on retail if they had $ to spend.

That mentality makes it hard for devs to make a non p2w server.

offer cool cosmetics ? yeah no one wants that shit.

pay for HV or normal CS items ? wh yplay p server ?

game is at a dead end unless some truly amazing, dedicated devs get stuck in and make something people would donate for just to play, sadly this wont happen because eveyrone just wants to be OP solo players.

All CS items, HV, Tents, SS, etc. could be ingame rewards for quests or simply be rewarded by collecting tokens from boss mobs. For example Takin and Soul Seeker drop Item XYZ and 20 of them are needed for an R5 Cloak or so.
Same principal with other mobs and items, etc.
Not that it would be oh so great but it would reward the grind and get rid of the problem with the donation. I guess if anything you should get tent + hv as donation rewards.

You could simulate a crafting system with the combine system but well that's something else to talk about.

About the "old" times. At one point be it 120+ (for epic 4) or 200+ (current I think) you will hit a dead end. At this point everything becomes rather meaningless besides grinding for pet cards, leveling up pets, doing sieges or simply do pk (horizon field pk was fun).
The only difference is that depending on the version you have better rates. I remember killing Betty and grinding in ToA simply because the exp was better than mass killing in Hellroom after 115+. If you throw in another dungeon like Sanctuary you can of course add another location to add on that but again.... at one point you will and in my opinion should hit a dead end or a soft cap like in e4.

You could grind till lv 125 or 130 I think in Marduka but after that it was soooo slow but again... in my opinion not a bad thing. You could grind indefinetely but still squeeze out that 0.00000001% exp.

Doesn't matter if you do it on lvl 120 or on lvl 150 if you ask me.

The game itself requires a minimum population otherwise it won't work (hence mmorpg....). Rate like x3 or x5 are okay if everything else stays normal but again... you still need people to party since you shouldn't have any hlp nor op buffs.
Old 01/09/2018, 07:05   #25

elite*gold: 50
Well i love to do with smoke older epic (6.2-highest to 8.1 but custom one)but it is up to him with whom and to who he trust with this low epic project
Old 01/09/2018, 14:52   #26

If I do it, it will have the leveling feel of e5.2, where I can remember doing 13+ dps back to back to go from 116-120 one day. Return pet taming rates to near impossible in the upper tiers. I can remember when a gm tested fail/tame rate on 150 angel cards and tamed less than 5 of them.

That was because the rate was 2% if I remember correctly ha ha, wd was even worse. I can remember when it took Kwonaiden FOR ******* EVER to get 150 plus and he was basically a hero.

I'm honestly not against helping @アルカード do a down port in the 9.4 engine to 6.2 era.
  • No dura
    • Perhaps eventually create new items with the dura system
  • No master class
  • Return monster exp/stats/rewards/drops to e5.2 era
    • Adjust new dungeon monsters/bosses to an acceptable strength for our down patch
  • Completely remove soul pets
  • Completely revert skills/states to 6.2 or lower
  • Completely revert base stats to 6.2 or lower

The newer engines are undeniably a better choice than the old school engines because of what many already know. Nostalgia wears off fast, the UI and actual game engine in the 9.1+ era are simply too powerful and versatile to ignore.

@アルカード my skype got buggered so I have a new one, shoot me a pm and we'll get reconnected. If you're willing to put in some leg work I'm def willing to help and direct you and set **** up.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/09/2018, 15:08   #27

elite*gold: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWisdom View Post
If I do it, it will have the leveling feel of e5.2, where I can remember doing 13+ dps back to back to go from 116-120 one day. Return pet taming rates to near impossible in the upper tiers. I can remember when a gm tested fail/tame rate on 150 angel cards and tamed less than 5 of them.

That was because the rate was 2% if I remember correctly ha ha, wd was even worse. I can remember when it took Kwonaiden FOR ******* EVER to get 150 plus and he was basically a hero.

I'm honestly not against helping @アルカード do a down port in the 9.4 engine to 6.2 era.
  • No dura
    • Perhaps eventually create new items with the dura system
  • No master class
  • Return monster exp/stats/rewards/drops to e5.2 era
    • Adjust new dungeon monsters/bosses to an acceptable strength for our down patch
  • Completely remove soul pets
  • Completely revert skills/states to 6.2 or lower
  • Completely revert base stats to 6.2 or lower

The newer engines are undeniably a better choice than the old school engines because of what many already know. Nostalgia wears off fast, the UI and actual game engine in the 9.1+ era are simply too powerful and versatile to ignore.

@アルカード my skype got buggered so I have a new one, shoot me a pm and we'll get reconnected. If you're willing to put in some leg work I'm def willing to help and direct you and set **** up.
you got my skype in pm
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/09/2018, 16:37   #28

a new hope was born <3
Old 01/10/2018, 22:18   #29

hopefully it will be a lasting adventure guys
Old 01/11/2018, 11:09   #30

IF you make a server like that it would amazeballs, farming +1 tamting cards to try and make that elusive +5 back in the day was a blast, going out to farm empties was also fun.

Just dont go too overboard empties drop a million times more than they used to but if you implement nigh impossible tame rate and super low drop rate no one will have pets.

i wish you luck.