Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[Help]Show me the way,please!

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help]Show me the way,please!

Hello guys.

I'm playing Rappelz since Epic 4. Have found this site (e*pvp for sure) while the first server? was launched (Age of Rappelz).
But now i want to learn some more than just playing, i would like to know how to make something on my own... Wanna try develop hings in this game but the problem is i dont know how should i start my way. Also i know - that will dont be a easy way!

I know that, here are very nice experienced developers like:
Pyrok, Xijezu, iSmokeDrow, gr4ph0s, Glandu, c1ph3r, wisp, Exiled & others!

Maybe some of you would like to show me how should i start, I am looking just for tips - not for finished work, you know what I mean? Dont want to be next one who name himself 'Developer' becouse he's able to create an .lua ...

* I'm pretty sure there will be hate-wave becouse im looking for help, but i just want to learn something new in my life, remember - we cant even stop learning in our lifes!

Sorry guys for my bad language but i guess u're able to understand me

Comment here if you want to help or just shout me a PM!

Regards, Saktum.

Old   #2

Received Thanks: 1,007
How about just doing what everyone else does?

Try to create Stuff, run into errors / etc and try to solve them with the help of Google or other Info Collections.

No one can tell you where to start, since you didnt even gave a way you want to go.

"But now i want to learn some more than just playing, i would like to know how to make something on my own... Wanna try develop hings in this game"

There are different types to be an DEV at Rappelz. Some calling themselve a dev for writing a *.lua (XDDDDDD), some other are very good at the Model stuff etc (greetz to lamia aka. Tweek here) and then there are guys wich are beasts with SQL and stuff like that. Also there are dev's wich "just" help developing with programming a 3rd person app to support some things etc pp.

Just writing i want to learn more, but no clue where to start, isnt enough.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOneRaskim View Post
Just writing i want to learn more, but no clue where to start, isnt enough.
Hey Raskim, thanks for answer, thats my bad. Forgot that there are some types of devs... What about if i 'like' to work with SQL, luas? Is there any tips i would like to give me at this point?

Other question is, which programing language should i learn to 'improve my experience' in this section?

Thanks for answers & regards, Saktum.
Old   #4

• Google before you ask
  • Be ready to drown yourself in errors before you get anywhere
  • Be ready to code your own tools
  • Take chances, don't be a *****. No one likes *******
  • Innovate, don't just keep reforming the same wheel
  • For *** sakes don't put out any more GM tools :P
  • Figure out if c#/c++ is for you, you'll never know until you have an idea and attempt to code it
  • Write your lua as if you were writing in c#/c++
  • Be organized, write your thoughts down and plan them out before you attempt to execute them
  • Be committed, if you can't put in 10-15+ hours a day for the first couple years, you just don't have the dedication you're going to need
  • Remember:

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
  • Don't EVER listen to the haters and trust me there will be mountains of hate!!!
  • Use the *** **** search button (seriously though, google: epvp rappelz <search terms>) (e.g. epvp rappelz grimoire v2)

That's about all I got, good luck man and if you find yourself genuinely stumped feel free to pm me but before you do, please ask yourself. "Is he gonna think this question is retarded" and if you think yes AT ALL, don't ask me. :P

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWisdom View Post
[LIST][*] Be committed, if you can't put in 10-15+ hours a day for the first couple years, you just don't have the dedication you're going to need
Lol WTH. I doubt i have ever put in 10-15 hours in one day. xD

If you really want to get started on rappelz development than Youtube and Google are your best friend. I learned simply by jumping in feet first, not scared to get my feet wet. Of course this method left me with some unfinished projects but i learned a lot along the way. But everybody has their own learning style. Just do some research, don't be scared to try something new. There are some repacks and guides on the forum that will give you a good head start. Just be sure to use the "Search" feature before asking questions.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

I became a web developer because I made a pact with the Devil.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #7

start with ur pc ,
if he can do the job or not .
download the Sql server , find the biggest epic files that has so much problems ,
try to fix it one by one , try to open the server on ur pc with hamachi .
next step , write ur own scripts , only ask important questions ,
use reddit , use e*pvp ,
collect as much programming languages u can learn , they are almost the same :$
write down ur thoughs , what can u do , do u really want to dev rappelz ? how about another game as a beggining .
take chances ,
try to get to know friendly devs , lua scripting is easier as ur first language .

im not a dev to tell u that , but its the thing i did to take 1 step ahead .