Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

NGemity - An Open Source Rappelz Emulator

Discussion on NGemity - An Open Source Rappelz Emulator within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old 07/19/2018, 21:57   #61

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 3,458
Going to push here once again.
The project is still being worked on (feel free to contribute, it's open source after all! ), even tho we don't have that much time now.
Biggest improvement right now is the replacement of ACE for boost(::asio). Server is more stable again.

Feel free to
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/15/2018, 06:47   #62

elite*gold: 182
Bump.

Server is pretty stable at this point.
We have upgraded to the E4 client released in 2008 and the server stays running for days now without too many issues. Alot of core functions are implemented and it is definitely playable.

We can however use more testers so anyone willing to join now is the time. ^^
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/15/2018, 20:54   #63

@

Yeah, we have build up a very active and helpful community. Only from July till now we have added around ~30.000 lines of code to the emulator, fixed several issues and critical bugs. Our goal is to finish the emulator for epic 4 and after we have polished and optimized it, we will use this as base to create emulators for epic 5, epic 6 ..., this definitely revolutionize the world of rappelz private server, 'cause every possible change on the serverside you can imagine, is possible then.
And everything we accomplish and do is good for everybody and not just a little elite group, because everything we do is visible to everybody in the world, 'cause this emulator is an open source project. If that's not beautiful and don't know what this word means.

Rappelz, the game we all love and played for so many hours is dying and it now needs everybody of you, only as a WE, we can resurrect this game. But don't be delusional it'll take some time and effort to come to a state of resurrection. And the more ppl are contributing to it, the faster we'll reach this point. EVERYBODY can contribute to this project btw. You don't need to be an c++ developer or developer at all, **** you don't even need to know what sql is. Just playing on our testservers and making good bug reports will help drastically.
But this doesn't mean that if you are an developer you can't help us too. The opposite is true, every helping hand is welcome and you will definitely learn a lot of stuff, 'cause let's be real the emulator is a huge and complex code base.

If you're interested and really want to see this game raising again, then join us on discord -

And if you're interested in what we did already take a look here
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/30/2018, 06:43   #64

Uhh, yeah. I guess that's it.
Old 08/30/2018, 09:45   #65

elite*gold: 15
That scks... hope you can continue to progress without github.
Good luck!
Old 08/30/2018, 12:54   #66

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
That's kind of weird...I can still access it.

I went to check and see if my fork was still available and it was out of curiosity I clicked on the main repository link it was forked from and I could still access that as well.

They also said there were no apparent forks and you can see right on the main page the 8 forks.
Old 08/30/2018, 13:07   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderNikk View Post
That's kind of weird...I can still access it.

I went to check and see if my fork was still available and it was out of curiosity I clicked on the main repository link it was forked from and I could still access that as well.

They also said there were no apparent forks and you can see right on the main page the 8 forks.
If you check it via the main link you'll get the DMCA notification:
The main repo it was forked from is "redirected" to the one from Xavier now since his was the first fork I guess?

ThunderNikk/RZEmulator
forked from XavierDeFawks/RZEmulator

And yeah, the forks are still all available. Xaviers, 0x5248s, glandus, all there. But the main repo is gone.
Old 08/30/2018, 15:07   #68

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
I guess "Emulator" didn't buy us any lee way! LOL

Wonder how much longer they can milk that retail cash cow.
Old 08/31/2018, 10:26   #69

You can upload the complete project in vs 2017
Old 09/21/2018, 22:38   #70

By the way, our Discord server (and my personal Discord account...) was taken down, too:

Webzen apparentely is trying to shut down everything related to the emu, partially even trying to take down everything related to me (that's a different story tho).
Old 09/23/2018, 01:00   #71

elite*gold: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
By the way, our Discord server (and my personal Discord account...) was taken down, too:

Webzen apparentely is trying to shut down everything related to the emu, partially even trying to take down everything related to me (that's a different story tho).
Ich wunder mich warum nur deine Projekte von Webzen geschlossen werden und keine andere T_T. Kenne keinen Privat Server der aufgrund von Webzen geschlossen wurde außer deinen.
Old 09/23/2018, 10:11   #72

Naja solche Projekte gerade am Anfang im Keim zu ersticken zahlt sich auf längere Sicht aus. Gerade bei grundlegenden Emus wie diesem hier.

Ich denke auch, dass gerade der relativ offene Zugang zum Disord, Forum und Git eventuell einfach zu einladend waren. Ich meine gegen einen fertigen Private Server kann man mitunter weniger machen (klar Forum down, hosting plattform sperren, etc.) wie gegen ein Entwicklungsprojekt, welches auf Sachen wie Git angewiesen ist.

Auf der anderen Seite verstehe ich Webzen nicht wirklich. Ich meine wenn eine Art Legacy Server in der Mache wäre - dann ja. Aber so? Ich glaube kaum, dass der Emu und die Private Server community einen ernsthaften wirtschaftlichen Schaden ausmachen.

KLeiner Nachtrag - selbst Git von nem ArcheAge Emu ist seit Monaten noch aktiv. Und mit ArcheAge lässt sich wahrscheinlich mehr Geld verdienen. Kann natürlich auch sein, dass ein Troll einfach das Projekt zu Fall bringen will.... naja... gibt's einen Plan für die Zukunft oder erstmal Kopf flach halten.
Old 09/23/2018, 13:40   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by #569 View Post
Ich wunder mich warum nur deine Projekte von Webzen geschlossen werden und keine andere T_T. Kenne keinen Privat Server der aufgrund von Webzen geschlossen wurde außer deinen.
Irgendwer auf dem NGemity-Discord meinte wohl, dass Webzen auch Shiva down genommen hat, aber das kann ich persönlich nicht bestätigen. Müsste mal einer von euch nachforschen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintynice View Post
Naja solche Projekte gerade am Anfang im Keim zu ersticken zahlt sich auf längere Sicht aus. Gerade bei grundlegenden Emus wie diesem hier.
Etwas übertrieben dargestellt: Das Projekt neigte sich auch ganz langsam dem Ende zu. Es fehlten nur noch einige Skillimplementationen und jede menge *hust* Bugfixes.

Quote:
Ich denke auch, dass gerade der relativ offene Zugang zum Disord, Forum und Git eventuell einfach zu einladend waren. Ich meine gegen einen fertigen Private Server kann man mitunter weniger machen (klar Forum down, hosting plattform sperren, etc.) wie gegen ein Entwicklungsprojekt, welches auf Sachen wie Git angewiesen ist.
Ein Vorteil hat es aber:
Das Internet vergisst nicht. Und wir sind nicht unbedingt auf Git angewiesen. Prinzipiell kann jeder, der noch den Source hat (ich z.B., die anderen NGemity Leute und alle anderen die es gecloned haben) daran arbeiten und es beenden - oder gar neu hosten.

Quote:
Auf der anderen Seite verstehe ich Webzen nicht wirklich. Ich meine wenn eine Art Legacy Server in der Mache wäre - dann ja. Aber so? Ich glaube kaum, dass der Emu und die Private Server community einen ernsthaften wirtschaftlichen Schaden ausmachen.
Rappelz ist tot. Anscheinend versuchen sie, jetzt mit den letzten Mitteln irgendwie das Projekt auszumelken, weil gerade die Publisher die Lizenz zahlen und die halt schweine teuer ist.
Old 09/24/2018, 12:57   #74

that's very sad news.

ps to whoever flagged "thanks for ruining our last chance to improve the ****** CRAPpelz you couldn't fix".
Old 10/02/2018, 15:39   #75

So anyone working on it? Also does anyone still got the latest source?